Any guesses for dining rotation?

nittany89

DVC Member
We are a family of 4 with 2 Kids ages 10 and 14. We have early seating cruising on the August 19 double dip cruise. Can anyone make a guess as to what our dining rotation will be?

nittany89 said:
We are a family of 4 with 2 Kids ages 10 and 14. We have early seating cruising on the August 19 double dip cruise. Can anyone make a guess as to what our dining rotation will be?

Dining rotation (at least on our cruise magic 7 day western) was dependent on WHICH early seating you get. We had the 6 PM early seating (as opposed to the 5:30 or 5:45) and we started in Lumieres. Our dining rotation went L-A-P.

Melora said:
Dining rotation (at least on our cruise magic 7 day western) was dependent on WHICH early seating you get. We had the 6 PM early seating (as opposed to the 5:30 or 5:45) and we started in Lumieres. Our dining rotation went L-A-P.

I think that 5:30 is APL and 5:45 is PLA. My travel agent said we could request our specific dining time and lock it the rotation that way. Not always guaranteed of course.

If you let Disney pick for you, they tend to put smaller children in the APL rotation, familys with teens in the PLA rotation, and adults in the LAP rotation.

NurseChell said:
What about late seating? We have 8:30 seating. Any ideas on what rotation whe will have?

8:00pm is APL, and I think 8:15pm is PLA, and 8:30pm is LAP. You can call DCL and request one of these time. Of course, there is no guarantee but you can at least make a request.

My guess is that you will have LAP with PLA as the second most likely choice. My thinking is that the chance of starting in Animators is less than 10%.

Just remember, the dinning rotation that you get doesn't mean squat. It's one of those issues that people obsesse over about getting the "perfect" rotation. Let me tell you it's not the rotation or the dinning room, it's your servers and tablemates that make the dinners special. So what if you're in Parrot Cay for formal night? Heck DW and I were in Palo on a night that our rotation was in Parrot Cay. It was a "normal" (casual) night in Parrot Cay. After we finished dinner (in Palo), we joined our kids and tablemates in PC - I'm in a tux (the only other time I've been in one was at my wedding) and DW looks stunning in one of her fancy dresses. Everyone else is casual. We didn't feel out of place and we enjoyed 45 minutes with our new friends chatting over dessert (which did not compare to the souflee in Palo).

With the staggered dining times it does matter to me. We are hoping for 6:00 not 5:30 because of the excursions we hope to be on. It'll give us a little time to get to dinner. When we sailed last year on the wonder we had PTA.

jrabbit said:
Just remember, the dinning rotation that you get doesn't mean squat. It's one of those issues that people obsesse over about getting the "perfect" rotation. Let me tell you it's not the rotation or the dinning room, it's your servers and tablemates that make the dinners special. ).

Now that seems like the right attitude!
:wave:

In addition, I think the "perfect" rotation for the double dips will be different than the western because I am guessing formal night/pirate night will be different than normal westerns....
I gave up trying to predict for my July double dip and will change my palo reservations on board if I didn;t guess right
I'm waiting until the May 22 double dip for the full scoop!
Barb

The formal & semiformal nights should be the same on the DD cruises as the regular western. Those are held on sea days & there are only two of them on each cruise.

nittany89 said:
With the staggered dining times it does matter to me. We are hoping for 6:00 not 5:30 because of the excursions we hope to be on. It'll give us a little time to get to dinner. When we sailed last year on the wonder we had PTA.
Sorry, my only experience has been on the Magic and the dinning times have been 6 and 8:30. With the staggered times for each rotation on the Wonder I can be persuaded that the rotation you are on will matter.

I haven't been on the DIS much since the eastbound repo cruise through the panama canal last year. Has the Magic changed to the staggered starting times for dinner? Something about the staggered times seems not "right" to me.

Unfortunantly, the Magic has also had the staggared times since last fall. :( I can understand being concerned about what time you eat. It lessens the importance of what rotation you want to correspond with the formal nights IMO.

HI all, I am new at this and have never cruised before, what is the double dip curise and the western? Does each cruise have a different theme. I did not see that when I looked for dates of the cruise. I am sailint for a four day cruise march of 07.Thank you in advance. Fran :cool1: :cheer2:

Seven day cruises are usually Western or Eastern iteneraries - Western sails to Cozumel, Eastern is the Bahamas.

Double dip are Western cruises where they make two stops at Castaway Cay - Disney's private island.

Four day cruises are all currently the same itenerary - one stop in Nassau, one at Castaway Cay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts