any crafty ideas w/candy canes?

rsjj

DIS Veteran
am looking for some simple crafts to do w/candy canes. does anyone know of any? would really appreciate it. thank you in advance!! :flower:

make them into reindeer with brown pipe cleaners and a red pom pom nose black pom poms for eyes..

make an an angel with gold or yellow pipe cleaners for wings and halo and maybe some white felt for a gown..

just add a bow or something simple...

:teeth:

thanx, pfishgirl! i did the reindeer one! they came out cute. i've added a little bell to give it a bit of a "jingle".

any other ideas? would love to hear them all!! :flower:

Turn three hook side down, tie them with a ribbon on the straight part. Use the crook part as a place card holder. They should look like three J's tied together. I hope this makes sense.

Becky

hang them on garland around a doorway. You could also get a styrofoam cone and glue them on it to make a christmas tree centerpiece, or you could line them all up around a round vase/candle holder and tie a big red bow around them, then put flowers or a candle in the vase. They also make great gingerbread house roofs!

The wide ribbon with the slits already in it can be "woven" onto the cane, a bit of hot glue on the ends, a narrow ribbon and bell at the crook makes a pretty ornament. We actually did these a number of years ago with my GS troop using the plastic canes and every year they hang on the tree.

Deb

make a candy wreath, but you would need a lot of them

If you are looking for a little something to give to people try snowman soup. You put a packet of hot chocolate, 5 Hershey kisses, 10 marshmallows and a candy cane into a plastic bag. There is a poem that goes with it but I can't find it right now. Maybe you can google snowman soup and find it. It makes the most wonderful hot chocolate you will ever taste. I gave these out last year and everyone loved them.

I have the snowman soup poem- here it is--

Was told you’ve been real good this year.
Always glad to hear it!!
With freezing weather drawing near,
You’ll need to warm the spirit.

So here’s a little Snowman Soup
Complete with stirring stick.
Add hot water, sip it slow.
It’s sure to do the trick!

Hot glue two candy canes together, with the bottom ends together in a V shape, and the tops facing inward, to form a heart. Add a bow and a sprig of holly at the top. Can add more ribbon to hang from tree or use as is.
One year I gave these (minus the holly) at a Valentine class party. Kids thought they were great.

I made them into Valentine cards last year, using the canes in a heart shape on the front of the card. They turned out cute!

you could make a candy cane sled. Wrap a chocolate bar in wrapping paper, glue two candy canes underneath so that they look like the runners of a sled. Loop a piece of ribbon from underneath the front of the sled for a rope to pull the sled. Glue chocolate presents and a chocolate santa/snowman on the sled.

You could also make a candy cane mouse. cut out a large tear drop shape and a dumbell shape (i don't know of a better way to describe it) out of felt. I'm sure that you could find a pattern online. Make 2 slits in the front center of the mouse body (narrow end of tear drop) were you want the ears (dumbell shaped thing) to go. Slide the ears in one slit and out the other. Glue on two googly eyes, and a pompom nose. Make a slit at the very end center of the body. Slide the candy cane through that slit and the loop formed by the ears (underneath the body). The hook of the candy cane should be the tail.

Candy canes also make great present toppers!

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I have been looking for a little something to put at everyone's place setting on Christmas eve...I think I will make up one of these for everyone...

One question though...

Do they sell those little bottles of Peppermint Schnapps....and will that be good in this? I was thinking of doing that for the adults!

chessie said:
If you are looking for a little something to give to people try snowman soup. You put a packet of hot chocolate, 5 Hershey kisses, 10 marshmallows and a candy cane into a plastic bag. There is a poem that goes with it but I can't find it right now. Maybe you can google snowman soup and find it. It makes the most wonderful hot chocolate you will ever taste. I gave these out last year and everyone loved them.

Thanks for this idea! I bought everyone in my office a $1 ornament at a craft fair and will add the Snowman Soup as well.

How will this taste with CINNAMON candy canes? The box I bought because I liked the striping are not peppermint....I should know by now to read those labels, that each color or stripe is a different flavor. I really wanted peppermint but will use the cinnamon if others are in agreement that cocoa and cinnamon go together.

I found another poem, for anyone else who plans to make it.
When it’s so cold that you holler and whoop,
it is time to bring out the snowman soup!

Pour the packet in a mug. Add the snowballs too.
Throw in the kisses from the snowman to you.

Now add some hot water, use the cane to stir it.

Sip slowly and soon you’ll feel the warm winter spirit!

Thank you for the snowman soup! I just made 20 packages for all the teachers at my school. Very cute, easy and inexpensive. Thanks again,
Merry Christmas!

:teacher:

sk8bug72 said:
you could make a candy cane sled. Wrap a chocolate bar in wrapping paper, glue two candy canes underneath so that they look like the runners of a sled. Loop a piece of ribbon from underneath the front of the sled for a rope to pull the sled. Glue chocolate presents and a chocolate santa/snowman on the sled.

I made these candy cane sleds with the grandkids, this weekend, and we had a ball!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Pat

354 days and counting . . . again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter