Any French Speakers out there!

CRITCHK

Mouseketeer
Just picking up a few tips here and there. Noticed a few people say if you ask the CM to take a group photo they will stop everyone else pushing in and make sure you get a good shot.

I would like to be able to ask in French, but don't no what to say. I can only really say "Bonjour" and "Merci".

Please could anyone tell me how to say in French, " Please could you take a group family photo".

Any other tips would be very welcome.

I just asked in english & showed my camera. All knew what I wanted:thumbsup2

That's such a nice idea to do that :goodvibes But remember to look at their badge - you may find they are from the UK anyway as we found quite a few CMs were last trip. Or even another country too - but then, I'm sure they'll all be fluent in French anyway whether it's their native tongue or not!!

I did make sure I said hello, thank you very much (where appropriate) and goodbye in French to the characters and CMs etc - it seemed appreciated. My French is v rusty (did A Level but was rubbish!) but I did end up ordering our meal in Cafe Mickey in French as the waitress was clearly going to get it wrong if I didn't step in - think she'd just woken up :rotfl2: None of the rest of the party speak any French so when I do say the odd word they think it's brilliant :rotfl:

Thanks Suzanne, not sure how to pronounce,"prendre" I tend to say as I see and get it all wrong and usually get a blank expression!

PJackson did not know the CM's had the country on their badge, thanks for the tip. Guess I should brush up on my Spanish & German as well.

I pronounce prendre 'Pron-dra', but without much emphasis on the 'dra' part.
But I think I have a weird accent when I speak French, so someone might want to correct me on that...

My Bonsiour is always greeted with English Madame ? I must have an appalling french accent. :rotfl2:

un timbre-poste s'il vous plait can be said to ask for a stamp, or je voudrais achete un timbre- poste s'il vous plait, meaning i would like to but a postage stamp please.
un carnet de timbres for a book of stamps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!