Any good MK fast food healthy options for kids ?

Be our guest has a lot of options if you can get a reservation. Pecos Bill also has some Tex-mex food that you could make pretty healthy if you skip the toppings bar.

Are you kids too old to split a meal with? Columbia Harbor House has grilled shrimp and salmon that were generous portions, at least the last time I went. You can get a vegetable as the side. Cosmic Rays has a large rotisserie chicken that you can easily split for 2 that also comes with green beans.

I think WDW has done an excellent job over the past few years to include healthier options across adult and kids menus at QS. My DS has always loved salads and we can always find at least one at every QS we've gone to.

A lot of quick service have the uncrustable PBJ with apples/carrots/grapes kids meal. I second the fruit at Liberty Square (great fruit at Harambe in AK too).

What do you consider healthy?

It can be pretty difficult even as an adult to find healthy, which I consider unprocessed foods, no red meats, and lots of veggies. I tend to avoid salad as it’s at risk for cross contamination. And there have been a lot of recalls tied to lettuce.

Kids menus tend to be full of heavily processed foods. You might want to share from an adult menu.

But also consider that you’re walking about ten miles a day in the sun. You’re going to want some more fats and salt in your diet.

What do you consider healthy?

Such a good question.

I think the “Mickey check” meals are awful because it’s all meat. Out in Anaheim they healthied things up at the Mexican restaurant by getting rid of the Mexican ride in the kid meals and use a whole wheat, huge, tortilla. My son eats decently, and refused a third bite of what was formerly a fave meal. It went in the garbage after I tasted it and realized how awful it tasted. And we ordered an adult meal with the tasty Mexican rice and the regular tortillas. It’s not healthy if it ends up in the garbage. And kids need fat.

Views on “healthy” vary.

But also consider that you’re walking about ten miles a day in the sun. You’re going to want some more fats and salt in your diet.

Yep.

Pecos Bill's is horrible now. The place is a mess and the food has gone way downhill

There are options other than burgers, hotdogs and fries. I'm assuming you meant what is there other than that for kids. Research here on the DIS and you'll find healthier choices.

Columbia Harbor House is our go-to when we feel like the kids need some fiber. We get a side of green beans for them to split.

They sell bananas and hard boiled eggs at Main Street Bakery Starbucks along with their breakfast quick serve selections. The line looks long but service is usually pretty fast.
I have never eaten at Sleepy Hollow Waffles but wonder if they can be deconstructed to be made healthier? Waffles with fresh fruit sounds good and kinda basic. I guess they serve a breakfast sandwich with waffle ,egg, slice of turkey or ham? and sliced tomato. That line always looks long and slow. Does anybody recommend it for healthy option?
They serve the flatbread pizza at Pinocchio’s Village House. I recently tried one at Wilderness Lodge quick serve and was surprised it was really good.
You need to search the menus closer. I think it can be done.

Last edited:
Depends on what healthy means to you and also what you've raised your kids to eat. The veggie rice bowl at Pecos Bill's looks decent and you could run it through the toppins bar (and/or add guac). Harbour House salmon with veg is one of my go-to's. As others have said; you can grab a banana several places along with other fruit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter