Any expierences with Southeast airlines and the Sanford airport

mryder

Mouseketeer
Has anyone taken Southeast airlines to Florida? I can get a fare of $59 one way from Allentown, PA to the Sanford airport non-stop. For myself, wife, and son we can fly for $399 with all taxes. I was wondering if anyone has an expierence with this airline and the airport. We are used to MCO. We would be going down in October.

I see there are the major car rentals agencies located in the terminal. How were the prices compared to MCO. How long is the drive to Disney? And yes we do plan to rent a car.

The cheap airfare and direct flight have me very interested.

We are considering SEAL, too, for our 2/28/04 cruise. The current fares on the traditional air carriers for Feb/March 2004 are outrageous. We'd like to know more about SEAL, too!

We did it in March. ABE to SFB and we paid $133 pp. We rented a car from National for the one way trip to WDW and dropped it off at the Dolphin ($40.99) It wasn't a bad drive at all and we were able to stop and grocery shop and get lunch before heading to CBR. On checkout day DH went to the Dolphin got a car and we checked out, drove to AKL and DD, stopped in Kissimmee and then proceeded to SFB. I think we paid ($50.52). All in all it was cheaper then a TC ($120) and a lot more convenient.
ABE and SFB are nice airports and IMHO I didn't want a large airport read EWR,PHL,MCO.
They were both very easy to get to and the parking at ABE was $7 a day.
Any more ? just ask!

I reserved my tickets for Southeast. I just couldn't resist the fare and the Customer Service people were super friendly. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

We are taking Momof2's advice doing the rental as it is very much more expensive to get a towncar. The quotes I've received so far are around 180.00 round trip for the towncar.

We'll have much more freedom with the rental. I'm hoping that they can give us driving directions when we get there or I'll end up driving all the way back home by accident! LOL!

lol! they give you a map and they highlighted our route. it was very easy!

We've flown SE out of Allentown a few times. We were lucky to get the $133 RT price for our flights in March, and we paid slightly more for our August trip. BTW, their fares are now up through at least early December.

We enjoy flying into Sanford better than MCO. It's farther to travel, but you have the convenience of a smaller airport. The facility is modern and all the folks we've encountered there have been very friendly and helpful. It has a much slower pace than MCO.

We've rented cars from Dollar and National. It's very easy to get to 417 (Greene Way) from the Sanford Airport. The tolls are a bit steep, about $5 total one way, but it's the easiest and usually least congested route to WDW.

HTH!

we've flown into Sanford as well - it's a nice small airport, you will be in and out much more quickly than from MCO.

I think it's about a 45min drive to WDW. We didn't find it to be any problem at all, and would happily fly to Sanford again

Bev

Another one that has done it, and trust me, if I could get from Sanford to WDW driving alone, anyone can!.
The flight was fine, the airport was smaller than MCO but a lot easier to get around. The rental car pick up was a breeze ( National for me ) and I walked out of there without a problem.
The way to WDW for me was I4 all the way , 50 minutes without any traffic. I'm just waiting for the fares now to come out for February, this time we are all going!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter