Any chance of a walk up at Ohana

ErinC

DIS Veteran
I haven't been able to get a reservation for Ohana for dinner on any of the nights that my DH will be with us on our upcoming trip. Do you think there is any chance of doing a walk up and getting in? Any time before that we have ever tried this, we generally went at the moment they opened for dinner (usually 4:3o or 5:00), but I've never tried it at Ohana. Has anyone done a walkup recently? I thought if we didn't have luck at Ohana, we'd try Kona's, but they may be just as busy. I don't think I can take a trip to the world without getting my Ohana fix!;)

Well, I think your best chance would be getting there just when they open at 5pm. After that, you probably would have next to no chance at all.

I would have the resort you are staying at try to get you a resevation each day until the day you want to dine. It has worked for me before.

Like everyone said opening is your best bet. I heard of walk ups being accepted but they had to wait an hour to an hour and a half for a table.

Thanks, I guess we'll give it a shot and if it doesn't work out, we'll see if we can go to Kona instead. I'm going to keep trying for an ADR, but since we are a family of 5 I don't think we will have much luck.

Not sure when you're going, but the only thing I can recommend is trying for a table for 6 instead. I tried 3 mornings in a row for a party size of 2 or 4 and was unsuccessful each time for any of the days during our trip. I was chatting with another DIS'er who was having the same problem, so just for the heck of it, we decided to try to get a table together for 6 since we were looking for the same date. I called the next morning and had no problems - even had a choice of times (in the earlier 5-5:30 range). So I might try that, just in case 6 is the magic number - it was for us!

Last year I couldn't get and ADR for 'Ohana's before we left. We were staying at AKL and the day after we checked I asked AKL's Guest Service's to look for an opening. They were able to give me a choice of three different times on the day I was looking for!

We were just at Disney a month ago and we had 11 people in our party. I had tried at least twice a day for weeks before our departure date trying to get an ADR for 'Ohana but had no luck so I made an ADR for the Kona Cafe at 5:20 for our second night there. When we got to Disney I tried calling the dining line numerous times and even had our hotel concierge check for a reservation but had no luck. The day of our Kona reservation we got to the Poly at around 5:15 (we tried to get there even earlier but there was a problem with the monorail). Before checking into Kona, I walked right over to the 'Ohana podium and asked if they were accepting any walkups. They checked and said they were and that my whole party would be seated in about 5 minutes. I sent my sister over to cancel our reservation and within 5 minutes we were at our table. I couldn't believe it! The restaurant was busy and I'm not sure if having a larger group helped. There was someone right in front of me trying to get a walk up reservation for a party of 4 and she was told there would be an hour and a half wait. I would say try a walk up but perhaps be prepared to wait a bit. Good luck, I really hope you get in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter