Any chance of getting a BLT Grand Villa on a cash rate? UPDATE: Booked using points!

Lizzim

Mouseketeer
So we are doing a family trip next year where we are doing one week at Port Orleans FQ then a week offsite before flying home.

We have 100 points at BLT and have been considering booking our last night in a Grand Villa (I can get the additional points through borrowing) but obviously it would use a whole years worth of points.

Is there likely to be cash availability at all? Our trip is early October so I know it can be popular but I’ve never tried to get a GV before......

I have been told that GV's are not released for cash rates. Maybe 60 days prior to check in?

:earsboy: Bill

Do you really want to use all those points or pay that much for 19 hours max? If you get in by 4 PM and have to be out by 11 AM the next day, it's a total of 19 hours, a bunch of which you will all be sleeping (and packing & unpacking).

Wouldn't be worth it to me, but YMMV.

Almost zero.

That’s what I was expecting :(

I have been told that GV's are not released for cash rates. Maybe 60 days prior to check in?

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks that’s useful :)

Do you really want to use all those points or pay that much for 19 hours max? If you get in by 4 PM and have to be out by 11 AM the next day, it's a total of 19 hours, a bunch of which you will all be sleeping (and packing & unpacking).

Wouldn't be worth it to me, but YMMV.

Yeah, this is a once in a lifetime type trip. We are coming from the UK with 3 generations, we have a 60th birthday and a family member who had heart surgery this year.

It is almost certain to be the last trip we all take together and might be the last trip to Disney for my mother in law so it would be a nice way to end it. It feels slightly wasteful but I don’t see a cost effective way to do it otherwise....Her favourite park is the magic kingdom so she could watch the fireworks etc from the balcony and walk into the park in the morning for a last visit before we fly home that evening.

There would be no unpacking etc - we would pack our things from our offsite stay and just have hand luggage with our overnight stuff.

That’s what I was expecting :(

Thanks that’s useful :)

Yeah, this is a once in a lifetime type trip. We are coming from the UK with 3 generations, we have a 60th birthday and a family member who had heart surgery this year.

It is almost certain to be the last trip we all take together and might be the last trip to Disney for my mother in law so it would be a nice way to end it. It feels slightly wasteful but I don’t see a cost effective way to do it otherwise....Her favourite park is the magic kingdom so she could watch the fireworks etc from the balcony and walk into the park in the morning for a last visit before we fly home that evening.

There would be no unpacking etc - we would pack our things from our offsite stay and just have hand luggage with our overnight stuff.
That sounds lovely. Maybe rent some transfer points?

I'd just borrow the points and then if necessary book with cash some other trip.

you might want to try to book the new Copper Creek Cabins as they are really awesome and they may have cash rates available

you might want to try to book the new Copper Creek Cabins as they are really awesome and they may have cash rates available

3 generations in a 2BR Cabin doesn't sound all that fun. I do think the Cabins look very nice but 2 bedrooms is still a bummer.

instead of paying cash -- I would just try and transferring some points into your account and booking. no idea if they are still available at 7 months out -- but if so, SSR points can easily be transferred at $15 per point...which would certainly be cheaper than paying cash even if that was available via Disney.

I do love the look of the cabins but walking distance to the Magic Kingdom would be part of the surprise for our group - so it needs to be BLT :)

3 generations in a 2BR Cabin doesn't sound all that fun. I do think the Cabins look very nice but 2 bedrooms is still a bummer.

Agreed - we need 3 bedrooms, even for 1 night!

instead of paying cash -- I would just try and transferring some points into your account and booking. no idea if they are still available at 7 months out -- but if so, SSR points can easily be transferred at $15 per point...which would certainly be cheaper than paying cash even if that was available via Disney.

I think I’ve decided to use our points. If we need another stay for just the 2 of us I can always book a non Disney hotel or a villa offsite if needed :)

I do love the look of the cabins but walking distance to the Magic Kingdom would be part of the surprise for our group - so it needs to be BLT :)

It's not actually that far away from the Poly and TTC, just down Timberline Drive, but I wouldn't want to walk it at night. :)

There's the boat from WL to the MK, which is a completely awesome experience for children that are out of the stroller stage.

It's not actually that far away from the Poly and TTC, just down Timberline Drive, but I wouldn't want to walk it at night. :)

There's the boat from WL to the MK, which is a completely awesome experience for children that are out of the stroller stage.

Yeah, this is more a treat for my mother in law :) The kids won’t be that bothered...

You might consider a grand villa at OKW which is almost half the point cost of a GV at BLT. The problem is that since you will have to book it at the 7 month mark, you might not get it since you are going to be at WDW during the busy DVC booking season.

Also the Cascade cabins sleep nine but only has 2 bedrooms, a king in one and a queen in the other. If the kids would sleep in the living room you might be okay. Point wise they are very expensive but they are available for cash reservations for lots of dollars.

You might consider a grand villa at OKW which is almost half the point cost of a GV at BLT. The problem is that since you will have to book it at the 7 month mark, you might not get it since you are going to be at WDW during the busy DVC booking season.

Also the Cascade cabins sleep nine but only has 2 bedrooms, a king in one and a queen in the other. If the kids would sleep in the living room you might be okay. Point wise they are very expensive but they are available for cash reservations for lots of dollars.

Thanks, but only BLT will allow her to walk to the MK in the morning for a last visit and to watch the fireworks from the room (assuming I book a theme park view).

Thanks though :)

So, I’ve gone ahead and booked using points :) It’s a massive splurge but I think it will be worth it (possibly not in ‘money terms’ but in the overall experience) :)

Even if it shouldn’t make sense financially but it’s emotionally, family wise etc then you know it’s the right choice.

Something just can’t be put into a box with a $ sign on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter