Any deals on resorts or do people actually pay full price?

So question for the people who NEVER pay rack rate- what's your secret? Anytime a discount has come out, I've called day of and I'm told my category or hotel is already sold out. Even when I get a pin - I call, same thing. Are you switching hotels or something?
I use a TA, so she's had better luck I guess. They are on the phones the moment they're open. I've never had to switch resorts, I have a good idea of which resorts are usually excluded from discounts. Sometimes I've had to change room categories. Standard view in your resort may be excluded from discount so switched to garden view. Things like that.

So I guess the big secret is get on the phone the moment phone lines open the day discounts are released. Be flexible on room category. I've not tried using online booking but going online may be another option. As I say, my TA does the work for me.
From time to time you may later on find a discounted room that has opened up. I have booked myself before deciding it was easier to use a TA. I had wanted a room at WL with the discount code that had been released. But at first only room I could get was a courtyard or woods view bunk bed. I didn't want a bunk bed room so every week I phoned to ask. After a few weeks a CM on phone found me a non bunk room with the discount!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter