Any good fireworks (HEA) spots without dessert party anymore?

MischaOz

DIS Veteran
Greetings! Heading down with DD (7) in a few weeks and I’m debating the dessert party but concerned about the amount of time that would take on a 9pm closing night. Last time we watched HEA in full we watched from what is the now club-level garden area. Previously we liked to watch Wishes with a fastpass which I believe is now the garden area for the fireworks party. I’m wondering if anyone has suggestions of places to watch from if not doing the party? Really don’t want to camp out an hour in advance just to be crowded out of our spot when the show starts. Thanks!!

I have had absolutely zero issues walking into the hub about 10-15 minutes before the show starts and finding a perfect spot, several times. I usually go behind either one of the fountains, which is just in front of the garden areas.
I know they stopped doing the club level viewing at one point, did they bring it back?

Thank you very much for your feedback, I greatly appreciate it! That is encouraging! Also, I was unaware about the club level section. Can anyone with recent info confirm whether that garden section in front of Casey’s is still reserved for club level? Thank you!!

Thank you very much for your feedback, I greatly appreciate it! That is encouraging! Also, I was unaware about the club level section. Can anyone with recent info confirm whether that garden section in front of Casey’s is still reserved for club level? Thank you!!
Somebody else can add additional confirmation, but based on the related thread, night-time viewing for CL went away as of Sept 2018 and has not since returned.

In my experience the hub is generally crowded. If it isn't say, Easter or Christmas, we don't generally arrive all that early.

OH- but I DO feel compelled to add that if you go to Universal and want to see the Hogwart's Castle lights- then DO arrive early, because THAT land DOES fill to capacity!

On the other hand, no matter when you arrive at the hub, you should ALSO expect latecomers will continue to arrive and they will continue to try to find a spot they can squeeze into, right until the show ends.

If you want a less crowded experience, consider different viewing spots. Sorry if that sounds snarky, I don't mean that to be snarky. While teh hub offers the fullest view, other locations = less crowds, and that can be just as much fun.

Greetings! Heading down with DD (7) in a few weeks and I’m debating the dessert party but concerned about the amount of time that would take on a 9pm closing night. Last time we watched HEA in full we watched from what is the now club-level garden area. Previously we liked to watch Wishes with a fastpass which I believe is now the garden area for the fireworks party.

The EAST ("Plaza Restaurant") side of the two fenced-in areas that USED to be for FP+
is fully for the "Dessert Party" viewers.
The WEST ("Casey's Hot Dogs") side of the two fenced-in areas that USED to be for FP+
might sometimes be partially reserved for the "Club Level" viewers.
But, most (if not ALL) of the West area is open for walk-in guests.

Last edited:
The EAST ("Plaza Restaurant") side of the two fenced-in areas that USED to be for FP+
is fully for the "Dessert Party" viewers.
The WEST ("Casey's Hot Dogs") side of the two fenced-in areas that USED to be for FP+

View attachment 417049
Thank you!

I've attended this dessert party twice, but recently wanted to see it without the time commitment, like the OP.

This may or may not happen for you. I was solo & didn't want to wait for this show. So, 5 min before, I headed to the hub to see if I could find a place. I stopped a few times along the Tomorrowland side of the hub but wasn't thrilled with some trees & lamp poles in the view & I just kept moving.

Looking at that pic above by Robo, I walked around the outer band of the hub. CM's were waving in pedestrians up into the middle aisle (between the 2 disabled viewing areas). They had previously taped off the sidewalk to keep a walkway in this area clear. But, with only 5 minutes to go, they were packing everyone in to every available spot. Hundreds of us were ushered in to watch the show front & center and we only had to wait the five minutes for it! Could not be happier to find this. I have no doubt that someone 3 feet to the side of me had held that spot for the last hour.

Last edited:
While not the usual view from the front, as the show was meant to be watched, we really enjoyed it back in Fantasyland. It was a completely different experience and so low key and mellow. We had seats on the stone benches, it was not busy at all. We were back by Pinnocchio Village Haus and the bathrooms right there. My husband is a hobbyist yet licensed pyrotechnician so I swear we have seen every show a million times over, so I'm far less picky than him. This is a variation that is low-key, no rushing. You just have to plan ahead as they rope off around the castle/carousel to protect guests from falling debris. This decision came after we had done the HEA Dessert Party with garden viewing. While the viewing experience was good, I was not happy with the dessert party experience so I was not shelling out money again. The only thing to watch out for that it can be very loud back here as it the louder bursts echo, but my kids are used to it with their dad. ;)
Not exactly what you were looking for, but maybe it'll help someone someday. Have fun!

What was "club level" viewing? If you were staying CL at a resort you got special viewing areas? I don't recall ever hearing about that.

What was "club level" viewing?
1. If you were staying CL at a resort you got special viewing areas?
2. I don't recall ever hearing about that.
1. Yup.
2. Was not always a "thing."
It may be gone "forever," or for "awhile" (or come back tomorrow, for all I know.)

What was "club level" viewing? If you were staying CL at a resort you got special viewing areas? I don't recall ever hearing about that.

The club level reserved fireworks viewing spot was part of the trial extra paid FP program for CL customers. As of today, the program is still being offered, but it is still a 'trial' program that could end at any time. There's some speculation it may end soon.

In short, customers who paid extra to be on the club level floors for at least 2 nights could pay an additional $50 per person per day, for A MINIMUM of 3 days to obtain 3 extra (pre-arrival, booked) FP per person per day. ( So at least $150 perperson ontop of CL for 9 extra pre-booked FP.)

When the program was first offered, it also included the reserved PM event seating (MK/Epcot= fireworks, HS=Fantasmic!, AK=ROL)

But, the FP could/can only be booked 1 per hour, so using 6FP = 6 hours of park touring, and 6hours of FP, plus eating and fireworks = a rather long day where you don't get much of an opportunity to enjoy the CL hotel amenities.

It is a little like the old super-premium all-inclusive packages WDW used to offer. In theory, the packages included all dining and every activity, but good luck trying to do all the included package elements!

I think they eliminated the PM viewing because too few were seeing the PM shows in the reserved areas. I don't see them bringing them back. As I said, there are rumors the whole thing could go away. Disney doesn't advertise the offer anywhere, just word of mouth.

1. Yup.
2. Was not always a "thing."
It may be gone "forever," or for "awhile" (or come back tomorrow, for all I know.)

FYI, they stopped the CL reserved viewing that originally came with the trial paid FP program back in Sept/Oct 2018. By many accounts, it was not particularly well utilized at any of the parks. The paid FP program still continues today, just not with the reserved viewing feature.

Starting 8/3, all or some portion of the West Plaza Garden is going to be utilized for the Signature Celebration Package at Cinderella's Royal Table, which appears to be scheduled nightly (excluding party nights).

While not the usual view from the front, as the show was meant to be watched, we really enjoyed it back in Fantasyland. It was a completely different experience and so low key and mellow.
I accidentally watched from the back too. I was getting of Mine Train and wandering up to the Beast Castle had good views with no one around.
I have also watched from the

Dessert Party - good view but not worth expense

Roof of Contemporary Resort. We went for brunch our check in day and got the return tickets. Nice but a bit far for me.

Gardens to right of castle as looking down Main Street. If got right spot thru trees, it was good

Coming out of dinner IN the castle we were in the mob. Me and 8yo were fine, but two others who left a few minutes before us were not happy with the crowd.

Best was right at the hub. People were sitting around and we were talking to the cast member who put down the tape and was holding the rope to close the crossing down from the Tomorrowland side. She knew we wanted to sit on the tape line when she put up the rope, and winked to let us stay near. Worked great. As soon as our butts hit the ground there were at least 50 running up the off path behind us.

Frontierland near Big Thunder is a pretty good spot for just the firework themselves. (No castle illumination) The Bridge between the Hub and tomorrowland used to be great but everyone caught on.

We saw the fireworks from BTM and when we got off we continued to watch them and the view was amazing.

We enjoyed seeing the fireworks while on the peoplemover.

We tried these both out on our last trip for the first time and really enjoyed a different view point of the fireworks.

Watched it from the hub to the left of the statue in August. Was a really great spot. We didnt arrive all that early either.

We like the view from the bridge to Tomorrowland. We've never waited more than 5-10 minutes and Tink flies directly overhead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts