Any Citricos Reviews???

LAS321

When you wish upon a star...
:wizard: We have ADRs for Citricos for August. Has anyone eaten there recently and can give us some opinions and suggestions? princess:

We ate there in June. This has been a "must" for us each trip for several years. We were a little discouraged when the hostess seated us in the back, with all of the families with children. We do have kids, but they are 14 and 17. It was pretty noisy back there. Don't get me wrong, everyone should get to enjoy the restaurant, but we would have preferred the front more. I wondered when she called our name, and we stood up and she looked us up and down and then said right this way. I glanced at my 17 year old and my husband and said, "surely we are dressed ok!" The guys all had on kacki shorts and polo shirts and I had on a sundress. I realized later that it was the kids.
Anyway, the service was not as good as we have had in the past, maybe because the back of the restaurant was packed and our server was very busy, and our food was ok, but not spectacular. We are planning our trip in April 09, and Citrico's is not on the list for that trip, which makes me sad. We did love the appetizer that we had, the sausage/risotto balls=not sure how they are listed, but they were really good. Hope you have a great trip.
I will say that we will return to the Brown Derby. My 14yr old can't stop talking about the halibut, and neither can we. YUM!

I have taken several adults only family trips to Disney... we always dine at Citrico's. My brother and his wife are both culinary school grads (they graduated from C.I.A.) and the meals we've had at Citrico's were among their favorites. My brother can be extremely demanding of restaurants... he enjoyed their food as well as their service and wine selection (he's a sommelier as well). I've always figured, if it passes his higher standards, it must be pretty good.

We (my fiance, his parents, my mom, and myself) ate at Citricos in May. It was delightful! We had the tuna carpaccio and the arancini as appetizers. I don't remember what everyone had as entrees: I had the short ribs and they were wonderful. Dessert was excellent as well: we split tiramisu and somethinge else.

The only downside was that it was very loud; I don't think it was overpacked or crowded but the acoustics were not favorable.

Overall, I would definitely go again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter