Any French Speakers out there!

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by CRITCHK, Aug 1, 2009.

1. CRITCHK

CRITCHK Mouseketeer

Just picking up a few tips here and there. Noticed a few people say if you ask the CM to take a group photo they will stop everyone else pushing in and make sure you get a good shot.

I would like to be able to ask in French, but don't no what to say. I can only really say "Bonjour" and "Merci".

Please could anyone tell me how to say in French, " Please could you take a group family photo".

Any other tips would be very welcome.

2. Suzanne1979

Suzanne1979 Mouseketeer

Voulez-vous prendre un photo de ma famille, s'il vous plait?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. tennisfan

tennisfan Was told off for sliding down the bannister at SL Moderator

I just asked in english & showed my camera. All knew what I wanted:thumbsup2

5. PJackson

PJackson DIS Veteran

That's such a nice idea to do that :goodvibes But remember to look at their badge - you may find they are from the UK anyway as we found quite a few CMs were last trip. Or even another country too - but then, I'm sure they'll all be fluent in French anyway whether it's their native tongue or not!!

I did make sure I said hello, thank you very much (where appropriate) and goodbye in French to the characters and CMs etc - it seemed appreciated. My French is v rusty (did A Level but was rubbish!) but I did end up ordering our meal in Cafe Mickey in French as the waitress was clearly going to get it wrong if I didn't step in - think she'd just woken up :rotfl2: None of the rest of the party speak any French so when I do say the odd word they think it's brilliant :rotfl:

6. CRITCHK

CRITCHK Mouseketeer

Thanks Suzanne, not sure how to pronounce,"prendre" I tend to say as I see and get it all wrong and usually get a blank expression!

PJackson did not know the CM's had the country on their badge, thanks for the tip. Guess I should brush up on my Spanish & German as well.

7. PrincessKimi

PrincessKimi Earning My Ears

I pronounce prendre 'Pron-dra', but without much emphasis on the 'dra' part.
    But I think I have a weird accent when I speak French, so someone might want to correct me on that...

8. Calleigh

Calleigh Mouseketeer

" Pourriez-vous nous prendre en photo, s'il vous plait ? "

9. jillrobinson

jillrobinson DIS Veteran

My Bonsiour is always greeted with English Madame ? I must have an appalling french accent. :rotfl2:

10. buttercup1982

buttercup1982 DIS Veteran

Could anyone tell me how to ask for a stamp please? :confused3

11. tinksprinkles

tinksprinkles Earning My Ears

un timbre-poste s'il vous plait can be said to ask for a stamp, or je voudrais achete un timbre- poste s'il vous plait, meaning i would like to but a postage stamp please.
    un carnet de timbres for a book of stamps.

12. buttercup1982

buttercup1982 DIS Veteran

Thank you! :flower3: