Any Alamo upgrade coupon codes out there?

joxer1014

DIS Veteran
Got a rental at the end of May and cant seem to find any upgrade deals with Alamo. Anyone else have any luck?

*suggest pricing it out thru auto slash website, make sure to check off everything you are qualified re discounts in the process

*alternatively, go to car rental savers site & specifically check the Alamo link for whatever discounts

*otherwise just google for a specific Alamo code

*there is a May car rental thread a few post down

*might want to check out what‘s offered thru this board’s sponsor first

No need for me to check out the board's sponsor. I have no need to buy park tickets to get a marginal price for my car.

Upgrade coupons aren't really the thing they used to be, especially as more of them start requiring rack rates. Autoslash is your best bet and book or set an alert for the class you want. Your expectations for prices may need to be adjusted also. Gone are the days where you get a car from a major for $100 or even $200 for a week, best price I've seen from a publicly available code is $250. If part of your rental is Memorial Day, that is not going to have the same deals available you would have the first week.

Is Entertainment (in as the old Entertainment Book) still a thing? I seem to recall them having upgrade coupons. Also, if you are a Costco Member, check with CostcoTravel. AutoShash will ask if you have Costco membership but I don't beleive they will actually book Costco rates.

AutoSlash will ask if you have Costco membership but I don't beleive they will actually book Costco rates.
It will, it's goes through the Priceline interface just the same as normal. There will be a line in the rate that says you must have your Costco card with you when you pick up the rental.

It will, it's goes through the Priceline interface just the same as normal. There will be a line in the rate that says you must have your Costco card with you when you pick up the rental.
But Costco doesn't pay any commissions on their rates. Do the car rental agencies pay commission when someone books a Costco rate through a third party. I am just kind of going off what someone, who asked Autoslash about it, brought up in another forum.

But Costco doesn't pay any commissions on their rates. Do the car rental agencies pay commission when someone books a Costco rate through a third party. I am just kind of going off what someone, who asked Autoslash about it, brought up in another forum.
I was incorrect, it actually books through the Autoslash rental interface. Clicking on the pay later takes you to a very priceline looking site to complete the reservation.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-31 9.39.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-31 9.39.49 PM.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 2
Outside of Auto Slash or Costco, I have not found many codes that have worked for several years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter