Any adult Dis'ers into Hardcore Metal?

Good 'ol Gaahl :lmao: I hope I'm not offending anyone, as I come from a total prog-technical metal background, but I see Gorgoroth as a joke. While I love 'em, he's the Spinal Tap of death metal. I worship at the altar of Death and Cynic!

Speaking of prog-metal, I urge all to check out the Mastodon's www.cracktheskye.com They now have Oblivion instrumental streaming!

Leviathan was a killer album, and while Blood Mountain was a great follow up, it didn't live up to my expectations. Based on what's been released, I've got a a great feeling about Crack The Skye. I've got a total TOOL vibe, but keeping the metal front and center.

I can live a happy prog fan as long as bands like Tool, Cynic, Mastodon ect ... keep the King Crimson spirit alive

I'm more of a deathrock/goth/old school punk kind of chick but I have always loved Danzig and saw them play with the original line-up back in 92. My boyfriend has gotten me into Iron Maiden and old school Metallica. I haven't progressed into black metal yet....I'm working on it.;)

Good 'ol Gaahl :lmao: I hope I'm not offending anyone, as I come from a total prog-technical metal background, but I see Gorgoroth as a joke. While I love 'em, he's the Spinal Tap of death metal. I worship at the altar of Death and Cynic!

Speaking of prog-metal, I urge all to check out the Mastodon's www.cracktheskye.com They now have Oblivion instrumental streaming!

Leviathan was a killer album, and while Blood Mountain was a great follow up, it didn't live up to my expectations. Based on what's been released, I've got a a great feeling about Crack The Skye. I've got a total TOOL vibe, but keeping the metal front and center.

I can live a happy prog fan as long as bands like Tool, Cynic, Mastodon ect ... keep the King Crimson spirit alive

Gorgoroth is indeed a parody of themselves not to mention absolutely insane. Gaahl the lead singer is absolutely insane he is the Jerry Falwell of Black Metal he thinks that True Norwegian Black Metal is the end all and be all and that if you aren't into burning Christians churches to even the score for the Catholic Church burning down the old Norse houses of worship then you don't deserve to live.

I love Prog Metal I think we had a discussion about prog metal 6 months or so ago and I couldn't agree more with you regarding Mastodon absolutely brilliant and have picked up the prog metal torch and bringing it to levels not yet seen.

King Crimson rules btw... :rockband:

pantera and slipknot ... black metal?! not quite. sorry, im somewhat of a music snob having worked in the music business for close to ten years. i totally love hannah montana and the jonas brothers .. but my original and forever love is metal.

meshuggah, dimmu borgir, cradle of filth, christ inversion a phil anselmo project), mayhem, burzum ..i dig on it all.

but NIN is still my favorite band .. and more industrial bands like wumpscut, cabaret voltaire, KMFDM, Ministry, Skinny Puppy and My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult.

pantera and slipknot ... black metal?! not quite. sorry, im somewhat of a music snob having worked in the music business for close to ten years. i totally love hannah montana and the jonas brothers .. but my original and forever love is metal.

meshuggah, dimmu borgir, cradle of filth, christ inversion a phil anselmo project), mayhem, burzum ..i dig on it all.

but NIN is still my favorite band .. and more industrial bands like wumpscut, cabaret voltaire, KMFDM, Ministry, Skinny Puppy and My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult.

Christ Inversion are awesome I have 13th Century Luciferian Rites on tape..Are they ever going to release that on CD as promised since the early 00's?
"SADNESS IS A FREEDOM NOT FOR CHANGE
UNNAMED BEINGS DECOMPOSE MY RAGE
DROWNED BY THE DARKNESS
TASTE THE SADNESS THAT MY LIFE BREEDS "

Gorgoroth is indeed a parody of themselves not to mention absolutely insane. Gaahl the lead singer is absolutely insane he is the Jerry Falwell of Black Metal he thinks that True Norwegian Black Metal is the end all and be all and that if you aren't into burning Christians churches to even the score for the Catholic Church burning down the old Norse houses of worship then you don't deserve to live.

I love Prog Metal I think we had a discussion about prog metal 6 months or so ago and I couldn't agree more with you regarding Mastodon absolutely brilliant and have picked up the prog metal torch and bringing it to levels not yet seen.

King Crimson rules btw... :rockband:

Gaahl is the man!! I was watching a metal documentary on Fuse and they interviewed him regarding Black Metal and Church burnings and I could have sworn he was drinking from a chalice of blood :lmao: It is pretty messed up that all Black Metal gets put in to the same boat as Norwegian I mean honestly I don't think any American or other European Black Metal bands would burn down a church or kill members of a rival band...Well then again Americans didn't have their entire culture wiped out by Christians well unless of course you include the Native Americans...Maybe the 4 Native Americans that are still alive should start Native American Black Metal band...I think I may be on to something :scratchin

300px-Native_American_PowWow_9488.jpg

Hey! I thought maybe I should bump this after a year!

We might have some new Disers who want to "come out" and feel they are not alone in a world of American Idol music :rotfl2:

I just "met" a fellow TON fan and metal Diser on the freebie thread............ Hola PrincessMama605
headbang.gif

Just wanted to share a hilarious pic that my cousin took of their little one! Not many people can appreciate this:rotfl2:

Maybe you all can:flower3:

DSC05409.jpg

Hi all, count me in as another metal-lovin' Disney freak! Glad to know I'm not the only one. Not really into black metal as much, but I do like TON, Marilyn, Pantera, Slipknot, Fear Factory, A7X and that kind of stuff. I even still listen to some of that old cheesy hair metal, like Poison, Skid Row, GN'R, Anthrax and the Crue.
Love Ozzy, Maiden and Metallica too.

I skimmed through the thread and I can totally relate to not quite fitting in with other moms. When I pull up at preschool to drop off my dd, I am the only mom with visible tats and skulls hanging from the rearview mirror.....:rotfl:

Thanks maddhatir!

Hi all, count me in as another metal-lovin' Disney freak! Glad to know I'm not the only one. Not really into black metal as much, but I do like TON, Marilyn, Pantera, Slipknot, Fear Factory, A7X and that kind of stuff. I even still listen to some of that old cheesy hair metal, like Poison, Skid Row, GN'R, Anthrax and the Crue.
Love Ozzy, Maiden and Metallica too.

I skimmed through the thread and I can totally relate to not quite fitting in with other moms. When I pull up at preschool to drop off my dd, I am the only mom with visible tats and skulls hanging from the rearview mirror.....:rotfl:

Thanks maddhatir!

Hell yeah!! great taste I love all that is metal including Glam or as you said cheesy hair metal....Speaking of you like Pantera but do you like Glamtera? lol

pantera24lbet5.jpg

Yes that is the real Pantera :lmao:

The look on your cousin's kid is classic :rotfl2:

I hit a horror covention in Jersey last weekend, and it got me back in a metal mood. Tons of horror, metal, tats, and drinking, but of course some of the nicest, friendliest people you would ever want to hang with. It was a strange and diverse crowd where everyone got along and had a great time.

Been listening to Lamb of God's 'Wrath' a lot lately. I know a bunch of longtime Lamb fans that don't like it, but I think it's one of their best.

I also started geting into a new instrumental band called Scale the Summit. Pretty cool stuff ... sounds like Opeth or Cynic without the vocals, or the heavier Tool stuff mixed with classic British metal guitar.

As far as anticipated upcoming metal realeases, Mastodon's new CD hits next week, and Dream Theater announced a new CD for June 23rd (my B-day).

pantera24lbet5.jpg

And here's my reply to that

spinal.jpg

Diamond Darrell RIP :sad1:

Hi all, count me in as another metal-lovin' Disney freak!

Thanks maddhatir!

Hey! See- glad I sent you over here to read this thread.....we are the minority here on the Dis (that is THEIR loss!), but, you are not alone!;)

Hell yeah!! great taste I love all that is metal including Glam or as you said cheesy hair metal....Speaking of you like Pantera but do you like Glamtera? lol

pantera24lbet5.jpg

Yes that is the real Pantera :lmao:

MY EYES, MY EYES!!! I REFUSE to think Pantera EVER looked like that!:snooty: :rotfl2:

The look on your cousin's kid is classic :rotfl2:

I hit a horror covention in Jersey last weekend, and it got me back in a metal mood. Tons of horror, metal, tats, and drinking, but of course some of the nicest, friendliest people you would ever want to hang with. It was a strange and diverse crowd where everyone got along and had a great time.

Been listening to Lamb of God's 'Wrath' a lot lately. I know a bunch of longtime Lamb fans that don't like it, but I think it's one of their best.

I also started geting into a new instrumental band called Scale the Summit. Pretty cool stuff ... sounds like Opeth or Cynic without the vocals, or the heavier Tool stuff mixed with classic British metal guitar.

As far as anticipated upcoming metal realeases, Mastodon's new CD hits next week, and Dream Theater announced a new CD for June 23rd (my B-day).

The horror convention in Cherry Hill?? I went to one years ago, that one was in North Jersey. Actually my cousin who took the pic of his baby used to go to the horror conventions (can you tell?:rotfl2: ) I am sure he and his wife will take the little one when she is old enough!:thumbsup2

I just downloaded Wrath last week. I am SO pissed I am not going to the show tonight @ the Electric Factory! Are you going? I did not mind spending the 100+ for the tix, but DH would not be a happy camper about standing for 2+ hours after spending the money. *I* on the other hand- would not mind standing that long for Lamb of God!:worship: I should have gotten the tix and brought my own chair!:rotfl2:

Tix go on sale today at noon for Testament- I have to get in on that one- I like the Troc! We are also going to see Exodus there next month.

How about Opeth? Did you see them @ the Troc a few months back??

The horror convention in Cherry Hill?? I went to one years ago, that one was in North Jersey. Actually my cousin who took the pic of his baby used to go to the horror conventions (can you tell?:rotfl2: ) I am sure he and his wife will take the little one when she is old enough!:thumbsup2

Yep, it was the convention in Cherry Hill. They have it every year, but it tends to be one of the better conventions in the country. Alice Cooper was there with the original Alice Cooper Band. I also got to meet a bunch of folks from Troma pictures (if you remember the great old flicks like Toxic Avenger and Class of Nuke' Em High). It's amazing how normal the people are that can create such twisted things :thumbsup2

Is Lamb of God playing Philly tonight? I know they are playing the area a few times in the coming months. Tickets are supposed to go on sale today for their May show with Children of Bodom. I think Mastodon is playing the TLA on Friday May 8, with Lamb/Children playing the Electric Factory on Saturday May 9. If I can get a 3 day weekend, I'll try to hit those shows. I lived in Richmond VA when Lamb was just getting started, and used to hang with them at the bar after playing in front of maybe 100 people. It's great to see how popular they've become

I missed the Opeth show, which I was supposed to hit. It's getting harder and harder for me to make shows anymore, and the TicketMaster/Livenation monopoly prices/fees are angering me to the point that I only hit a few shows a year anymore. My job also has me traveling a lot, so I never know when I'll be put on a plane, and then miss a show I have tickets for.

Is Lamb of God playing Philly tonight? I know they are playing the area a few times in the coming months. Tickets are supposed to go on sale today for their May show with Children of Bodom. I think Mastodon is playing the TLA on Friday May 8, with Lamb/Children playing the Electric Factory on Saturday May 9. If I can get a 3 day weekend, I'll try to hit those shows. I lived in Richmond VA when Lamb was just getting started, and used to hang with them at the bar after playing in front of maybe 100 people. It's great to see how popular they've become

MY BAD! Sorry! I got an e-mail from Ticketmaster saying LOG tix go on SALE 3/20 (today) for the 5/9 show at the EF. That is odd b/c they are going to be there on 4/19 too!

I do see Mastadon is playing at the TLA on 5/8.

I am sick of the additional fees that Ticketmaster charges- it is disgusting- and then on top of that, it costs us 25.00 to park in the garage down the street from the Troc!:sad2:

It might be worth staying in the city overnight if a concert is on a weekend. :rolleyes:

We stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn on Walnut a few weekends ago- we had tix to see Louis CK @ the Merriam Theater so we thought we would make a night of it.

You guys going to any other great shows in your area?

These are the shows that I have lined up for this spring..Pure f'n Metal!!! :rockband:

April 10
- Kreator / Exodus
Belphegor / Warbringer
Epicurean

April 17 & 18 - New England Metal and Hardcore Fest -

Day One
MAIN STAGE: All That Remains, Between The Buried and Me, The Haunted, The Acacia Strain, Suffocation, August Burns Red, Napalm Death, Whitechapel, Kataklysm, Nachtymystium, Toxic Holocaust, After The Burial, Burning Human, Sylosis, Merauder, Woe Of Tyrants, Rose Funeral

2nd STAGE :
Cattle Decapitation, Veil Of Maya, Psyopus, Coliseum, Aggressive Dogs, The Miles Between, Decrepit Birth, Trap Them, Psycroptic, XThe WarX, Withered, Bison B.C., Left To Vanish

Developing Artists Stage: ABACABB, Within The Ruins, The Destro, Brother Von Doom, We Are Gentlemen, Conqueror, Surrounded By Teeth, Pictures Of Winter, Half Hearted Comeback, Underlying Truth, Mordisk

Day Two

MAIN STAGE:
Lamb Of God, As I Lay Dying, Children Of Bodom, God Forbid, Municipal Waste, Emmure, Winds Of Plague, All Shall Perish, Austrian Death Machine, I Wrestled A Bear Once, Thy Will Be Done, Architect, The Ghost Inside, Book Of Black Earth, Century, The Crimson Armada, Animals As Leaders, Acaro

2nd STAGE :
Have Heart, Terror, Shipwreck A.D., Cold World, Trapped Under Ice, Cruel Hand, The Carrier, This Is Hell, Energy, Unholy, Defeater, Dead Swans, Landmine Marathon

Developing Artists Stage: Stray From The Path, Soldiers, Oceano, Catalepsy, Conducting From The Grave, Broadcast The Nightmare, Autumn Black, For Today, Black Teeth, This Or The Apocalypse

May 1:
- Paganfest America Part II

Korpiklaani
Eluveitie
Primordial
Moonsorrow
Blackguard
Swashbuckle

You have a nice line up coming your way!!!

I would like to see Napalm Death.

I always laugh when I hear the name- iwrestledabearonce- and laugh even more when I think about the name of their song "Tastes like Kevin Bacon":lmao: But that chick's voice is insane!!

I only have Exodus/Kreator's show on April 9th on my calendar right now.

I am going to try and get into Philly tomorrow to see if I can buy my Testament tix right from the venue box office- hoping there will not be any fees if I do it that way. AND! If I pout a little DH may fold and agree to go see one of the Lamb of God shows:rotfl2:

But, I will be nice and try and give him a choice, Lamb of God or Mastodon. :angel: (I would prefer LOG;) )

You have a nice line up coming your way!!!

I would like to see Napalm Death.

I always laugh when I hear the name- iwrestledabearonce- and laugh even more when I think about the name of their song "Tastes like Kevin Bacon":lmao: But that chick's voice is insane!!

I only have Exodus/Kreator's show on April 9th on my calendar right now.

I am going to try and get into Philly tomorrow to see if I can buy my Testament tix right from the venue box office- hoping there will not be any fees if I do it that way. AND! If I pout a little DH may fold and agree to go see one of the Lamb of God shows:rotfl2:

But, I will be nice and try and give him a choice, Lamb of God or Mastodon. :angel: (I would prefer LOG;) )

Napalm Death are the godfathers of grind and are absolutely amazing live!! This will be my 5th time seeing them and every time I see them I walk away feeling as though the skin has been ripped away from my flesh!!

I can't wait for Kreator and Exodus!!1 Nothing like a nice night of German and American Thrash!!!

Iwrestledabearonce are awesome that chic definitely knows how to bring it vocally...I love their song Alaskan Flounder Basket the intro is priceless LOL

Hmm having seen both LOG and Mastadon live on a few different occasions I would have to agree with you..I mean I personally feel that Mastadon is the far superior band however Lamb of God are amazing and intense live!!! Who knows maybe you'll be able to catch both :goodvibes

I may also catch Queensryche at the House of Blue DTD if I can convince my wife to extend our already long Disney trip in May...

Found it!!

I had to use the google search since the Dis search feature is turned off.

But I had to subscribe to keep up to date. I had no idea there was a thread like this on the Dis. I may have found a new home.:worship:

These are the shows that I have lined up for this spring..Pure f'n Metal!!! :rockband:

April 10
- Kreator / Exodus
Belphegor / Warbringer
Epicurean

April 17 & 18 - New England Metal and Hardcore Fest -

Day One
MAIN STAGE: All That Remains, Between The Buried and Me, The Haunted, The Acacia Strain, Suffocation, August Burns Red, Napalm Death, Whitechapel, Kataklysm, Nachtymystium, Toxic Holocaust, After The Burial, Burning Human, Sylosis, Merauder, Woe Of Tyrants, Rose Funeral

2nd STAGE :
Cattle Decapitation, Veil Of Maya, Psyopus, Coliseum, Aggressive Dogs, The Miles Between, Decrepit Birth, Trap Them, Psycroptic, XThe WarX, Withered, Bison B.C., Left To Vanish

Developing Artists Stage: ABACABB, Within The Ruins, The Destro, Brother Von Doom, We Are Gentlemen, Conqueror, Surrounded By Teeth, Pictures Of Winter, Half Hearted Comeback, Underlying Truth, Mordisk

Day Two

MAIN STAGE:
Lamb Of God, As I Lay Dying, Children Of Bodom, God Forbid, Municipal Waste, Emmure, Winds Of Plague, All Shall Perish, Austrian Death Machine, I Wrestled A Bear Once, Thy Will Be Done, Architect, The Ghost Inside, Book Of Black Earth, Century, The Crimson Armada, Animals As Leaders, Acaro

2nd STAGE :
Have Heart, Terror, Shipwreck A.D., Cold World, Trapped Under Ice, Cruel Hand, The Carrier, This Is Hell, Energy, Unholy, Defeater, Dead Swans, Landmine Marathon

Developing Artists Stage: Stray From The Path, Soldiers, Oceano, Catalepsy, Conducting From The Grave, Broadcast The Nightmare, Autumn Black, For Today, Black Teeth, This Or The Apocalypse

May 1:
- Paganfest America Part II

Korpiklaani
Eluveitie
Primordial
Moonsorrow
Blackguard
Swashbuckle

Nothing in my area. I usually have to go to Jaxx in Springfield, VA to see anything decent. I may be going there for the Kreator/Exodus show in May (I think?). That's if I can find someone to go with me. I married my complete opposite and he absolutely refuses to go with me. And most of my friends just don't get it. I can usually get my sister to go, but she doesn't like anything that lasts longer than a couple of hours.:confused3

I've seen a lot of those bands you have listed before. Warbringer is really good and I would love to see them again. I like some of All That Remains' stuff, but they've sort of gone soft lately. They're nice guys, though.

Lamb of God is good live, too. Do you know if they're still doing the wall of death during Black Label? I haven't seen them in a few years. And I hope to never be caught anywhere near a wall of death.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter