Any dates for Test Track?

Frontier Girl

Basically Magical
My son is extremely displeased to hear that Test Track is still down. We'll be at WDW in two weeks and I was wondering if anyone knew what stage the refurb process had reached. Would a soft opening be too much to hope for, I wonder?

December.

Here's what Disney's website says:

Pardon our dust. This attraction is temporarily closed for refurbishment and scheduled to reopen in fall 2012.

We're gearing up for an exciting re-imagined Test Track. When complete, you can design your own custom concept vehicle, then buckle up and put your design through its paces on the exhilarating hills and switchbacks of the Test Track circuit.

You won't want to miss this interactive thrill ride when it reopens in fall 2012.

Here's what the disboards planning section says:
•Test Track- 4/16/2012- 11/30/2012

I suppose December IS "late fall" in Florida...

The first day of winter is December 21st, so "yeah".

The current WDW calendar shows TT being closed through Nov 30th. Some people have said it will be even later but it seems to be based purely on the fact that TT had problems and a delayed opening when it was changed from World of Motion over a decade ago.

I am just hoping that Test Track is open when we go for New Year's I am not expecting it to be open when we go in mid november though.

I keep hearing November 21st from another message board which has the best sources

The first day of winter is December 21st, so "yeah".

The current WDW calendar shows TT being closed through Nov 30th. Some people have said it will be even later but it seems to be based purely on the fact that TT had problems and a delayed opening when it was changed from World of Motion over a decade ago.

Based on how many breakdowns Radiator Springs Racers has daily I'm sure Disney will have to work the bugs out of the new system for TT. I won't be surprised if we see a mid to late December opening

Based on how many breakdowns Radiator Springs Racers has daily I'm sure Disney will have to work the bugs out of the new system for TT. I won't be surprised if we see a mid to late December opening

Possibly, but closing for breakdowns on TT was SOP before it closed for the refurb, so I'm not entirely convinced THAT would cause a delay in reopening.

Keeping fingers crossed that it will be open when dd and I arrive on the 19th of December!! :goodvibes

If you check the closing schedule on the wdw website, it says until Nov. 30th.

But based on the bugs the ride has had in the past, many estimate it will be later. It is possible they will open it earlier for previews.

My son is extremely displeased to hear that Test Track is still down. We'll be at WDW in two weeks and I was wondering if anyone knew what stage the refurb process had reached. Would a soft opening be too much to hope for, I wonder?

When we went past on the monorail this week the entire front was ripped out still, down to dirt. Sorry, but given what I saw there is no way it will be open when you arrive.

I was so optimistic this summer they would move things along and have it open for Epcot's 30th. I know now that all the pixie dust in all of wdw won't make that happen. We will be there in the end of October and i am sure we won't see it, no worries, i am always looking for a reason to return!

I don't want to be a negative Nellie but I sure hope it's better after the refurb than it was before. I never thought that ride was worth the wait even for fast pass. : (

As a previous poster said Front entrance is totally ripped apart. I would be shocked it it finished before mid-December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter