Any Good Steaks?

dad4dis

Mouseketeer
I will be sailing the Fantasy for the first time in Feb. Is there any meal that has a good steak? Nothing fancy with sauces all over it, just a good steak.

I seem to recall the 'lighter fare' options for every meal having a steak option.

Alternatively, if a steak is on the menu you could always ask for it to come un-sauced or sauce on the side. The wait staff is extremely accommodating towards any request.

In terms of it being a "Good" steak, the quality of meat isn't exactly absolutely primo. I'd call it akin to what you'd get at any casual dining restaurant in the US.....not like that from an upscale steakhouse focusing on meat. I seem to recall the tenderloin at Palo being more tender and flavorful than any steak I got in the dining rotation.

I will be sailing the Fantasy for the first time in Feb. Is there any meal that has a good steak? Nothing fancy with sauces all over it, just a good steak.

I have been wondering the same thing about the Dream. I know that I can get one in any restaurant, but I don't know about the quality. I have become more of a steak man in recent years.

There are many good beef dishes, most of which can be served with sauce on the side. In addition, there is a grilled sirloin on the "lighter fare" section of the menu every night.

My personal favorite is the one with the bernaise sauce.

I have wondered this too! What about cooking temperature? If they have mediocre steaks, do they at least know how to cook them? Less than good quality meat + anymore more than medium rare = dog food, IMO. :lmao:

kelis said:
I have wondered this too! What about cooking temperature? If they have mediocre steaks, do they at least know how to cook them? Less than good quality meat + anymore more than medium rare = dog food, IMO. :lmao:

As with all mass produced steaks, it is difficult to properly cook steaks to the requested level. If it does not come out to your likeness, don't hesitate to ask your server for a better one.

I really enjoyed the ribeye in Parrot Cay.

We have cruised several times with Disney. On one seven night cruise, our friends' son had steak every single night. They do a good job, but do remember that they are cooking for 600 people at each of two seating in each of three main dining room restaurants (at least on the Fantasy and the Dream, and that assumes that the ship is not full and that not everyone went to a main dining room. Let's not get our knickers in too big a knot over my very general numbers).

Anyhow, they do a good job, but if you are looking for a steak like you would get at the finest steak house in downtown Atlanta, you may be disappointed. If you want a particularly nice steak, a night at Palo is in order.

LOL, when I read your post, I immediately thought to myself, "They must be from Texas." :thumbsup2 (I'm from the Houston area). I looked over at your info, and sure enough :thumbsup2! We like our steak just barely dead in these parts. I hope the Magic has that figured out now that it's had a couple of sailings full of Texans! --Katie

On the Fantasy, the steak in Animators was quite good one night. It was a simple one with just black pepper on it. Not quite steakhouse quality but pretty juicy and flavorful. All others on our 7-nighter were not all that great--even medium rare. Mostly, they came out overcooked and a bit tough.

Hit Palo if really want to ensure a good steak one night. DW got the tenderloin and it was quite good. Of course, once you're in Palo, you might look over the menu and choose otherwise (I had the Osso Bucco - awesome!). Luckily, at Palo (just as at any of the restaurants), you always have the option of ordering multiple items if you so choose.

DW will almost always order steak over anything else, so most every night, even in the main dining rotations, she got a steak of some variety. She will usually go on and on if she has found a great one, and I do not recall too many "ooooh's" and "aaaaah's" in those restaurants. Good but not crazy good.

DD10 got a steak from the adult "lighter side" menu virtually every night on our 7-night Fantasy trip (you can always get steak, chicken or salmon, regardless of whatever fancier options are on the main menu), and she loved it. Granted, the tastes of a 10-year old might not equate to those of an adult, but I took a bite or two each night and had to admit it was pretty good. I got also got a steak a couple of mornings at Cabanas to go with my omelet - ha!

We were on the Dream this past September. We didn't eat at the Royal Palace dining room one night and ate at the restaurant on the pool deck (forget the name). It wasn't a buffet, it was a very nice, quiet & relaxing sit down dinner. We all ordered the Porterhouse steak and OMG it was the best steak I have ever eaten. I would highly recommend this! :thumbsup2

I had the best steak of my life on the adult beach at Castaway Cay. It was a ribeye that was as big as the plate! So yummy.....

LOL, when I read your post, I immediately thought to myself, "They must be from Texas." :thumbsup2 (I'm from the Houston area). I looked over at your info, and sure enough :thumbsup2! We like our steak just barely dead in these parts. I hope the Magic has that figured out now that it's had a couple of sailings full of Texans! --Katie

I had no problem getting a rare to medium rare steak on Magic out of Galveston. Had to send one back, but they got a properly raw one back out to me in no time flat.

I learned to order below what I wanted on the fantasy. I like my steak medium well. But had to order medium to get a good steak on the fantasy. The server told us how to order when we told him how we liked our steaks.

My DH is a big steak lover. His favourite steaks on DCL was the Beef Tenderloin at Palo and the Porterhouse that he had for dinner at Beach Blanket Buffet on the Wonder.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter