Any concerns or comments on Thrifty Car Rental?

disneyfool_1202

The countdown has begun!!
We are full steam ahead in planning our Jan 2003 WDW trip and since there is going to be 7 of us (5 adults, 2 kids) we figured we'd need 2 cars. My husband is looking at various prices for full size or luxury cars (we DO have to fit the luggage in there too!) and Thrifty seems to be offering one of the best prices.

We've never used Thrifty before and just the name, plus the fact that their full size concord is almost a full $100 cheaper than some of the other rental vendors, concerns me. I probably shouldn't be so paranoid, but the last thing I want is for our entire trip to be consumed and ruined with car problems!

Has anyone used Thrifty that can share their experience? Has anyone avoided them for particular reasons?? I'm hoping you guys can shed some light on this for me!

One thing to consider with Thrifty is that they are located off the airport property and you will need to take a bus to get the car. I have not heard much about Thrifty lately.. I don't recall using them before. Maybe another poster here has had first hand experience and can give you a better idea....

Have you tried checking with Dollar Rent A Car for your dates? They are located on airport and tend to have some really good discount codes that are available. You can try using FVG, FISH or ENTERTAIN as discount codes. People have been having really good results with these.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize Thrifty was outside of the terminal (which will be difficult with 6 people in tow). I'll try Dollar and those discount codes, and I'll check with AAA to see if they have any discounts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter