Antics of the Orange Banded Monkeys: Heartbreaking News June 2017

Brilliant views from the lounge and yummy grub from crews cup. I love their buffalo chicken nuggets and their burgers. Very tasty indeed. So looking forward to the next update ( smiling already) :)

OK, I promised you all a Christmas treat, the next update of my trip report. A bedtime story, so to speak.

I usually like to get my replies to the previous post out of the way first, but too many things on my to-do list for today, so I hope you will forgive me. I'll respond to your comments in the next day or so.

If you are following the trip report from Ben's 8th grade class trip "I Can Organize This Trip in My Sleep" you may skip ahead to the next post. But I think it serves as a nice lead-in to the update I am about to post.

8:01 pm Arrived at Movies

WP_20150608_014.jpg

DSCF6512.JPG

We didn’t check in at the desk, we went directly to the Love Bug section where the school principal was with our Magic Bands, room assignments and our packet of park tickets and meal vouchers.

We discussed how the classes would work the next couple of days, and how many chaperones could attend each.

Then it was time for pizza and some of the boys had a little pool time.

pizza party.jpg

I was relieved to see that the All Star resorts offer phone books to their valued guests. Perhaps the Beach Club should take a page from their book!

Everyone retired to their rooms around 10 pm. One of the security measures the school uses is to place stringed magnets across the students’ doors so that if they open the door, the chaperones/security guards will know it.

DSCF7495.JPG

DSCF7496.JPG

After corralling our students into their rooms, it was time for us to go back to our accommodations to prepare for the next day. We both put away our clothes, took out our toiletries and I set up the coffee maker I brought (since the All Stars don’t provide these in the rooms) so it would be ready to go the next morning.

My whole life I have been plagued by sleep issues so when I am on vacation I take a sleeping pill before retiring. I had just filled a new prescription. Shortly after taking the pill, I felt dizzy. That had never happened before, but I was tired from our travel day and I was at about DEF-CON 3 for a stress level (not bad). We had successfully arrived in Orlando, but I was nervous about the 450 Fast Passes I had booked for the group.

I still had a couple of things to do before morning. Each of Y.E.S. classes required 12 (and only 12) chaperones- for the boys- so not everyone could go to both classes. I had checked who wanted to go on each day and wanted to write it out for the teachers. I had my travel day notes to compose. I had emails, Facebook and the DIS to catch up on. I settled into bed with my trip notes, planning folder and phone.

That is the last thing I remember, so now the account is what L told me the next morning. L. was chastised by the other chaperones (my “friends”) for not taking photos or video, so we recreated some poses the following night.

Dee fell asleep sitting up, holding her phone. Eventually, her head slumped forward to the foot of the bed, and she was lying on the mattress amidst the paperwork strewn around her. She was holding a pen.

DSCF7372.JPG

I cleared away the papers from the bed. I tried to take the pen out of her hand, but she wouldn’t let go.

Then Dee started pointing and demanding her things back- “I need THAT green notebook. And my Mickey folder”

I didn’t know what to do, so I gave the things back to her.

Then she waved her hand over the papers and declared “These letters are all woozy”

DSCF7375.JPG

When I asked her about it the next morning, Dee didn’t remember any of this, but she proudly bragged

“I Can Organize This Trip in My Sleep!”

Put down any drinks you may be consuming, and if you happen to have a pair of Depends handy, you may want to get them.

Woozy: I had to sleep with one eye open. That's why I wear sunglasses.

This is what happened Sunday night after we got back from the Top of the World lounge.

I had my notebook and folder next to me in bed so I could write my trip notes. I took my sleeping pill and fell asleep holding my phone.

When the monkeys saw that I was asleep, ~Ninja took the phone out of my hand.

I kept repeating “I have my phone. I have my folder. I have work to do”

Then this happened…

Honestly, this is me fast asleep.

SB%201.jpg

Rebecca was amused that my thumb was in mid-text and I did not put my thumb down.

At one point Rebecca asked me how I was and I answered “Woozy”, the same word I used with my friend L. on the class trip.

The next few pictures are from the series "The Monkeys Decorate Dee"

SB2.jpg

SB3.jpg

SB4.jpg

SB5.jpg

The final product:

SB6.jpg

I don’t remember any of this and didn't realize what had happened until they showed me the pictures the next morning.

Monkey Christmas to All,
and to All a Good Night!

:santa:

Last edited:

Merry Christmas!!

LOL!!! Woozy and then some. We love you Dee. This was totally hilarious. Yes, the thumb did not move after removal of phone. I didn't Dis yesterday, so, reading this is my Christmas gift.

:grouphug::thumbsup2:goodvibes

Rebecca

Last edited:

TOP OF THE WORLD LOUNGE REPLIES

If you don't take it by yourself then it's not a selfie. ;)

It looks like you had a lovely evening at the Contemporary, a perfect end to a very busy day. The weather was perfect that night. We walked to DHS after dinner at Crews Cup and watched the Frozen fireworks.

I try to use the word selfie whenever I can. Nate hates the word. "They're just pictures!" so it has become a habit for me to say selfie as much as possible.

It was a wonderful day with good friends.

:grouphug:

Wow, what a wonderful end to a full day! That view is amazing, and bonus that you got to see the Electrical Water Parade and the fireworks. So amazing.

Looking forward to what comes next!

We are so lucky that Nannette took us up there. Absolutely amazing!

::yes::

Oh you and Cortana are something else lol.

What a view! We have friends who are DVC members and their home resort is BLT.

I can't wait to hear what is next.

Cortana and I are still working on our relationship. Surprisingly, she doesn't return my calls.

I just loved that view and I have seen some pretty incredible room views from BLT.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Dee - wow! You got some really awesome pictures that evening!

Thank you to Nannette for making that view possible. What a day, we really were busy, so fun!

How many monkeys does it take to use a Windows phone?

3, the answer is 3. Cortana??!?

I was really happy with the fireworks photos. Just from my point & shoot. I haven't seen Chim Chims pictures. Do you know if they are up on her account?

Yes, thank you so much, Nannette! This was such a great experience!!! And to you all for the great day.

Ha! I dispute your answer of “3”. I'm not sure we ever quite got it working. Although we were able to hail our Uber.

:laughing:

Those are some great views from the Top of the World Lounge! How lucky to be able to get in there!

You've only seen Wishes one other time?! Are you not a fireworks person?

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

The Top of the World lounge/outside deck is spectacular. I was so excited about this before the trip and I was not disappointed.

My family likes, but does not love, fireworks. We are early morning people and only in recent trips started to stay in the parks late. Magic Kingdom is usually a morning park for us, and then we go someplace else in the evening- usually Hollywood Studios or EPCOT since we stay at the Beach Club. And although we love Disney, we hate crowds. So that combination of factors has had us miss the fireworks.

I did see Nightastic, solo, in 2010, from the Poly beach after our family dined at Ohana. The only time we officially have seen the Wishes show was in 2013- we did the Dessert Party so we could avoid the crowds.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

:santa:

Sounds like a pretty full day! I've visited the Wilderness Lodge on a previous trip too, although have never stayed there either. I just saw Captain_Oblivious' pictures of the Yellowstone Lodge...it's easy to see where Disney got their inspiration for the WL.

I didn't even know about that Crew's Cup Lounge, but now I'll have to keep it in mind. And to go with a burger, kinda like Sci-Fi.

Loved the comment of "I thought you were my people"!

The fam and I went to TotW Lounge on our trip this past summer too. Such a cool view from up there. You got some great shots.

We really did have a full day, and that's the way I like it!

Within the last couple of years I have visited the Grand Californian, the Yellowstone Inn and the Wilderness Lodge. It has been fun to compare and contrast.

The Crews Cup works especially well for our group when we are having a DIS meet since most of our friends are staying at the Yacht or Beach Club for these visits.

I have made the "not a burger" mistake at both Crews Cup and Sci Fi, but I think I have learned my lesson.

We really enjoyed the "I thought you were my people comment" and continued to repeat it throughout the rest of the trip, and since. And I just discovered I used this phrase in my June class trip report, as I was taking the friendship boat from EPCOT to HS. I had a selfie of me and the Beach Club captioned "The Land of My People". I guess us people have a common language.

The TotW lounge is just an awesome place to check out the MK! My fireworks photos are usually nothing to write home about, but I thought these were ok. Can't wait to read about your trip there.

Brilliant views from the lounge and yummy grub from crews cup. I love their buffalo chicken nuggets and their burgers. Very tasty indeed. So looking forward to the next update ( smiling already) :)

Good to know about the buffalo chicken nuggets. I know they have these at a couple of quick serve places (one at HS). Have you ever tried them there.

I know you got a sneak preview of my story, but I have added more pictures to the update.

:rotfl:

Last edited:
WOOZY: A BEDTIME STORY - REPLIES

"I have to sleep with one eye open. That's why I wear sunglasses."

Oh my gosh you are hilarious!

Merry Christmas to you as well!

I was pretty impressed with what my monkeys were able to dream up. I was just one of the props.

Hope you had a great holiday!

:goodvibes:

Best update ever! :rotfl:

I think I agree.

Did you have any inkling of what was coming up? Did any of the monkeys spill it?

:rotfl2:

Merry Christmas!!

Did you notice, I changed and edited my final line?

Monkey Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night!

LOL!!! Woozy and then some. We love you Dee. This was totally hilarious. Yes, the thumb did not move after removal of phone. I didn't Dis yesterday, so, reading this is my Christmas gift.

:grouphug::thumbsup2:goodvibes

Rebecca

PHEW!!! Glad you enjoyed the gift, because I didn't get you anything else. :blush:

Love you, too!

And thank you for not allowing a certain monkey to do anything permanent!

Thanks for the "merry' stories on Christmas. ;) Two times in two Disney trips is just too funny. :)

You are most welcome!

In a way, it was thee times during Disney trips. In 2014, I had taken my sleeping pill at 11:00, fell asleep and then the fire alarm went off at the Beach Club at midnight. Rebecca and her mom had a little trouble waking me up. That is actually a little scary!

:scared1:

I think I agree.

Did you have any inkling of what was coming up? Did any of the monkeys spill it?

:rotfl2:

No inkling at all. You monkey's are a tight lipped group. I suspect because there are stories for each of you that are best kept in monkey land until they can be shared with caution. :)

Ok I can now breathe again ( at least enough to type)! Priceless update - particularly like the wee bag of beach club shampoos stashed in the bed beside you lol. You cut a fine figure in your flowery cap with your monkey friends!
Hope you had a very monkey Christmas too and thanks for the wonderful gift of laughter :)

Is an excellent idea. You must be getting excited about your trip!

I am!!!! Just five days. I made our airport limo reservation this morning - it's at 5:30 am on Saturday which is ridiculously early, but I know I'll be too excited to sleep anyway, so we might as well get ourselves onto that plane and head to WDW. And the bonus for this trip is that I will get to see a couple of Dis friends in person! Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!