ANy Coupons for Hershey Park?

happily single

Left foot first!
I am thinking about going to Hershey Park this summer with the kids (11, 9 and 3). Are there any coupons or specials? How long do you think we'll need? I don't do many rides and neither do ds9 and ds3. DD11 on the other hand is a daredevil. I was thinking of staying 2 nights (ariving on Saturday afternoon and coming home on Monday night). Do you think that will be long enough to do Hershey World, the tour and the zoo?

I've read the prior post about hotels, and am still open to options.

Thanks

PS For those who have been to both North Conway, NH and Hershey, which do you think is a better value? I was planning on going to NH for the same time, but we've been 2x a year for several years now and I think the kids are done with Storyland for now.

You can find discount coupons at fast food places like Burger King. If you belong to a credit union, they have discount coupons as well. Giant food stores in Hershey offer discount tickets.

For all Hershey info, pictures and menus check out my fan site, www.hersheyinfo.com

I think 3 days will be enough for your family if you all are not that into rides. Don't forget Hershey now has a huge Boardwalk section with a water park so you could spend a whole day just doing that. It is really a great addition to the park. You can see pictures on my site. Chocolate World is open late so you could do it on an evening after spending the day at the park. You can walk from the park to Chocolate World. You admission includes admission to the zoo with an entrance from the park. You could easily spend a few hours there, but we have never spent a whole day just at the zoo. Chocolate World, besides shopping, and eating they have the free chocolate tour, 3D show, Trolley Tour, Factory Works. It's lots of fun and you have to try some of the desserts there!

After going to NH and visiting StoryLand many times, last August we made the trip to Hershey. I think it would make a nice change, especially for the two older kids. I think 3 days is enough.

My 10 year old was quite the daredevil and rode every big roller coaster in the park, and there are many. They other boys (8 and 6) found plenty to do, they loved the raft ride, flume ride, Reese's Challenge, and sky ride (my nightmare, but I digress). The amusement park kind of reminded me of a larger Canobie Lake Park.

The new water park was cool but it was WAY too packed, of course it was brand new then I think. There were just kids running everywhere and I wasn't willing to let mine run off where I couldn't see them. We went by there several times but it was always like that, so we more or less stayed away.

We LOVED Chocolate World and did the tour a few times. The 3D movie was worth seeing too. Chocolate World is a nice air conditioned break from the park - and as another poster said, amazing desserts!

The zoo is also worth walking through, it takes a few hours at most. Definitely not a full day activity.

We got coupons at a local store when we got to the Hershey area but ended up not using them because we got the multi-day tickets if I'm remembering correctly.

Have fun, let me know if you have any other questions.

After going to NH and visiting StoryLand many times, last August we made the trip to Hershey. I think it would make a nice change, especially for the two older kids. I think 3 days is enough.

My 10 year old was quite the daredevil and rode every big roller coaster in the park, and there are many. They other boys (8 and 6) found plenty to do, they loved the raft ride, flume ride, Reese's Challenge, and sky ride (my nightmare, but I digress). The amusement park kind of reminded me of a larger Canobie Lake Park.

The new water park was cool but it was WAY too packed, of course it was brand new then I think. There were just kids running everywhere and I wasn't willing to let mine run off where I couldn't see them. We went by there several times but it was always like that, so we more or less stayed away.

We LOVED Chocolate World and did the tour a few times. The 3D movie was worth seeing too. Chocolate World is a nice air conditioned break from the park - and as another poster said, amazing desserts!

The zoo is also worth walking through, it takes a few hours at most. Definitely not a full day activity.

We got coupons at a local store when we got to the Hershey area but ended up not using them because we got the multi-day tickets if I'm remembering correctly.

Have fun, let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for your opinion. I'm still undecided, but leaning towards Hershey Park!

We spent two days at Hershy Park two weeks ago. We got our discount coupons from Wendy's and I think they were $8 off of weekdays and $ 4 off on weekends. There is a Wendy's right outside the park. We took advantage of the preview night. Basically you can get into the park 4 hours before closing the day before you are buying a ticket for. I would highly recommend this. We did all the big rides that night and lines were short. The next morning we hit the broadwalk part at opening and it was totally empty with no lines. Past experience tells me that Hershey Park generally gets very crowded by about noon to 1 p.m. (the broadwalk area was a zoo by about that time) - before that, things are pretty quiet. That was exactly how our day playe out. So in the afternoon we just did things that things other than headlines that didn't have too bad of lines. This was definitely the way to do Hershey Park. We did all the big things (most several times) without much of lines at all. I don't think you would need more time than this. The park tickets are separate from anything at Chocolate World so you could do that separately. We stayed at at the Hampton Inn that is right down from the real Hershey Chocolate Factory. It was very convenient and nice. Have fun what ever you decide!

Last year I found tickets on Craigslist harrisburg for 14 bucks each :-), but it was the end of the year. However, I looked about 2 weeks ago and found some for 25 - 30 bucks. I live in northeat PA and know lots of people do fundraising selling tickets for $25 before the season starts.
JIll

I live in Hershey.if you go to the giant grocery store in Hershey , They sell the tickets at the courtesy desk( usually about 11$ off) plus you get a free parking pass which is worth about $10.

to pp- can you buy child tickets at the courtesy desk at Giant as well as adult tickets? the free parking pass seems totally worth it and i would love to be able to go in for a few hours the night ebfore without an extra charge...

lara

Burger King has coupons, plus you can purchase tickets at Martins food stores and received free parking.

We went last year, and the tickets through Giant seemed to be the best deal for adults. The kids tickets were slightly cheaper on the Hersheypark Web site than at Giant, but you needed one of those Internet coupon codes to get the lower price.

to pp- can you buy child tickets at the courtesy desk at Giant as well as adult tickets? the free parking pass seems totally worth it and i would love to be able to go in for a few hours the night ebfore without an extra charge...

lara

you can get both

Not sure how to link other threads, so I am just copying and pasting the info (my apoligies to the OP of the below information)

Hersheypark Code- Save $10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pepsi has a code that you can use online: 5766 - HersheyPA.com

It is for $10 off the regular admission price (ages 9-54) Sunday - Friday. Valid through 9/27/08.

You can also present the can at the park for $10 off. I'm not sure how far away these cans have been distributed. I only live about 45 minutes from Hershey.

We went last year, and the tickets through Giant seemed to be the best deal for adults. The kids tickets were slightly cheaper on the Hersheypark Web site than at Giant, but you needed one of those Internet coupon codes to get the lower price.

where is there a giant store near hershey? I am coming from RI and going to NJ first. thanks for the help. Also could i buy just one ticket and get the free parking?

The best bet for getting tickets to Hershey is to go to a AAA office if you have a membership. We got tickets at AAA for $11.95 less per person - so for 4 of us we saved almost $44! We were staying in Boiling Springs, PA and were able to go to the AAA office in Carlisle to pick them up. There is also a AAA office in Hershey. We did have to pay $10 for parking.

The closest Giant Food Store to Hersheypark is the one located on Route 39 on your way toward Hersheypark Drive. If you are coming into PA on I-78 from Allentown, you would merge onto I-81 and exit at the Manada Hill (route 39) exit to get to Giant.

For anyone interested, like me. I called Martins tonight and the free parking was only a june promotion! That stinks. Anyone know of anyother discounts?

We were just there last Saturday and Sunday. If you aren't into rides, two days is plenty. The Boardwalk water attractions were an absolute total ZOO. The rest of the park was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter