Anxiety about my trip planning!!!

w8ting4pooh

Commando planner
I can't believe that I'll be on my trip in less than 2 weeks! It is something that the kids and I have wanted to do for so long.

It seems that it was always planning for the hypothetical because hubby always had an excuse for why we had to cancel. Now that I know the trip is imminent, I'm having a major anxiety issue!!! H won't help me plan any of the days either so it's all on me to get the PSs and the daily schedule done.

I try to plan the itinerary but I keep changing it and revising it. Disney just added spectro and FIS to every night of my trip as well as 2 extra fantasmics. Eride is probably out because it would run until 2 a.m. :eek: When am I going to get this all figured out!!?!

You will get it together.....just do the best you can and go for it... I have to tell you.. I never plan anything, I just let my vacation happen...and we enjoy it that way.. but I do understand the planning, so good luck and have fun.. :)

First of all take a big breath....................... Now another...................... Doesn't that feel better. A little planning is great but remember to be flexable. It is a vacation relax and enjoy the magic. Hoping you and your family gets a little of that Pixy Dust.

Oh by the way we will be there the same time you are. We will be wearing our lime green ribon. Hope to see someone else from these wonderful boards.

Barring any unforeseen incidents, this is my December schedule. As you can see, there is detail, but not overkill. I wouldn't even have this much planned, except this is a trip during the Christmas season. There is so much to do that I had to make more plans in advance than usual. This will be our second week long WDW vacation. We really winged it last year. Don't stress. Even without a plan, WDW is still a magical place, if you let it be. Mickey

December 11th Thursday
Drive to FL
Eat on the road

December 11th Thursday nite thru December 13th Saturday nite
Stay with Family in Florida

December 14th Sunday [MK EE]
Travel to Orlando leaving the dogs with their Aunt Launda & Uncle Tom
Check into Pop Century!!!
Check out the Grounds - Take Pictures!
Go to MK around 4:00 pm for Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern
MVMCP 7:00 pm til Midnight!
See Later Parade and see Special Fireworks Show

December 15th Monday [AK EE]
Sleep Late
Epcot (open until 9:30pm)
Try to do M:S/TT/SE
Do World Showcase
Get Daily Schedule at Epcot Entrance
See all the Santas and Storytellers
Either Illuminations/Osbornes depending on availablity

December 16th Tuesday [MGM EE]
MGM EE (8am!)
Leave for Fort Wilderness around 5pm
Mickey's Back Yard BBQ at 6:30pm

December 17th Wednesday [Epcot EE]
Character Breakfast at Breakfastasaurus
AK (open until 5pm)
Do the Shows & Dinos
Dinner at Rainforest Cafe
AMC Theater - See Lord of the Rings 3

December 18th Thursday [MK EE]
MK EE (8am!)
Around 3pm hop to Epcot (open until 9:30pm)
Dinner at Le Cellier (PS when package bought/120 day)
Candlelight Processional Late Show

December 19th Friday [AK EE]
AK EE (8am!)
See Asia & Africa
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
Hop to Epcot (open until 9:30pm)
Dinner at Rose & Crown (PS 120 day vs. CP package)
"Special Night"

December 20th Saturday [MGM EE]
MGM EE (8am!)
Brunch at Prime Time 50's Cafe
Must get a Lilo & Stitch drink!
Hop to MK for FitS (open until 10pm)

December 21st Sunday
Check out and head towards home picking up dogs on the way.

December 22nd Monday
Laundry
Suck up to the cats
Get ready to return to the real world

What do you have so far???
What are your days/dates???
Are you early risers?
Where are you staying?
Will you take a mid-day break??

If I were going in summer, I would try to make use of early morning and night-time tourig as much as possible. Remember to allow for a daily afternoon thunderstorm around 2ish.

Here's what I would do: EE until lunch time. Eat a EARLY lunch (like 11am) and get out of the park after (or eat at my resort ). Do some swimming before the rains come and relax in my room-bring some new books or mags- during the storm (or the other way around, since sometimes the storms start early). Head to a DIFFERENT park in the late afternoon (4 or 5) and stay until closing. Make an early PS for dinner, so that I am are clear for parades/fireworks.

Using the above strategy, you woud have to decide what parks/which days (remember not to do an EE park at night) and then which restaurants you will do in each park. Use the menus at wdwig.com

In the heat and crowds of summer, you will need a break for sure!
I always pack two outfits per day.

w8ting4pooh,
I know exactly how you feel. I get exactly the same way. We are going in December and I am driving my family crazy with planning PS and which days where. They are now ignoring me and don't care what we do.

I did the same exact thing 2 years ago when we went....I can't seem to help it. DH likes to go to Disney at last minute if we can so I don't make them crazy.

Lots of good advice here though....I think I will take some it...lol.

My Dh doesn't like to be tied down by too many plans. We never have had a PS for any of our previous trips. We usually pretty much plan things out the night before in the hotel room. I do keep somewhat of a small itineary-- but pretty much I keep it to myself. Like I know which day we are going where. Relax it will go well. Afterall you'll be at Disney, just be happy for that alone. If you stay flexible the rest will fall into place.

Personally, I think you can overplan. On our first trip to WDW, I planned everything out. Stayed at the GF, spent a ton of money, and had a miserable trip. The next two trips I basically just planned which parks for which day and made PS for CRT and a couple of other restaurants I wanted to try. Our family had a much better time not sticking to a tight schedule. Everything will be fine.

I changed the whole itinerary while I sat at work today - no internet so I had lots of time to write things down. :jester: I tried to break up the days - early mornings, naps, then stay late. I have 3 days that are not so busy for some down time.

We check in on Saturday before the parks open.

Saturday
MK at opening until 4pm. CRT Breakfast at 10:20.
Back to hotel - relax, unpack, dinner, rent bikes or go to DTD after dinner.

Sunday
MK for EE at 8am
Swim at the hotel
Epcot for 3p-9p
Illuminations

Monday
AK EE at 8am
Breakfastasaurus at 10 am. Leave after breakfast.
Nap at hotel.
MGM 4pm-10 pm (see 2nd fantasmic)

Tuesday
MGM 8 am - 12:30
11:30 50's Prime Time
Swim and a BIG nap at hotel.
MK Eride 6pm - 2 am. (Yeah, right!)

Wednesday
Sleep In.
Disneyquest for a few hours. Leave by 2:30
Typhoon Lagoon 3-6pm

Thursday
MK 8am EE - 11am
Akingdom 12-6 pm

Friday
Blizzard Beach 9am - 1pm
Evening - maybe MK Eride again?

Saturday
Epcot 9am - ?
Taxi to airport. Staying at the airport before we fly out first thing Sunday.

Well? Did I do ok?

Your plan looks good, but I think you will be wiped out by Tues. You may have to switch tues and wed. Also, Typhoon Lagoon may not happen if it rains, so if you really want to do it, I would at your earliest "sunny" opportunity! I haven't stayed at the Dolphin, but I LOVED CSR!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter