Any discount on cruises for DVC members?

wickesy

<font color=royalblue>Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love y
Dad and I have more or less decided to do the 12 night European capitals cruise in 2010 and I was just wondering if DVC members get any discount on Disney cruises when paying cash like we do on WDW room rates?

As far as I am aware the answer is no.

Most DVC members tend to pay cash as the points rate is quite high and I have never heard of anyone getting a discount.

we used our DVC points for our cruise last year and it felt good not to part with cash. I guess it would be a lot of points for a 12 night cruise. Would love to do the european cruise so much as better value for people from the UK than USA as no air flights.

susan

As far as I am aware the answer is no.

Most DVC members tend to pay cash as the points rate is quite high and I have never heard of anyone getting a discount.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

David

Can't wait to read the trip report!!! You know how much I love your report and photos. Your reports are so good that it always feel I am with you on your holidays (and so much cheaper than actually going!)

Susan

You'll make me blush Susan. :hug:

I wanted to pick your brains actually as somebody who has done a Disney cruise - I have seen that when you make a booking you can choose your own cabin from whatever is available. Dad and I will be looking at the Deluxe Staterooms with Verandah so is there any deck that is preferable to the others, is the middle of the ship better or more towards the front or back?

I'm having enough trouble waiting for our two trips next year, Lord knows how I'm going to cope with waiting for this one if we do book it. :rotfl:

Actually, David, one way that you could do it (if you had enough points) is to use points to pay for one of you and pay for the other in cash. I do believe that, if you do it that way, the cash price is then (slightly) discounted.

As far as the best cabin, that is probably a question that is worth asking over on the DCL board.

You'll make me blush Susan. :hug:

I wanted to pick your brains actually as somebody who has done a Disney cruise - I have seen that when you make a booking you can choose your own cabin from whatever is available. Dad and I will be looking at the Deluxe Staterooms with Verandah so is there any deck that is preferable to the others, is the middle of the ship better or more towards the front or back?

I'm having enough trouble waiting for our two trips next year, Lord knows how I'm going to cope with waiting for this one if we do book it. :rotfl:

Deck 5 or 6 near to the middle is best from what I understand :)

Claire ;)

Actually, David, one way that you could do it (if you had enough points) is to use points to pay for one of you and pay for the other in cash. I do believe that, if you do it that way, the cash price is then (slightly) discounted.

As far as the best cabin, that is probably a question that is worth asking over on the DCL board.

Thanks Joh. I had thought about using points but I want to try and save as many as I can for 2011 for WDW's 40th birthday (and mine in June that year :eek: ).

Deck 5 or 6 near to the middle is best from what I understand :)

Claire ;)

Thanks Claire. :goodvibes

When we used our DVC points we went for the best we could get with our points which was a family room with a verandah. Which was excellent. We were in the middle of the ship and never felt it move so did not feel sea sick at all. The verandah was such a bonus and well worth the extra points.

Unfortunately although we have 520 DVC points a year DH is fed up with Disney and feel we ought to get some use out of our place in Spain I therefore have to live my trips through everyone else's so I will be looking forward to all your trip reports.

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!