Any All Star Music Resorts fans out there?

We stayed 2 years ago and I wouldn't hesitate to go back! We were in a suite in Calypso but my inlaws stayed in Broadway. I actually loved how it looked like a real street. DS even looked both ways before crossing! (He was just 5 at the time). It isn't the fanciest resort, but I still love the landscaping and theming.
I think the only issue you will face will be the bed size (double). Other than that, it is a wonderful resort!
Have fun!

We LOVE the Music! Haven't had a bad stay yet. CM's are the best there, as wel.

Staying at music in September in the preferred? Not sure what the difference is any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

There are times when the buses share, usually in the afternoon when ridership is low. The signs at the pick up points will simply say "All Star Resorts" instead of the AS Music, Movies or Sports.

I hope the pickup areas at the parks are closer than the ones for Pop! (Well, I guess they'd have to be since it seemed like Pop was the farthest out at every park!)

All Star Music is the only value resort we have stayed at, so far. So while I am no expert in WDW value resorts and can't make any comparisons; I can say I really liked our stay at ASMu. No issues using the WDW buses, liked the food court, and I am an early riser and usually go out and explore the resort before everyone else at the resort wakes up; I really like the theme and the colors. I really enjoyed our stay and have no problem recommending it.

I hope the pickup areas at the parks are closer than the ones for Pop! (Well, I guess they'd have to be since it seemed like Pop was the farthest out at every park!)

It's funny you say that, because we noticed the AS resorts had closer pickup at MK than some deluxes and mods!

Staying at music in September in the preferred? Not sure what the difference is any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Preferred buildings are the closest to the food court, laundry and busses. We usually stay preferred at Music but have stayed standard as well and gotten Jazz building which is the next closest (luck of the draw).

I just booked a stay as All-Star Music for October. I have stayed at Movies before, but usually do Pop. This time we have 3 adults, so I booked the Family Suite. Does anyone have an opinion on these rooms? It was a little pricey (though cheaper than Riverside which we were looking at), but with the pull-outs and two bathroome, I feel like we will have more room and be more comfortable. We could've saved a good chunk of change and done Pop. We're not really the types to stay in the room much anyway. I'm just wondering how it'll work out. Any insight is appreciated.

I just booked a stay as All-Star Music for October. I have stayed at Movies before, but usually do Pop. This time we have 3 adults, so I booked the Family Suite. Does anyone have an opinion on these rooms? It was a little pricey (though cheaper than Riverside which we were looking at), but with the pull-outs and two bathroom, I feel like we will have more room and be more comfortable. We could've saved a good chunk of change and done Pop. We're not really the types to stay in the room much anyway. I'm just wondering how it'll work out. Any insight is appreciated.

We stayed in the room 2 years ago. I thought it was great. The pullouts aren't the most comfortable, but at least everyone has their own bed (unless 2 are in the "master" then at least your sleeping on a queen vs a double like a Pop). We loved having 2 bathrooms, and really utilized the kitchenette (refridgerator, sink, microwave). Even if you don't hang out in the room, it's still nice to have a seating area (couch and chair) vs having to sit on beds. Plus the biggest bonus is the suites are in the closest buildings to the main building with the food court and bus stops.

We stayed @ ASMu last year and were happy with it (even with a few unwanted visitors that made it in under our door...:snail:)
We chose Calypso inorder to be close to the food court since we had the dining plan, but I really prefer Broadway section for appearances. The courtyard in that area is really cute. We've actually rebooked music for our trip this summer and we've never stayed at the same Disney resort twice, so I guess that says something, right?

I never noticed before - does each All Star hotel have a separate pick up/drop off point at the parks? I'm confused about how the sharing works.

PS - I used to attend Spring-Ford schools when I was a kid. Do I dare say... small world?

LOL, small world is perfect!! Depending on how long ago, S-F is a lot bigger now!! The high school is over 2,000 kids, and the "old" high school is now 9th grade only. My DD is a choir, play, musical kid. I can't wait to see them sing at WDW, I think it's a festival/competition so I have no idea where it will take place.

Yes each All-Star will have a pick-up and drop-off point when they don't share. There are boards at each bus area that note the stops for each resort, so it will change when they share. They may even change day to day. You always should check that board before walking to the bus stop at a park.

We stayed @ ASMu last year and were happy with it (even with a few unwanted visitors that made it in under our door...:snail:)
We chose Calypso inorder to be close to the food court since we had the dining plan, but I really prefer Broadway section for appearances. The courtyard in that area is really cute. We've actually rebooked music for our trip this summer and we've never stayed at the same Disney resort twice, so I guess that says something, right?

Oh no... ummm what type of visitor??

We've stayed here twice and are returning this Thanksgiving. It will be our second Thanksgiving in a row spent at ASMu.
Last year we stayed in a family suite pool side in the Calypso building. It was pretty cool hearing that music every morning, made it feel like vacation. Plenty of room in the family suite. There's plenty of storage in the kitchenette, plus a microwave. My wife liked it because we had two windows to decorate. Lol.

Three years ago we stayed in the Rock n Roll buildings, standard room. It was nice. Maybe a five minute walk to the main building.

The bus stop at the Magic Kingdom is closer than the one for Pop. I love the Pop but the bus service is worse than ASMu.
Bus stops are about the same at the other parks.
The only time we shared busses was mid day and it's not a big deal. You make one extra stop.

I think we are going to request Broadway section for this trip.

Oh no... ummm what type of visitor??

We had a couple of roaches and baby lizards the first two days we were there. I'm chalking it up to being on the first floor across from a wooded area and also to part of the metal strip missing that runs under the door (something you wouldn't notice unless you laid on the floor to look for it, which I did). Very freaky at first with the roaches, but Disney sent the bug guy and I started putting a towel at bottom of our door. These were ginormous roaches. The kind you normally see outside, so I'm told. They offered to move us, but we stayed since we loved our location. We never saw another critter for 2 weeks. First roach sighting at Disney for us out of 6 resorts :upsidedow

PS-to be clear, I don't think ASMu has a roach problem.

Last edited:
We stay at All Star Sports regularly and enjoy it - actually much prefer it to a Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation.

We tried All Star Music for the first time a couple of weeks ago because we wanted a family suite. We enjoyed it to and would stay there again. Our party was my mom, DH, 8 year old son and me. My mom insisted that DH and I take the queen bed, and we were worried that the pull outs would be uncomfortable for her. We took the single mattress out of the ottoman and put it on top of the single mattress on the pull out chair, and she said it was great. My son was happy on the pull out couch, but I don't think my DH or I could have slept on it.

We like all of the All Stars - we have a special love for As Music. The first time we ever stayed at WDW was at Music.

Handicapped showers (roll-in) at the All Stars are perfect! The rooms are an adequate size, and there are plenty of electric receptacles for charging scooters.

The bus situation is crowded, the location for pick-up at the parks is far down, but the price usually overshadows the inconvenience!

The All Stars are definitely a good value!!!

We stayed in the Country Section a month ago. Great stay. Only issue for use was the cheerleading tent taking up the parking spaces. Made finding a parking spot like winning the lotto! :yay:

We're staying in a family suite for the first time Saturday. Does anyone know if the laundry is still coin operated or if it takes cards?

WOW...great responses and reviews from everyone! Thank you! So excited. Under 30 days until we arrive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter