Any hope of the Extra Extra magic hours being extended?

Jo2019

Mouseketeer
We arrive Nov 6th and are hoping they will extend them past Nov 2nd. Anyone hear any rumors?

I think the best you can hope for is maybe a few 7AM EMH openings before 8AM standard opening times around Christmas and New Years and maybe Thanksgiving weekend. The hurricane coupled with the 2nd ride not opening yet coupled with lukewarm reception to the ride means the extreme crowds didn't materialize. Im not willing to call it a bust or failure as the land is gorgeous, but unless people show up in droves starting in October, Disney will probably back off EMH to 1 park a day, each park having 1-2 EMH opportunities a week.

One thing I noticed when looking at early-mid December, was they had early hours listed for some of the stuff in GE if you were looking for reservations.

When we were there 2 weeks ago everything opened at 6AM... including ToT, RnR, and all of TSL, They were even allowing walk up ressies for droids and the cantina at least as early as 6:30AM. They would stand out front and ask if you wanted to come in/ make a droid/ eat at cantina

1) If-we-build-it-they-will-come.
2) Not the case with G.E.
3) THE WORD IS OUT that the "Land" and the ride are not that great.
. . . nice-try, but a huge-miss
. . . make Casey-At-The-Bat a footnote in history
4) Without a major clamour for the experience, no sense in paying for manpower to staff EMH.

4) Without a major clamour for the experience, no sense in paying for manpower to staff EMH.

I don't know that they're "not that great" or a "huge-miss." They opened at a traditionally low time when most people can't/won't take a Disney trip, and they didn't open the whole land, and then they had a hurricane. Also, they originally announced a "late fall" opening, and people who wanted to go for the GE opening probably made plans to go later.

I think the other thing is WDW bet on the clamor being so great that they could jack up prices - significantly - on just about everything. But people balked at the prices. I really wonder what the reception would have been if Disney hadn't pushed the envelope with costs.

On many threads we see someone complaining about prices, and other people chiming in, saying Disney can charge whatever they want and someone will pay it. That if the original poster stops going, there will just be 10 other people there to replace him/her. Except, that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.

Speaking for myself, I had planned to buy APs this year for myself and my daughter. She's 4, and this is the last year I can take her without regard to school calendar. My original plan was go in Sept when airfare and crowds are low-ish, and then hop down a couple more times for a few days when I can manage the time off - maybe with nothing more than a backpack on a cheap flight on Spirit or Frontier. And then Disney raised the AP pricing by $200, which would be an extra $400 for us both. And Disney started raising room prices, and food prices. And even with the price increases, Disney is cutting live entertainment, which is what, to me, makes Disney a destination that my local Six Flags can never match. After thinking about it, I decided the value just isn't there, even though we can afford it. DD and I will take one trip this year, and that will be it. Not sure when we'll be back.

So, while I agree there will not be more EEMH because the demand isn't there, I wonder how much of the mismatch between expectation and reality is a commentary on the quality of Galaxy's Edge, and how much is the result of Disney's choices surrounding the opening.

Dang! Somebody has Disney on full blast today! 😲

I don't know that they're "not that great" or a "huge-miss." They opened at a traditionally low time when most people can't/won't take a Disney trip, and they didn't open the whole land, and then they had a hurricane. Also, they originally announced a "late fall" opening, and people who wanted to go for the GE opening probably made plans to go later.

I think the other thing is WDW bet on the clamor being so great that they could jack up prices - significantly - on just about everything. But people balked at the prices. I really wonder what the reception would have been if Disney hadn't pushed the envelope with costs.

On many threads we see someone complaining about prices, and other people chiming in, saying Disney can charge whatever they want and someone will pay it. That if the original poster stops going, there will just be 10 other people there to replace him/her. Except, that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.

Speaking for myself, I had planned to buy APs this year for myself and my daughter. She's 4, and this is the last year I can take her without regard to school calendar. My original plan was go in Sept when airfare and crowds are low-ish, and then hop down a couple more times for a few days when I can manage the time off - maybe with nothing more than a backpack on a cheap flight on Spirit or Frontier. And then Disney raised the AP pricing by $200, which would be an extra $400 for us both. And Disney started raising room prices, and food prices. And even with the price increases, Disney is cutting live entertainment, which is what, to me, makes Disney a destination that my local Six Flags can never match. After thinking about it, I decided the value just isn't there, even though we can afford it. DD and I will take one trip this year, and that will be it. Not sure when we'll be back.

So, while I agree there will not be more EEMH because the demand isn't there, I wonder how much of the mismatch between expectation and reality is a commentary on the quality of Galaxy's Edge, and how much is the result of Disney's choices surrounding the opening.
All of what she said. We had made plans to go this fall and avoid the very opening and then planned to go back next year. After all the price hikes we have already cut next year's trip and decided on taking the kids somewhere different. It does leave a yucky taste in consumer's mouths when prices keep rising (and so steeply) while services or perks are cut. It isn't like paying to park or having toiletries will make or break our trip. It just takes away from the feeling of being valued as a guest who pays to stay onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter