Any feedback on EEMH at Hollywood Studios? 6am till 9am. What was your experience?

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
Looking for feedback on what to expect from the (very) early 6am opening at HS. Has anyone done this? Crowds? Is everyone immediately heading to GE? Any strategy tips?

We did it this morning and it was awesome. by 9am we had ridden every ride in the park. granted crowds were lower due to the recent hurricane. smugglers run waits stayed consistently 30min-1hr and we rode twice during the first hour. We showed up at 5am and were let into the gates/main holding area in front of chinese theatre at 5:20. At 6am they brought out storm troopers and they led us into star wars land with synchronized music. getting there by 5:30 will allow you to walk on smugglers run. afterwards they were taking walk up ressues for ogas and droid building and every other ride was 5-10 min wait until 9am. If you can stand getting up that early its well worth your time.

I'm coming to WDW late October and October 31 will be my Hollywood Studios day. I have a 10am Oga reservation. So I'm thinking now I'll hit everything I can outside of Galaxy's Edge first and then try to enter before official park open at 9am. I'll be curious to see 6-9am trends and comments by others.

What about transportation? When have you all been catching busses from the resorts? We will be staying GF at the end of this month and want to maximize 6am to 9am. Should we just Uber to DHS?

What about transportation? When have you all been catching busses from the resorts? We will be staying GF at the end of this month and want to maximize 6am to 9am. Should we just Uber to DHS?

Busses are running from resorts just like during normal EMH

Busses are running from resorts just like during normal EMH

Normal EMH bus hours start one hour before park opening though per Disney. If people are getting there by 5am, then either the busses are running earlier or people are taking another method of transportation.

Are the busses running early? And if so how early? Or are people driving/cabbing/Ubering to get there by 5am?

I did EEMHs the day before the hurricane was due to pass by, so I’m not sure how realistic my wait times were. Here was my experience though:
We didn’t make rope drop and got into HS at around 6:30am, so we skipped SR and headed to TSL. SDD had a 5 minute wait posted, it was a walk on. Once we got off at about 6:55am we noticed a photographer hanging out at Woody’s spot, so we went over and got 1st in line for a 7am arrival. Then we ran over and met Buzz with a 5 minute wait. TSM and Alien Swirling Saucers were both a walk on shortly after 7am.
We finished TSL by around 7:40am and headed over to sign up for Jedi Training which opened at 7:45am. We had a totally open pick of times.
We got on SR at about 8am. Posted wait was 30 minutes, actual wait was about 15 minutes. Afterwards we headed to droid depot and there was no line. By the time we got out of Droid Depot, SR was up to 110 minutes. We had a 10am reservation to Oga’s and it was about a 15 minute wait. By the time we got out of Oga’s the line for SR was wrapping around the land.

I know this sounds crazy, but none in my travel group want to ride SR (because of motion sickness) - if the line is short, is the que worth going through to see the decor/special affects in the line and then take the chicken exit? '
I'm assuming there is a chicken exit...
Thoughts?

I know this sounds crazy, but none in my travel group want to ride SR (because of motion sickness) - if the line is short, is the que worth going through to see the decor/special affects in the line and then take the chicken exit? '
I'm assuming there is a chicken exit...
Thoughts?
I watched a Tim Tracker video the other day and his wife, who is pregnant and therefore not riding, went through the queue and exited without riding. I haven't been in person yet, but I have seen plenty of photos and videos...I would walk through just to see it for sure.

I watched a Tim Tracker video the other day and his wife, who is pregnant and therefore not riding, went through the queue and exited without riding. I haven't been in person yet, but I have seen plenty of photos and videos...I would walk through just to see it for sure.
yes there's a way to walk all the way into the holding room, just let the CM who is giving assignments know that the person is not riding and they can go all the ay into the holding room, take pictures and exit

I was thinking about driving ourselves over prior to 6:00AM from the resort. What time do they open parking?

Anyone been down this week? How are crowds post hurricane and post “Labor Day Week” ?

I was thinking about driving ourselves over prior to 6:00AM from the resort. What time do they open parking?
In practice, the lots are available 24 hours. Overnight they don't always man the booths but you can still get in and park (the gate will just be up and they won't charge you later or anything)

Normal EMH bus hours start one hour before park opening though per Disney. If people are getting there by 5am, then either the busses are running earlier or people are taking another method of transportation.

Are the busses running early? And if so how early? Or are people driving/cabbing/Ubering to get there by 5am?
Buses often run earlier than their advertised time. Which is frustrating when trying to plan your day.
During the AP previews of SWGE, I wanted to get there BEFORE 8:00 AM (for a 9:00 AM park opening and 9:00 AM time slot). I had heard they were letting people into the park as early as 8:00 AM.

I asked two different cast members (two different days) at my front desk if there would be an "early" DHS bus. They just gave me the 1hour before park opens spiel.

I piled the family in the car at 7:30 AM to drive to DHS and as we are leaving the All-Star Music parking lot .. there is a bus bound for DHS loading up! Guh. Oh well .. we got there faster than the bus would have anyway (our car was parked closer than the bus drop off is (that bus drop off is WAY too far away from the front entrance).

So .. DHS probably opens early due to crowds showing up ... well .. early.

Was there today at 6am. Hit SDD and waited 20 minutes. RNRC and TOT a walk on. Didn’t hit Galaxy's Edge this morning but the boards had MFSR at 30 minutes at 7:30am. If you can get there at 5:30-6 you will certainly get in to Batuu and do MFSR with a minimal wait time.

I last stayed at AKKV and they had the realistic board telling you when the bus was coming. This trip is ASMo. Do all resorts have accurate digital bus schedules. We could park nearer buses that morning and if we didn’t like the bus time hop in the car -not far to DHS.

Is it maybe a better strategy to head to TSL at 6am and do those rides, then head to GE after? I am just thinking that most everyone who gets there at 6 is heading straight for GE :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!