Any discount tickets to Dollywood, Dixie stampede or Black Bear Jamboree?

princessmomma

DIS Veteran
Do these tickets ever go on sale or have discounts?

I know Comedy Barn kids get in free with a paying adult.

In Orlando we did Medieval Times and they were having kid free with paying adult night. We only found out about it because the reservation agent asked we if heard about the special on the radio??? Ah, of course we did! :confused3 What ever the special is, we will take it.

Do these places in Pigeon Forge do such a thing?

What about AAA discounts?

Any help is appreciated.

When we went to Dollywood (which is great btw), we bought tickets after 3pm one day....and were able to use them the next day too. I think they still do this. The best part of this is that a lot of people leave the park in the evening to go to dinner shows, so it get really easy to do rides multiple times that first night. Then the next morning, just show up again. Not a discount per se, but a really good deal.

AAA of the Carolinas offered discounted tickets (advance purchase) for Dollywood last year. I would give them a call. :)

At one time, there was a combo ticket on the Dollywood website where you got DW, Dixie Stampede and Splash Country tickets at a deal. You'll ahve to look and see if it's still there.

They do sell DW tickets in the AAA Carolinas offices. Don't know if you get a discount at the gate w/ your card or not.

Depending on where you are staying, hotels offer discounted tickets too. Other than hotels, AAA, and Dollywood's after 3 deal (which I can't find on their site, so it may not still be an option), I think that's it. Locals don't even get any great deals. Usually there's one week with free admission for locals all year, and that's it for us. No reduced rates or anything, unless you're employed by someplace that sells Dollywood tickets. I don't remember ever hearing about discounts for Dixie Stampede, and I don't know anything about Black Bear Jamboree.

There is a grocery store chain in PG/Gatlinburg that sold Dollywood tickets at a slight discount. I think it was Food City of something like that!

Will you be visiting Dollywood more than 1 Day? If so, I suggest buying an annual pass. An annual pass is cheaper than 2 Days Admission. I would also suggest that one member of your family (an adult) buy the Gold Annual Pass in order to get discounts on food and merchandise. The Gold Pass also gets you free parking (parking is outrageous at Dollywood IMO) and a nice $3 per person discount at Dixie Stampede (Love Dixie BTW).

If you would have asked earlier, I could have also gotten you an additional $10 off your tickets - but too late now.

Have a great trip! :sunny:

I have seen Coke deals in the past for Dollywood where if you bring in so many cans or something you get a reduction. (Not sure how you would find out, but if you are in the area buying Coke I guess you could look for something on the boxes)

CarolA said:
I have seen Coke deals in the past for Dollywood where if you bring in so many cans or something you get a reduction. (Not sure how you would find out, but if you are in the area buying Coke I guess you could look for something on the boxes)

It's a coupon type deal printed right on the cans. They're only available certain times of the year.

The Entertainment Book offers $10 off per adult in Orlando & Branson MO.

Oops! I just realized that this was for the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. Sorry. :blush:

OT- If you do Dixie Stampede and they offer you front row, beware! We had the saw dust on the floor blow into our food when the horses ran by. :sick:

I know last year, Black Bear Jamboree offered the "kids free" deal on their website!! You might want to check the site out!

The link below has printable coupons. You can check to see if there are any you can use.

http://www.smokymountainsbestreadguide.com/index.html

Someone else mentioned buying annual passes. The regular pass costs less than 2 days admission. Through March 20, you can buy them for the preseason price and they are good through December 30.

An adult's regular annual pass is $65 (one day admission price is $45.70)

A child's regular pass is $52 - ages 4-11 (one day admission $34.55).

The Gold Pass is $92.

Those prices include tax. As already posted, the Gold Pass allows you to park for free (last year parking was $7, I think). You also get 20% off purchases in the park as well as 20% off food. We always get one Gold Pass (the rest regular passes) so we can get these benefits.

Other benefits for passholders are listed here -
http://www.dollywood.com/ticket-prices/season_passes.aspx

Coke does run a promotion sometime during the summer where you can get $5.00 off admission by presenting the specially marked can (you only need one can per person) when buying your ticket.

Dollywood still had the "Come after 3:00, the next day's free" option last year. I haven't seen any info about that one way or the other so far this year but it has always been a popular choice for some people.

Thank you for your replies. The gold pass looks good, but we are only there for a few days over Easter and the park is closed on Easter Sunday and the Tuesday. So Monday will be the only day we could go.

I will check out the links. Thank you.

princessmomma said:
Thank you for your replies. The gold pass looks good, but we are only there for a few days over Easter and the park is closed on Easter Sunday and the Tuesday. So Monday will be the only day we could go.

I will check out the links. Thank you.

Is there any chance that you will be going back this year? The Fall and Christmas decorations are beautiful. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter