Any hotels with life jackets and life guards?

ClapYourHands

DIS Veteran
I know both Universal and Disney have lifeguards on duty, at least at the main pools. This trip, we will have my 3-year-old with us, and I will be the only adult. We won't be doing Disney/Universal parks, but we will be doing a couple of resort days. It looks like there are some hotels in the Orlando area with great pools that include lazy rivers, waterslides, etc. and I know my older kids will love them. I just worry that I won't be able to relax poolside if I have to be on constant vigilance with my preschooler at all times because of no lifeguards. Any suggestions as to places I might look for lifeguards, even if for limited hours? We have starwood/marriott point we could use, though I know the Swolphin doesn't have lifeguards.

There are lifeguards at all resort pools. I have even seen lifeguards when it was cold and there was no one in the pools as many of them are heated. I have seen life jackets in a couple of resorts, but not sure if they are everywhere. I'm sure others will have great answers as well!

There are lifeguards at all resort pools. I have even seen lifeguards when it was cold and there was no one in the pools as many of them are heated. I have seen life jackets in a couple of resorts, but not sure if they are everywhere. I'm sure others will have great answers as well!

Could you be a bit more specific about which resorts you've seen with lifeguards?

I was surprised that there were none at the Swan/Dolphin last fall, but when I thought about it more, I don't recall seeing lifeguards at any of the Starwood properties where we've stayed (in various locations, not just Orlando). I can't remember if there were lifeguards at the Vistana when we stayed there a few years ago.

Marriott Harbor lake had them when we went a couple of years ago.

Thank you. We've done Starwood for years, but with the merger, we can use our points at Marriott properties. I haven't stayed at any in the Orlando area yet.

Of course, it doesn't have to be a Starriott property; those are just the ones I'm starting with. I'm also open to paying cash, as a hotel with a good pool is probably cheaper than paying for water park tickets.

Marriott Harbour Lake was perfect for young children when we were there and they had lots of activities. My kids didn't want to leave.

While the Disney DVC properties have many lifeguards, I don't recall seeing them at other timeshare properties in Orlando, such as Vistana and Wyndham.

Bonnet Creek has them monitoring the slides, but only one goes into a pool.

Sorry, not sure about lifeguards but you could always call properties that interest you to ask. Have you thought of bringing a life jacket along for your 3 year old? Perhaps some swimming lessons?

Even with lifeguards on duty, why wouldn't you have constant vigilance with a preschooler around water? Lifeguards aren't a substitute for parental supervision at a pool/beach.

Even with lifeguards on duty, why wouldn't you have constant vigilance with a preschooler around water? Lifeguards aren't a substitute for parental supervision at a pool/beach.

Just to clarify, I'm not planning to get my drink on while letting my kids run feral at the pool. I fully plan to supervise my preschooler. But I will also have a 9-year-old, and an 11-year-old. And I'll be the only adult.

My older boys are decent swimmers, but I can't ignore them to completely focus on the three-year-old. I don't want to tell them they can't go play on different water features because they have to stay with their preschool-aged sister, but if they're around the bend on a lazy river where I can't see them, I want the peace of mind that comes from knowing another adult has eyes out for them. I want them to be able to use the whole pool while I'm in the shallow end. And, honestly, they're kids and they'll need me, too, from time to time. I know this means I'll be distracted from my littlest at some point, and I worry about the "only-takes-a-moment" tragedies that can happen around water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter