Any benefit to adding Genie plus to my room only before I cant?

DANAW

Mouseketeer
Should I add tickets and Genie plus to my room only reservation before June 8th when they will no longer offer it in advance? I'm not sure I see any benefit...except that I am guaranteed Genie plus each day. I still have to wake up at 7:00 a.m. to put in my ride choices. To complicate things, one person in our room will leave a few days into the trip. I assume I need to call Disney to remove the add'l person fee and her tickets...will that change then not allow my prior Genie plus advance purchase. This is so complicated!!

Should I add tickets and Genie plus to my room only reservation before June 8th when they will no longer offer it in advance? I'm not sure I see any benefit...except that I am guaranteed Genie plus each day. I still have to wake up at 7:00 a.m. to put in my ride choices. To complicate things, one person in our room will leave a few days into the trip. I assume I need to call Disney to remove the add'l person fee and her tickets...will that change then not allow my prior Genie plus advance purchase. This is so complicated!!
You would be better off buying tickets with G+ separately from the room reservation instead of making your room-only reservation into a package. That way you can get the exact number of ticketed days you need for each person.

But I would only purchase the tickets with G+ if I felt that I would use G+ every park day. If you only want it for MK and HS, why buy it for your AK and Epcot days? It's not as if Disney cuts you a break for purchasing all days in advance vs purchasing individual days.

There is an argument to be made that Disney may raise the price and introduce dynamic pricing. But again, if you only want G+ for select days and not all of them, how high above $15/day pp would it have to go in order to make buying all days now @$15 pp a better deal?

Disney having an IT glitch that prevented me from adding Genie Plus on the morning of my first park day was no fun at all. Avoiding a chance of that again is the biggest reason I wanted to make sure to buy it ahead.

There is also the possibility that if you wait, G+ will not be available on the days that you want it. Part of the reason for stopping selling it in advance is to control the number of people who use it. I don't think anyone has any idea about how likely it will be that G+ will be sold out on any given day.

I think the decision hinges on how important doing multiple rides per day is for you and possibly also if you plan to return to WDW or will be once-in-a-lifetime guests.

We didn't use G+ at all last trip in November and didn't feel deprived by waiting in standby. Actually, the Toy Story wait wasn't much longer than standby had been for it pre-covid.

However, we return annually at less-crowded times and don't particularly mind if a line looks longer than we care to wait. We'll just put that one on the next park day or next year list. No biggie if we don't get it at all this time.

Thing is, even if you get G+ for your entire stay, you've got to be ready to leap on your chosen ride within literally seconds after the window opens at 7:00 a.m. or monitor the app throughout your day to try getting it later.

We decided we'd rather spend our $30/day for us two on yummy eats or souvies and enjoy what rides we could get fairly easily.

YMMV = Your mileage may vary.

If I already have a package booked for October, I was told by a CM that I cannot add Genie +anymore because my reservation is for after June 8. I thought you could still add it as long as it is bought before June 8. Another thought as stated above, If I change my package to room only, would I then be able to purchase genie + for the days I want as long as I do it before June 8? Or would I still have to buy it for my length of stay? Thank you.

If I already have a package booked for October, I was told by a CM that I cannot add Genie +anymore because my reservation is for after June 8. I thought you could still add it as long as it is bought before June 8. Another thought as stated above, If I change my package to room only, would I then be able to purchase genie + for the days I want as long as I do it before June 8? Or would I still have to buy it for my length of stay? Thank you.

I thought G+ was all or nothing if you add it on beforehand - that if you wanted to add it to only some days that was a day-of purchase. And yes, my TA was able to change mine to G+ for a package at the end of August, so the CM was misinformed.

To complicate things, one person in our room will leave a few days into the trip. I assume I need to call Disney to remove the add'l person fee and her tickets...
If you want a package reservation (room + tickets) then everyone on the package must have the same components -- same length ticket for everyone. You can't drop someone from a package for only a few days, nor can you have ticket days removed. As PP suggests, buy your tickets separately without a package. That will allow you to buy the length ticket that each person needs. After you check-in for the room-only, when the one person leaves, then yes you can have the additional adult fee removed for the remaining nights; you'll need to do this in-person at the front desk.

I thought G+ was all or nothing if you add it on beforehand - that if you wanted to add it to only some days that was a day-of purchase. And yes, my TA was able to change mine to G+ for a package at the end of August, so the CM was misinformed.
Very misinformed!! I just went to the MDE app and was able to add it to our package. However, I could not find a link to add it via the website?? Oh well at least it’s added now. Thank you!

Very misinformed!! I just went to the MDE app and was able to add it to our package. However, I could not find a link to add it via the website?? Oh well at least it’s added now. Thank you!

You're welcome! I'm not sure how my TA did it - I just told her to go ahead and add it. I don't know that ti will be needed at the end of August, but I'd rather have it and not fully need it than not have it and not be able to buy it or have the system glitch when trying to purchase it.

This is wrong info from the CM. You have until 6/8 to add it to a package. You can do it through MDW (changed tickets/reservations tab, then add genie +) or by calling

You should be able to add it until the 8th, but you could have to add it for every day. Your trip being in October shouldn't matter as I was able to book it for the fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!