Any HRH Upgrade Tips

Tony M

Remember 1999
I have heard on this site that if you ask nicely at the front desk upon check-in, you may receive an upgraded room.
That seems too good to be true.
Any experience or suggestions on getting a bump up from a "garden view" to something better?
I am not looking for a "Penthouse Suite" or whatever Hard Rock Hotel calls their best room, but it's worth asking.
Please Help, THANKS
HAVE FUN

Getting an upgrade really depends on how the hotel is booked. Simply (and quietly) just ask the person checking you in if an upgrade is available. You never know.

It wouldn't hurt to be a Loews first member either. At least you'll get a free welcome gift and the membership is free too.

How do you join the Lowes club?

Where do you go to join Lowes Club?

Do you mean one can join a Loews First Member club? How does one do that?

BTW, We went to WDW 2 years ago, CB, and loved it. Now we are planning a US/IOA. Keep those trip reports coming too, everyone.

I went there prepared with AAA card, Loews card, entertainment card, etc... The front desk didn't care to see any of them. I paid $107 for a standard room last year and simply asked for an upgrade and they gave me a pool view.

I've found with any hotel, if you arrive early in the morning, they will honor your request.

So how does anyone get these discount cards that everyone is talking about - the Loews Card or the Universal Fan Club card??

We have stayed at the HRH 3 times, the first, in August our room was upgraded to a deluxe pool view room, when we went Jan and last weekend the hotel was sold out and there were no upgrades available.

Patty

Upon checkin last year in July, I brought my postcard that had free upgrade (to suite I think) since i was a Loews member. I asked the guy at check-in if it was possible for an upgrade. he said they had cancelled our reservations and that we were nowhere in the computer. I was so upset. He said don't worry. We can fix this...and gave us Club level. I think they just overbooked and pushed us to the only thing they had left. I was glad for my confirmation papers. Anyway, I was not thrilled with their concierge service. The breakfast part was great because we are light eaters, but everything else was not impressive for the amount of money you spend to stay on that floor. The bathroom was bigger than the bathroom in garden view though. I liked that part. Since I had already stayed in the garden view room a few months before, I had booked this vacation with a pool view. That was what I really wanted. When we got upgraded to concierge, I was so excited because I had heard of how wonderful concierge was......I pulled back the curtains not thinking of what view I would get....I got a nice view of the entrance cover and the driveway to the hotel! I kept the curtains closed the 3 days I was there. So disappointed. I would have rather had my poolview non concierge room anyday. Won't be requesting upgrade here again..lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter