Any Canadians booked on an ABD and regretting it now?

slg

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if we're the only ones...we're booked for next July in Ireland, and with the dollar doing its downward spiral, I'm regretting the $1500 non-refundable deposit. Our family of 5 trip will cost us $14,335 US dollars(not including flights, tips, extras). I had budgeted for the dollar to be at $1.20 just in case, but now its at about $1.31 with no sign of stopping.

I just want it to stabilize and would be very happy at $1.20.

Any other ABD's booked out there?

You can always hope that with the downturn that ABD cancels the tour because they do not have enough people signed up for the tour.

Unfortunately they don't cancel tours until 60-90 days out. By then I'll have to have my airfare and the majority of the trip organized. Never mind that my kids are so excited.

Sigh...

The trip is still a ways off. The dollar has certainly taken a turn for the worse. Our first ever family trip was planned when our dollar nose dived to 1.60 U.S. I did not cancel but I did end up working extra paid shifts and lots of paid overtime. We also did not take a trip the following couple of years. Looking back I am glad that we did it. It was a trip of a life time and now that the DD's are getting older our family time is becoming less and less:sad2: I will be keping my fingers crossed that the U.S dollar levels out but in the meantime keep your chin up and think of all the wonderful family memories you will be making;)

Unfortunately they don't cancel tours until 60-90 days out. By then I'll have to have my airfare and the majority of the trip organized. Never mind that my kids are so excited.

Sigh...

It is the excitement that you cannot replace. My understanding is if ABD cancels they will reimburse you the airfare.

Who know what exchange will be like in a couple of months.

I don't think they'll reimburse the airfare if I don't book the airfare with them, and you can only book the airfare with them if you are leaving from the US. Plus, we want to go to Portugal first.

Its a complicated situation, but I'll tough it out. I just wish I hadn't booked it until closer to the time...

I don't think they'll reimburse the airfare if I don't book the airfare with them, and you can only book the airfare with them if you are leaving from the US. Plus, we want to go to Portugal first.

Its a complicated situation, but I'll tough it out. I just wish I hadn't booked it until closer to the time...

I think they do even if you do not book with them. Check out the ABD Forum's there are some threads on this.

6) What if Adventures by Disney Cancels my Adventure prior to departure?
Adventures by Disney reserves the right to cancel a trip at any time prior to its commencement for any reason, such as if there are too few Guests, or if the quality of the trip or the safety of the Guests would, in our opinion, be compromised, such as may result from unforeseen circumstances (acts of God) or other circumstances beyond our reasonable control. If we cancel your trip prior to its commencement because there are too few Guests: (i) we will attempt to re-book you on another departure of the same itinerary, subject to availability, and we will bear any reasonable airline re-booking charges; however, if we are unable to rebook you, we will issue a full refund of your land package price and Vacation Protection Plan (unless you have filed a claim); and (ii) if you booked airfare through us, we will issue a full refund of your airfare; and (iii) if you did not book airfare through us, we will reimburse you for your reasonable out-of-pocket (subject to proof) airline cancellation charges or, in the case of bookings using frequent flier miles, a reasonable cancellation service fee, provided you have exercised best efforts to mitigate such charges/fees; and (iv) the aforesaid payments and/or rebooking by us shall constitute a full settlement.

This is from abd.disney.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter