Antics of the Orange Banded Monkeys: Heartbreaking News June 2017

Lol! So much fun!

Such a great morning!

:woohoo:

You guys and your pool shenanigans are hilarious

Thanks! We had a lot of fun. We got some interesting looks from our fellow swimmers.

:fish:

You guys are so funny! There were ducks swimming with you in the pool?!

Thanks! Our ringleader had a lot of great ideas (and props).

Yes, the lifeguards have a tough time keeping ducks out of Stormalong Bay. I'm not sure if this is also an issue at other resort pools. I know it is not great healthwise. Once in Mexico we shared our pool with a pelican!

:goodvibes:

Do you have any pictures of the bruises that were left on my body after the heinous pool noodle beating I experienced in the hot tub by a band of disgruntled resort guests?

( I didn't think so.... :confused3 :sad2: )

~NM

Of course not! Decent enforcers know how to apply a beating in places that can't be seen. Even in shower photos. Just sayin'

:eek:

It looks like you had a lot of fun. I'm sorry I missed it.

Is that "sorry" in quotes?

We would have loved for you to join us. I'm sure we could have found a bathing cap for you. Or you could have borrowed mine!

:lmao:

Love the latest update! That is the most adorable mermaid I've ever seen.

And what better place to take a nap than SAB!

This is just hilarious! I'll be on the lookout for flowered bathing caps in March. If I spot any, I'll know that's where the fun is!

In addition to this year's SAB Synchronized Pool Tube Team Practice on the previous page, here's the Flashback update from last year's "What Happens at the Beach Club" trip report. Just so you can see how much our off-season workout regimen has improved our performance:

Stormalong Bay Synchronized Swim Team, August 2014

Disclaimer: If you are currently consuming coffee, a soft drink or other beverage, you may want to put it down until the end of this update.

After everyone parted ways following breakfast, I went back to the room to change into my swimsuit. We had an important mission- our Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube Team scheduled our first official event for that night and we had not even had a single practice session yet! And the news was even more dire- NinjaMom and I were the only ones who showed up for practice! The rest all mumbled something about “theme parks” and “Fast Passes” and took off as quickly as they could in the opposite direction.

Once I had changed, I waited for my teammate in the lobby.

At last- I had a chance to visit with my favorite Cast Member and dear friend Teena! Of course, she was swarmed by other fans when I arrived… ScottMC was there, and another DISer, Mousegear and her son. Scott stayed for a little bit, then he was off to chase a Yeti or something. When Ninja arrived, we lined up for a photo. I haven’t asked Mousegear for permission to post pictures of her family, so I will block out their faces. This will also give them an opportunity to deny ever having met us if necessary.

I would like to point out a couple of important fashion statements- Ninja, of course, was sporting her official team t-shirt (I’ll wear mine later). My shirt has the image of a boat and the words M/V Teena Babes. Where did I get the shirt? It was given to me in a bag of hand-me-downs 3 or 4 years ago and it is just absolute coincidence that it is so meaningful to me.

We chatted for awhile, then figured we had monopolized Teena for long enough, so we parted ways. For now.

Ninja had to go back to her room for something and I followed her. When we got in I heard this strange noise coming from the closet. I opened up the door and was amazed to see a small black suitcase rocking back and forth. While my friend was in the “little ninjas room”, I slowly unzipped the case and out popped

Buzzy the Fly!

I don’t know how he got in there, but boy was he relieved to be released!

Having done my good deed for the day, it was off to Stormalong Bay!

When I next laid eyes on Ninja Mom, she had slipped into her subtle Ninja disguise. Whenever she is roaming the resort she cannot resist undoing the heinous acts of evildoers that occasionally inhabit the resort. The world is a safer place as she snatches up abandoned pool towels and scans the deck for illegal pool hoppers using her special Ninja Goggles. These Ninja Goggles help to hide her true identity, for if she was recognized she would end up spending the entire morning autographing Speedos and Mankinis.

Undetected, we made our way to the pool in search of the perfect spot to stash our flip flops and water wings. Finding a pool chair was thirsty work so we ordered up a batch of Sunken Treasures and told the Bartender to "Keep 'em comin!!"

I now present to you, the Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube Team

Warmups:

Arriving at Stormalong Bay, Ninja Mom prepares to do battle with the chair hogs.

Unfortunately the chair hogs are taking a new tack and trying to reserve chairs that they aren't using with Sunken Treasures. Rest assured Ninja Mom and I consumed every one of these cups in a selfless effort to thwart their "piggy-ness".

Here I am on the sandy play area of Stormalong Bay corrupting the morals of a pair of child eating alligators.

Never one to share, Ninja Mom rounds up all the unattended buckets so that just she can play with them.

Warmups completed, it was time to enter the water:

After beating Ninja Mom senseless with a pair of pool noodles I leap to the rescue of an unattended Sunken Treasure!

Ninja Mom fails in an attempt to find an artistic way to mount the pool tube for the Synchronized Pool Tube Team.

Here Ninja Mom narrowly averts an untimely death from a drive-by tubing collision. Both parties exchanged insurance information and were soon on their way.

Lacking the simple coordination needed to use a pool tube, Ninja Mom suffers yet another embarrassing wipe out.

Despite her valiant efforts to turn the lazy river into a bubbly jacuzzi, Ninja Mom fails once again and succeeds only in blowing a hole in her shorts and her mask completely off.

After alarming the lifeguards with her lack of pool tube prowess, it was agreed that Ninja Mom would stick to a pair of training noodles for the foreseeable future.

After another tough Synchronized Pool Tube Team practice Ninja Mom hits the training room for some much needed hydrotherapy.

Last edited:
I for one, am LOVING the early morning walk through of BC/YC!! Alllllllllll those pictures with no people! So gorgeous. I just want to jump in that empty Stormalong Bay, and the YC lobby is just so stunning.
While your caramel apple pancakes sound delicious, I'm mostly with you in liking savory over sweet (except for tonga toast!)
Yikes... Grumpy on desk duty? Not cool! What is your "proper" name. I'd love it if you came out with some crazy long name, like Her Royal Highness the honourable lady Diana Elizabeth Lynne de alla Venti Cardana Victoria Adelaide Mary Louisa the third of the Southern Isles, Consul for the Seventh Time, Imperator for the Eighth Time, Tribune for the Eighteenth Time. Yeah. That's your proper name buddy. Did you get all that? No I will not spell Adelaide for you, you grumpy old dwarf.

LOVE the pic in uniform with Teena!! Adorable. (And very much non-grumpy!)

I would have wanted to skip the bathing cap and lobby run. ;) But the rest of the pool party would have been fun.

Slacker!!!!!

~NM

There's always next time!

:goodvibes:

That is the most adorable mermaid I've ever seen.

And when will your new glasses be ready?

:rotfl:

And what better place to take a nap than SAB!

Well, many have taken a nap in the loungers next to SAB, but I'm not sure most people take a snooze while IN the lazy river.

:cat:

This is just hilarious! I'll be on the lookout for flowered bathing caps in March. If I spot any, I'll know that's where the fun is!

We can send you a bunch of flowered bathing caps (slightly used) if you want to start your own team.

::yes::

I remember last year's practice. It was like I was there! :)

We called for you out at the pool. "Janetmom!" "Janetmoooooommmmm!"

:cool2:

I forgot how completely hilarious last year's pool tube team practice was. :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

Oh my gosh, that was so much fun to read again!

Nothing easier than rehashing a chapter that was already posted!

:rotfl:

I for one, am LOVING the early morning walk through of BC/YC!! Alllllllllll those pictures with no people! So gorgeous. I just want to jump in that empty Stormalong Bay, and the YC lobby is just so stunning.
While your caramel apple pancakes sound delicious, I'm mostly with you in liking savory over sweet (except for tonga toast!)
Yikes... Grumpy on desk duty? Not cool! What is your "proper" name. I'd love it if you came out with some crazy long name, like Her Royal Highness the honourable lady Diana Elizabeth Lynne de alla Venti Cardana Victoria Adelaide Mary Louisa the third of the Southern Isles, Consul for the Seventh Time, Imperator for the Eighth Time, Tribune for the Eighteenth Time. Yeah. That's your proper name buddy. Did you get all that? No I will not spell Adelaide for you, you grumpy old dwarf.

LOVE the pic in uniform with Teena!! Adorable. (And very much non-grumpy!)

It is unbelievable how peaceful the lobbies are early in the morning.

I even find the Tonga toast to be a little too sweet. Pineapple-Freaking-Macadamia Nut pancakes for me!

The guy at the desk was a total jerk and not helpful! I like your answer. Actually my true proper name is included in the one you gave (Diana Lynne)

I love that picture with Teena, too. We had a lot of fun visiting with her that day. She had no idea we were going to be dressed like that. She thinks we are crazy

:confused3

Yes We Have No Bananas. We Have No Pineapples Either, so a Hot Fudge Sundae Will Have to Do!

:banana::banana::banana:

I apologize that there are not many photos in this update. And I apologize even more for the ones that are here.

After our “workout” we deserved a treat.

A few weeks before our trip, one of our friends on the FAQ board informed us that Frozen treats, including the coveted D*le Wh*ps were now available at Stormalong Bay!!! They were being served at the window that had previous sold Poolside gifts and most recently had been an office for the recreation staff at the pool. Due to some licensing rights, they were not allowed to call them D*le Wh*ps, but according to everyone who tried them, a pineapple treat by another name still tastes as sweet.

We went over to the booth and found the window… closed.

There were a couple of CMs standing around so we asked when the sales window would open and we were told “2 pm. If we have adequate staffing”

We never did see the window open and recent reports are that the frozen pineapple treats are no longer sold at SAB. It was good while it lasted. At least I assume so, since I never got a chance to check it out myself.

Rebecca returned to the room to shower and change and the remaining monkeys decided to soothe our disappointment by splitting a hot fudge sundae from Beaches & Cream for lunch. One of my deep-dark-not-so-secrets is that I have never had a meal, or an ice cream in B&C. Since we ate outside, I’m not sure if this counts as my first time dining at B&C or not.

WP_20150830_016.jpg

The afternoon awaited. I didn’t have park tickets for this two day trip, and we had our FAQ DISmeet scheduled for 5:30 that night, so we just had a short window of time to kill.

My friends knew that I had never stepped foot in the Grand Floridian resort or the Wilderness Lodge. They suggested that we go and explore one or both. To be honest, I have no interest in going to the GF. I have always wanted to check out the WL, especially since our stay the previous year at the similar Grand Californian and our visit to the Old Faithful Inn at Yellowstone, but my boys are not interested in going to a resort just to look around. So my friends and I decided to take a trip there.

Ninja opted to stay back and rest, and she went in to the bathroom while we were getting ready to leave.

All of a sudden we heard a scream from the bathroom. “Come quick! Bring your camera!”

Thinking that the Beach Club Villas pond alligator was making an appearance in the shower with Ninja Mom I stood ready to capture this appearance for the cover of Monthly Activities Schedule for September. Unfortunately it was only Matthew McConaughey who managed to slip out of the shower seconds before my camera powered up. Sadly, I was left with only this shot.

My sincerest apologies for what I am about to do. To you. Because once this picture has been seen it cannot be UNSEEN!

DSCF9172.jpg

I call this picture “Psycho: The Shower Scene”

It was time for us to leave. We arranged for an Uber ride to take us to the WL. This would start the cycle of us all referring each other to Uber to earn free trips.

Next up: Exploring the Wilderness Lodge and “Cortana!”

Last edited:
You guys are hilarious!

The only time I've had beaches and cream was when we did the kitchen sink. Since we are staying at the yacht club in January I hope to go there again to try some other things.

I have never been to the GF or WL either but will be at the GF in January because we have breakfast there.

Nightmares!! That's what I'm having tonight I tell ya!! I'm going to be chased by psychomom wearing nout but a shower curtain:eek:
I should add that your last post had me laughing so hard I snorted!!!! Lol

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts