Any changes to Splash Mountain?

coolingjupiter

Mouseketeer
I know that Splash Mountain was supposed to reopen yesterday after a long refurbishment (and right before another one). I don’t live close and was wondering if anyone had been on it and noticed if there were any changes to the ride or was it just repainting and general maintenance? It’s tied with “Space Mountain” as my favorite ride and I’m a little nervous that they changed things around! Thanks in advance!

I was there for the first day of reopen, but it was delayed that day. So many people were waiting... it was like 2-3 hour line.

I doubt they made changes tho

I don't believe there were any changes.
A few things were not working, like his shadow running away, water shooting from side to side near the turtles on their backs and SFU was not heard.
Water level was high so we did get splashed a lot but not soaked.

I went on it six times in a row during MVMCP thanks to my kids so I had time to look around. Yes, I noticed several new additions and the sounds improved with the features “talking” but nothing that was out of place. Everything fit nicely with the theme.

It felt darker in places and agreed on the water level being high...but other than that nothing major!

Lots of fresh paint, vastly improved sound. A couple areas had different lighting, darker lighting much like the Disneyland version or the lighting changes in Little Mermade, after its first refurb. The Turtle room looked completly refurbed and alot darker to me. And I did here Go FSU, so the previous person maybe just missed it. Wasnt there more than just Rabbit on a stick in the scene before the drop before?

Lots of fresh paint, vastly improved sound. A couple areas had different lighting, darker lighting much like the Disneyland version or the lighting changes in Little Mermade, after its first refurb. The Turtle room looked completly refurbed and alot darker to me. And I did here Go FSU, so the previous person maybe just missed it. Wasnt there more than just Rabbit on a stick in the scene before the drop before?
What is go fsu?

The last time we went before this trip was 2 years ago. On Friday, my DH and DS went twice - he said that a lot of stuff wasn't working and that all of the crows had been removed since our last trip. I didn't get a chance to ride, so I can't verify the accuracy of any statements, that's just what he told me.

Noooo.... I hated the darkness of the DL version!!

Just a note to water levels, this is something they control. Has nothing to do with refurb.
Typically, cooler days they lower them, hotter days they raise them.
Not sure of the temps there now. It may be they have it high with it just being reopened as part of the testing
They can lower them later too

I don't believe there were any changes.
A few things were not working, like his shadow running away, water shooting from side to side near the turtles on their backs and SFU was not heard.
Water level was high so we did get splashed a lot but not soaked.

It felt darker in places and agreed on the water level being high...but other than that nothing major!

I think they should add a camera shot right at the bottom of the drop just as the boat starts to slow down again.

Just a note to water levels, this is something they control. Has nothing to do with refurb.
Typically, cooler days they lower them, hotter days they raise them.
Not sure of the temps there now. It may be they have it high with it just being reopened as part of the testing
They can lower them later too

And always keep your mouth closed when you hit the bottom splash on the big drop! LOL If you ever take the keys to the kingdom tour you will see the water containment pool. Everything from park maps to flip flops were floating in that water! We always yell...KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED!!! The water is treated...but it just looked gross.

And always keep your mouth closed when you hit the bottom splash on the big drop! LOL If you ever take the keys to the kingdom tour you will see the water containment pool. Everything from park maps to flip flops were floating in that water! We always yell...KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED!!! The water is treated...but it just looked gross.
Ew that's gross lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter