Any Apple experts?

sam_gordon

DIS Veteran
My kids all have iPhones. Youngest DD needs my approval to purchase/download anything from the app store. In the past, this wasn't an issue because I had a work issued iPad and I would get notifications on the iPad. However, now my work issued tablet is an Android (as is my phone). DW's phone is also an Android.

Does anyone know how to set things up so I (or we) get notified via email or Android app)? I'm not going to carry two tablets around just to approve her purchases.

Any other ideas or solutions.

Yes, I did google, but I'm either not using the correct terms or there is no solution.

This might be an Apple Support call. The approval is set up through Family Sharing and your Apple IDs. Technically she’s using your account credentials to verify hers. You can turn the asking for approval off but I’m not sure how you would be able to approve from a non Apple device. You could just approve from the iPad when you get home but that leaves her waiting all day.

Maybe try asking at iMore or MacRumors.

There may be no solution. You might be forced to restrict her access (easily, you know) and physically approve any new purchases or downloads when you're together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter