Any adult Dis'ers into Hardcore Metal?

Ohh wow that is an awesome show!!!! I have seen Dimmu 5 times and Behemoth 3 but never together thats awesome!!!...Have you ever seen Old Man's Child? Glader is the man in Dimmu but is absolutely burtal in Old Man's Child!! In Defiance of Existence is one of my favorite Black Metal albums ever.

No- I actually discovered Dimmu about a month before I went to the concert- someone turned me onto them and then I had the chance to see them in concert.

I am POd b/c I did not stay after the concert was finished- the guys from Behemoth were at the bar just hanging out!

I SO wanted to meet Orion!:cool1:

I love metal but my tastes run to the old metal. I have seen so many of the old metal bands in concert. I love the old Sabbath with Ozzy, AC/DC, Metallica, Queen, Ted Nugent.....you get the picture. I was even lucky enough to have seen Led Zeppelin in 1979. I absolutely love Metallica's version of "Turn the Page", the old Bob Seger tune.

Wow, I just noticed I said "old" 4 times in the above paragraph. I guess that means I am "old" too!!!:rotfl2:

But as they say......"You are never to old to rock and roll"!!!

Madd: You better watch some of that head banging when you get a bit older....we can't afford to lose any brain cells banging as we grow older.;)

Madd: You better watch some of that head banging when you get a bit older....we can't afford to lose any brain cells banging as we grow older.;)

Misty- my brain cells have been gone for a LONG LONG time! :smokin: ..............I can't remember 2 minutes ago:lmao:

Just got my tix- no hurry b/c all tix are General Admission- but! The tix were 24.00 ea. after all the crap they add on they came to 67.00! 19.00 in crappy charges!:mad:

Before I ordered them I asked DH of he just wanted to drive and just buy them directly from the venue- he said after paying for gas to get there we might as well just get them online!

CRAZY I SAY!!!:sad2: Gas and crappy charges are too many ducketts!

Misty- my brain cells have been gone for a LONG LONG time! :smokin: ..............I can't remember 2 minutes ago:lmao:

Alot of mine are gone too!! Some from pre-menopause (sorry guys!!), some from the 70's:hippie: ,and I'm thinking either the aliens or vampires have taken some too!!!;) :rotfl2:

I was listening to a metal podcast today and came across this Italian Power Metal band called Trick or Treat..I know I know its not black metal but they have a song called "Like Donald Duck"..I even checked them out on metal-archives.com and under lyrical theme it lists Donald Duck LOL

87988.jpg

DONALD DUCK METAL RULES!!!!!!!:donald:

I was listening to a metal podcast today and came across this Italian Power Metal band called Trick or Treat..I know I know its not black metal but they have a song called "Like Donald Duck"..I even checked them out on metal-archives.com and under lyrical theme it lists Donald Duck LOL

87988.jpg

DONALD DUCK METAL RULES!!!!!!!:donald:

:rotfl2: Good try- but I doubt you can bring any Dis'ers to the dark side with that one!:lmao:

How old is the band- they sound familiar???? Maybe I am thinking of a band in the 80s called Halloween??

Trick or Treat I believe started out as a Helloween tribute band.

Anyone try Pandora Radio? Not sure how hardcore it goes but you can tailor it to your liking.
http://www.pandora.com/

Trick or Treat I believe started out as a Helloween tribute band.

Anyone try Pandora Radio? Not sure how hardcore it goes but you can tailor it to your liking.
http://www.pandora.com/

YOu would be 100% correct they have a live Helloween tribute album out but in 2005 released the album "Evil Needs Candy Too" which has the song "Like Donald Duck" on it.

BTW regarding Helloween "Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II" is in my opinion is one of the greatest Power Metal Albums of all time.

I will check out Pandora Radio but at work I always listen to either Dis unplugged or Metal Messiah Radio. I like Metal Messiah Radio because they have a station that focuses on mostly a combination of Power Metal, Prog Metal, Nu Metal, and Glam then another seperate station that plays the brutal stuff like Death, Thrash, Black and Viking \m/ -_- \m/

That is one h*ll of an album. Everyone has their favorite core group of bands and they are one of them here They are in the middle of one big World Tour Not many dates in the States though. Bloodstock in the UK anyone?
2959u2s.gif

I must share my awesome late summer/ fall with my fellow Black Metal Disers out there. Check out my plans and tell me this isn’t going to be the greatest 4 months ever:

08/14/08 – Testament
08/15/08 – Motorhead
08/25/08 – Finntroll Warbringer, Thy Will be Done, To The Wolves
08/30/08 – Nightwish, Sonata Arctica
09/04/08 to 09/14/08 – WDW – POFQ
09/19/08 – Opeth, High on Fire
09/20/08 – Helloween , Gamma Ray
09/25/08 – Apocolyptica
10/01/08 – Kataklysm, Dying Fetus
10/02/08 – Amorphis
10/10/08 – Rock and Shock Day 1 – Children of Bodom, Obituary, many others
10/14/08- Kamelot, Edguy
10/15/08- Iced Earth, Into Eternity
10/17/08 – Dazig, Dimmu Borgir, Moonspell, Skeletonwitch
10/18/08 - Amon Amarth
11/19/08 – Symphony X

Easily going to be the greatest 4 months of my life so many metal shows and 10 days at WDW how could life get better than that? :rockband:

I must share my awesome late summer/ fall with my fellow Black Metal Disers out there. Check out my plans and tell me this isn’t going to be the greatest 4 months ever:

08/14/08 – Testament
08/15/08 – Motorhead
09/25/08 – Apocolyptica
10/02/08 – Amorphis
10/14/08- Kamelot, Edguy
10/18/08 - Amon Amarth
11/19/08 – Symphony X

Easily going to be the greatest 4 months of my life so many metal shows and 10 days at WDW how could life get better than that? :rockband:

That list only angers me with jealously :thumbsup2

Due to my work travel and schedule I've had to miss the Philly Opeth show, and this week I had to dump off my tickets for the Masters of Metal show. I freakin' love Dio-fronted Sabbath, and have yet to see 'em live.

08/14/08 – Testament
08/15/08 – Motorhead
09/25/08 – Apocolyptica
10/02/08 – Amorphis
10/14/08- Kamelot, Edguy
10/18/08 - Amon Amarth
11/19/08 – Symphony X

:scared1: Awesome! I had the chance to see Amon Amarth a few days before the Dimmu show and I passed it up!

Due to my work travel and schedule I've had to miss the Philly Opeth show, and this week I had to dump off my tickets for the Masters of Metal show. I freakin' love Dio-fronted Sabbath, and have yet to see 'em live.

I got my Opeth tix! Man that stinks when real life gets in the way!

So the M of M show was 2 nights ago in Camden- is that the one you were going to? You had to give up the tix!?

I should be tarred and feathered b/c I did not even know about the show!:eek: I have been concentrating on a lot of the shows at the Troc and blowing off the big stuff in Camden!:sad2:

I have see Dio years and years ago when he was fronting Black Sabbath- His voice just sends shivers down my spin. I love Ozzy (b/c Ozzy's god!)- but Dio is just incredible.

I have seen him on his own too.

I saw Heaven & Hell last time around and I have to say I enjoy Dio Sabbath much more than Ozzy Sabbath...I am one of the few who think Ozzy is severley overrated especially compared to the vocalists of his generation i.e Halford, Dickinson etc...

I got my Opeth tix! Man that stinks when real life gets in the way!

So the M of M show was 2 nights ago in Camden- is that the one you were going to? You had to give up the tix!?

I should be tarred and feathered b/c I did not even know about the show!:eek: I have been concentrating on a lot of the shows at the Troc and blowing off the big stuff in Camden!:sad2:

I have see Dio years and years ago when he was fronting Black Sabbath- His voice just sends shivers down my spin. I love Ozzy (b/c Ozzy's god!)- but Dio is just incredible.

I have seen him on his own too.

Yeah, the catch 22 of being an adult. I have money to spend on concerts and fun toys ... yet I'm now too busy to enjoy it. More and more, I feel like I'm back to having 'school nights'. If a concert happens to fall of weeknight, chances are I can't make it.

EDIT: had to add that yes, the Camden show a few night ago ... Testament, Motorhead, Priest, and Heaven and Hell ... and I had to give my ticket away.

I saw Heaven & Hell last time around and I have to say I enjoy Dio Sabbath much more than Ozzy Sabbath...I am one of the few who think Ozzy is severley overrated especially compared to the vocalists of his generation i.e Halford, Dickinson etc...

I enjoy Ozzy a lot, but I always prefered Dio way more. I'd put Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules as 1 and 2 for favorite Sabbath albums, with Paranoid a distant 3rd.

From a vocalist standpoint, listen to how well Halford, Dickinson, and Dio still sound. Unfortunately, poor Ozzy ain't doing all that great. Just my opinion, but for me, Dio and Dickinson probably represent THE classic metal vocal standard.

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to let you guys knwo that it is possible to be converted:) . I am metalis4ever's wife and when we met I was all about boy bands, R& B and hip hop. I couldn't even fathom what metal was and after a few years he got me into Iron Maiden [who is my ABSOLUTE favorite band of all time] and he slowly worked me into the metal scene. Now I love Posionblack, Charon, a few Type O Negative songs, Dio, Killswitch Engage, a couple of Arch Enemy songs and I LOVE power metal. I will be proudly be rocking my Iron Maiden Killers shirt at DWD in September.

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to let you guys knwo that it is possible to be converted:) . I am metalis4ever's wife and when we met I was all about boy bands, R& B and hip hop. I couldn't even fathom what metal was and after a few years he got me into Iron Maiden [who is my ABSOLUTE favorite band of all time] and he slowly worked me into the metal scene. Now I love Posionblack, Charon, a few Type O Negative songs, Dio, Killswitch Engage, a couple of Arch Enemy songs and I LOVE power metal. I will be proudly be rocking my Iron Maiden Killers shirt at DWD in September.

:thumbsup2 ............
12344.gif
rock.gif

Time for a Black Metal Resurrection..It's been about 3 days in Black Metal time pixiedust:

Black is the night, metal we fight
Power amps set to explode
Energy screams, magic and dreams
Satan records their first note.
We chime the bell, chaos and hell
Metal for maniacs pure.
Fast melting steel, fortune on wheels
Brain hemorrhage is the cure

For
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
lay down your soul to the gods rock `n' roll

Venom-Metal_Black.jpg

Riding through the blackfires of endless time
The icy dawn lifts with an horizon like
nordens on fire
Still peace breathes throughout the realm...
This ride will be the one...

The morning sun gleam upon these
peaceful plains...
Far beyond the realms of fire and ice
The legions marches on...
Now blow the mighty horns of war

Fly throughout the sky... set fire to the land
Fly throughout the sky... Sons of Northern Darkness

Anger rideth with the one that knows no fear
Who's eyes like fire - who's hearts like ice

Spirits rideth with the ones that knows no fear
They are the Sons of northern darkness

Wisdom rideth with the ones that knows no fear
As old as the northern wind blow
Blow over grim moors...

Gathered we all storm the land...
The sound of triumph in the air
The legions marches on...
Now hear the mighty battle blasts

444505immortal.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts