Any discounts on Hyatt MCO?

mrsgthatsme

Mouseketeer
We are planning on staying at the Hyatt Regency at the airport the night before our cruise. Right now the rate is $266/nt. Are there any discounts available for this hotel? I read a thread where people posted the most they've paid there and many were far less than that. Five years ago we used a Certificate of Stay for a discount, but those don't seem to be available anymore... Thanks!

For our cruise in early March of this year, we booked through DCL at $200 including taxes for the Friday night before we sailed. Booking direct with the Hyatt, the best rate I had found was $229+tax. Rates vary with time of year and demand. I know they wnt up for the following week after we were there as spring break travel picked up.

I booked directly with Hyatt for Jun 2018 at $234 for the night, including taxes. This was for a room with 2 queen beds.

I am always impressed when people find these rates. Started looking 6 months ago for one night before our October cruise and the rate has never been below $350.

We are planning on staying at the Hyatt Regency at the airport the night before our cruise. Right now the rate is $266/nt. Are there any discounts available for this hotel? I read a thread where people posted the most they've paid there and many were far less than that. Five years ago we used a Certificate of Stay for a discount, but those don't seem to be available anymore... Thanks!
I booked via DCL for $225 per night for mid-December 2016.

Last edited:
Stupid question here...

How do you book through DCL? And can they book a WDW Resort room?

Also, do you pay at booking or as part of your cruise payment?

Thanks!

Stupid question here...

Thanks!
You call DCL and say you want to book a pre and/or post cruise night(s) at a hotel. In Orlando, you can book Hyatt MCO or a Disney resort. You pay it off along with your cruise payment, so if you book it after PIF, you must pay right away, but otherwise no immediate payment is required, as the price is just added to your cruise fare. In Vancouver, you can book the Fairmont at the airport or the Fairmont at the cruise port.

You call DCL and say you want to book a pre and/or post cruise night(s) at a hotel. In Orlando, you can book Hyatt MCO or a Disney resort. You pay it off along with your cruise payment, so if you book it after PIF, you must pay right away, but otherwise no immediate payment is required, as the price is just added to your cruise fare. In Vancouver, you can book the Fairmont at the airport or the Fairmont at the cruise port.

Awesome! Thank you!!

Last March, we booked the Hyatt for $216 before the trip and for $179 after. But those rates were much higher through the year. That $216 started at $361 almost a year prior and the $179 was $295 when I started looking. In fact, the night before our $179 stay, it had been $199. It came down that night and I happened to catch it and get my reservation changed to reflect the new price.

Watch the prices every day. Make your reservation when it's a price you're happy with, then keep checking. If it goes lower, just call them and they'll adjust the rate on your reservation.

Also, if you can stay 2 nights, the price per night is often a better deal, depending on which days you stay. When are you going?

Thanks to all for the replies. We are staying at the very end of April. Those who booked through DCL... if rates drop are you able to have the price adjusted? How about after the PIF date? Those who watched prices over a period of time.... Do you have any idea what point is the optimal window to book? As far out as possible, just a few months in advance, or is it completely unpredictable? Thank you!

Stupid question here...

Thanks!

As I was reading the first couple of posts I wondered very same thing!
Thanks for asking :)
Next time we take a Disney cruise we want to stay at the Hyatt too.

Thanks to all for the replies. We are staying at the very end of April. Those who booked through DCL... if rates drop are you able to have the price adjusted? How about after the PIF date? Those who watched prices over a period of time.... Do you have any idea what point is the optimal window to book? As far out as possible, just a few months in advance, or is it completely unpredictable? Thank you!
The price when booked via DCL stays constant, for better or worse. You can always drop the ressie without penalty before your PIF date, though.

I have never dropped a ressie after PIF, so I can't answer that.

Last edited:
As I was reading the first couple of posts I wondered very same thing!
Thanks for asking :)
Next time we take a Disney cruise we want to stay at the Hyatt too.

I don't necessarily want the Hyatt, but a WDW property. I may give them a call later today and see what rate they give me.

I don't necessarily want the Hyatt, but a WDW property. I may give them a call later today and see what rate they give me.

Totally, we want a WDW resort if our flight will be earlier in the day and MCO Hyatt if not.
Let us know if they give you a better rate!

We stayed there in June, and the rate was $259 for the three of us, if I remember correctly. I'm now looking for the end of January, and it's over $400! I keep looking.... hopefully it drops.

Try Undercover tourist sometimes have good rates. Orbitz and cheaptickets when they offer the 15% off promo codes. LMT Club is another one. I paid 169.00 plus tax in May. That was on a Sunday night. You may not find a good rate on Friday or Saturday night.

I booked independently through the Hyatt website. (make sure you're using the airport location, as there is another Hyatt property that's just off the airport, and cheaper). I booked when I found a price that I was willing to pay. I used the AAA code and did NOT book a prepaid rate. Then, every day, I checked. Every day. For 10 months. Up until the night before we stayed. I found the price changed twice to better rates and I called and had them update my reservation. Other than that minute to check every day (I never even closed the tab from my browser, but you can just bookmark it, too), it was really no hassle. Of course, you have to be willing to pay the price if it never goes down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter