Any experience with kennels on Hilton Head Island?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
We'll have 2 dogs to kennel, over a 3 night period in July. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks.
Bobbi:goodvibes

I don't suppose they could just stay with Shadow?
:3dglasses

(sorry....I can't help with any info on this!)

I don't suppose they could just stay with Shadow?
:3dglasses

(sorry....I can't help with any info on this!)

Sigh. This is for our younger DS and his bride. They are NOT Disney boosters, and I just haven't the heart to mention that there's a resident dog at this resort! For sure they would ask why Irving and Murphy wouldn't be welcomed as well. So, I figure if I could find a pet resort on the island, that would soften the blow for them.

Irving and Murphy are rescued dogs from the Hurricane Katrina era. Irving lost his family in the hurricane, he was found abandoned and wandering around after the storm. Murphy was born to a mom in a shelter after the storm. She had spent the time of the storm alone, too.

It's going to turn out all right. I'll find something, but if someone here can recommend a place, it just makes the search easier for me.

We used Evergreen Pet Lodge in March and I cannot say enough good things about them. Their kennels were clean, the rates were very good, the employees were wonderful and they even give a DVC discount! You are allowed to check your doggies out for a visit to the beach or local dog park if you'd like and they offer play groups and grooming services for those who want them.

We loved bringing our dog along with us and will do so again the next time we head to HHI. It's nice to be able to see him during our vacation and not worry about how he's doing in a kennel at home.

Here's their website... http://www.evergreenpetlodgehhi.com/

Irving and Murphy are rescued dogs from the Hurricane Katrina era

That is SO COOL that your DS took them in!!
You must be (and have every right to be) very proud of him/them !!
:):):)

We used Evergreen Pet Lodge in March and I cannot say enough good things about them. Their kennels were clean, the rates were very good, the employees were wonderful and they even give a DVC discount! You are allowed to check your doggies out for a visit to the beach or local dog park if you'd like and they offer play groups and grooming services for those who want them.

We loved bringing our dog along with us and will do so again the next time we head to HHI. It's nice to be able to see him during our vacation and not worry about how he's doing in a kennel at home.

Here's their website... http://www.evergreenpetlodgehhi.com/

Thank you! I do think that's what Irving and Murphy need, and DS & DDiL will like!

Bobbi

That is SO COOL that your DS took them in!!
You must be (and have every right to be) very proud of him/them !!
:):):)

The (now) Pittsburg Woz's tied the knot in New Orleans, they met while he was working on housing after Katrina, and she was teaching in a New Orleans school. Mutual friends introduced them.

I'll pass your kind words on to them! Thank you!

Another family that loves Evergreen Pet Lodge. When our old girl Bonnie needed a place to rest her head while we vacationed, Evergreen took very good care of her. On her last visit she was about 16, needed eye drops and thyroid medication that Evergreen took care of very well. If she missed even one application of the eye drops - her eyes gummed up - so we knew that she was well taken care of.

We have a new guy now, Patches. He was going to spend time with Evergreen, but his pals Elmo and Riley asked if he could stay with them for a couple of weeks - who am I to stand in the way of friendship????

Really you can't go wrong with Evergreen. They have a website so you can see their rooms, etc.

I wanted to add - Evergreen was recommended to me by Disney.

Janis

Just an FYI. Some of the "non" Disney rentals on HHI will let you bring a dog to your villa. My little one and I are going for a week this fall.

Just an FYI. Some of the "non" Disney rentals on HHI will let you bring a dog to your villa. My little one and I are going for a week this fall.

We will keep that in mind. For this "first all-family" experience, being all together is important to me, plus we would feel an obligation to pay for the other accommodations. This way, they are assuming that expense, as the rest of us are with our own dogs.

We've used Evergreen Pet Lodge several times. We've been happy with them. If you are going to be arriving late, or Sat PM or Sunday, tell them, so they can arrange to have someone check you in. I think they also give a DVC discount, if you ask.

On two visits, we took our dogs out for an hour or so each day for trips to nearby parks or the beach. Evergreen was very accommodating with this.

There are beaches on HH that allow dogs, but not in the Summer. As I recall, in April and September, dogs are allowed on leash, in October through March they must be either in voice control or on leash, and in May through August are not allowed. There are also several nice parks where we walked our dogs.

There are beaches on HH that allow dogs, but not in the Summer. As I recall, in April and September, dogs are allowed on leash, in October through March they must be either in voice control or on leash, and in May through August are not allowed. There are also several nice parks where we walked our dogs.

Ok, this is a summer trip. Murphy and Irving will have to get their beach time at the bay in Cape May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter