Any confirmed success snagging a last minute BOG adr?

KJay

DIS Veteran
I've read the reports that they're booked solid through April/May. I'm trying to get one for the first weekend in March. I'm more than willing to do the check online constantly routine- but I'd love to hear of at least one success story, to let me know there may be a shot! :rotfl:Any successes out there?

KJay said:
I've read the reports that they're booked solid through April/May. I'm trying to get one for the first weekend in March. I'm more than willing to do the check online constantly routine- but I'd love to hear of at least one success story, to let me know there may be a shot! :rotfl:Any successes out there?

I killed myself getting our reservation for 12/1 and had my party of 6 all pumped about going. We had reservations for 5:00 and arrived 15 minutes early and were impressed with the long line waiting, hoping someone wouldn't show and they could get in. It was pretty cool walking up and being seated within a few minutes. We were seated in the ballroom and it was very pretty; but that was about the most positive part of our experience. The waitress was not very knowledgeable about the menu, she hardly knew anything about the wine, she was nice but more like a waitress at IHOP. I was expecting a "magical" experience and it just didn't happen. After we started eating several people in my party were trying to hold back the giggles because they knew how hard it was to get reservations. Our 6 y/o DGD could have cared less about the decor, she just wanted to see Belle with the Beast, and was disappointed that he just rushed through the dining area twice. I wanted so much to love this place and it didn't happen. Lunch would have been easier and maybe would have had better food.

Had a reservation on 12/02 for two guests, then my daughter and family joined us on our trip making seven. I wanted to go so badly I didn't cancel and per the advice of the concierge showed up at the designated time, We were seated within 5 minutes, party of seven in the ballroom. Like the pp I wanted to love this place and sadly did not.While it is beautiful inside, the music was deafening and the food quality just okay. We also may try again at lunch, as dinner just was not worth the price tag

looking online and there's plenty of evening slots in April and May, certainly not fully booked, just the most popular early evening slots have gone.

we walked up on 12/21 and got seated immediately at 4:30, and were offered additional times for later that night. we didn't like dinner. the food was not good at all. lunch is much better and all 3 rooms are open then

Sorry to hear some of you were less than impressed! I guess I should clarify- I'm asking if anyone has had success getting an advanced dining reservation- either online or on the phone- for a closer time period, the period during which it's apparently very booked. You know, how sometimes you can luck out because of cancellations and such? I see a success w/ a walk-up, and success with adding to the number in your party- just wondering if anyone has had success recently w/ getting an adr online or via phone, for something as soon as beginning of March...

I just made an ADR for May 1st (online). Just for one though....but usually tables for 1 and two people are just the same. There were open slots (for 1) on almost every day of my vacation (april 28th-may 8th) but they were all in the 8:15-8:40 p.m. range so rather late. Guess they still have some small tables available but can't accomodate parties of 3 or more.

We booked our ADR for BOG right before the announcement was made that they would be serving alcohol. After that, I noticed that reservations were much harder to come by. I have been checking every day, multiple times per day, for a different date because we moved our vacation up. We are also going at a "slow" time of year and I have seen reservations for every other restaurant on property that are notorious for being a little less than impossible to get into. I would say keep trying up until you go since guests are required to cancel. My "Plan B" would probably be to look at crowd calendars and try to walk up for dinner on the lowest crowd level day for MK while you are there. Good luck trying to get in.:goodvibes

We booked our ADR for BOG right before the announcement was made that they would be serving alcohol. After that, I noticed that reservations were much harder to come by. I have been checking every day, multiple times per day, for a different date because we moved our vacation up. We are also going at a "slow" time of year and I have seen reservations for every other restaurant on property that are notorious for being a little less than impossible to get into. I would say keep trying up until you go since guests are required to cancel. My "Plan B" would probably be to look at crowd calendars and try to walk up for dinner on the lowest crowd level day for MK while you are there. Good luck trying to get in.:goodvibes

Sorry, but these were the hottest ticket in town even before the announcement.

8/20 was a nightmare. And the announcement had not yet been made.

I can only speak from my experience. There were a number of open slots that I was looking at for my particular dates. Once the announcement was made they seemed to disappear rather quickly and I was left with the ADR I do have and I have had no luck switching. I hope I answered the OP question...which is sorry, no luck here. :(

I'm wondering the same thing as the OP here. Is it a good use of time to check daily to see if I can get in (looking to go to Dinner on Feb 12th.) I know the reviews of dinner don't sound so great but I'm hoping they work it out by the time we go...of course it's not looking like we will get in but one can dream...

Thanks for all the info, everyone. Someone on another forum posted that they were overbooking for the first few months, so as a result, even when there are cancellations in advance, they're not opening up those slots to new reservations. No idea if this is true or not, but I suppose it's possible. I guess it wouldn't hurt to keep trying, though I'll do so knowing it's a longshot! Kate and MacII, good luck to you both!

Thanks for all the info, everyone. Someone on another forum posted that they were overbooking for the first few months, so as a result, even when there are cancellations in advance, they're not opening up those slots to new reservations. No idea if this is true or not, but I suppose it's possible. I guess it wouldn't hurt to keep trying, though I'll do so knowing it's a longshot! Kate and MacII, good luck to you both!

I actually had a working theory that they had overbooked the first few months and were not letting any cancellations hit the system. I still am very suspicious that they were not hitting the system. Just too many cases where people were sitting at the computer at the same time so one could "catch" the cancellation. I tried this twice with people wanting one I was cancelling and it didn't work either time. I did this with somene else for an Ohana ADR and it worked like a charm.

But we did have an interesting conversation with our server Mark on our Saturday 12/15 7:15 ADR at BOG. We were sitting in the West Wing and 2 tables right near us were empty and we commented to him about it. I even asked about my theory. He swears they did not overbook, but given that there were a fair number of no-shows, they were going to START overbooking. Which still seems odd, given that they did not ask for a CC hold that first day ADRs opened up, but they do now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter