Anthem of the Seas

keighttf

Mouseketeer
We just booked our first Royal Caribbean cruise on the Anthem of the Seas on 11/28/21.
We have a one year old daughter that can’t get vaccinated yet so we plan on mainly hanging out in the room/balcony and maybe on deck. I of course have some questions and probably will have more as we get closer. We booked a grand suite so we can also get MDR food from room service.

Are there any restaurants with outdoor seating on board?

What does priority boarding and departure mean?

What time do rooms open on boarding day, especially with COVID I know this may be different? We may want to time our port arrival so we can go straight to the room. We are still being very cautious traveling and want to avoid crowds.

What dining options are available on boarding day? Is room service?

Thanks!

Has anyone ever requested a high chair to have in the grand suite? Any luck? Any experience with a portable high chair?

Has anyone ever requested a high chair to have in the grand suite? Any luck? Any experience with a portable high chair?

Never seen high chairs in rooms just pack and plays. I would bring one if you need it.

Rooms are typically ready around 1.

Room service is typically not available for lunch on boarding day. Restaurants available will vary.

We’re getting really excited about our cruise! Our first since 8/19 and our first on Royal Caribbean.

I’m trying to figure out all of our drink options. I already decided, particularly with our plans stay mostly in the room and veranda, that we wouldn’t get our monies worth of the drink package.
Currently I am planning on getting a water package to be delivered to the room, bring on 12 pack of soda, and getting a 12 pack of coke through the mini bar order form.
What options do I have for included beverages?
Coffee and tea in the room?
Drinks in the suite lounge?
Any drinks included in room service for breakfast? With getting dinner from MDR from room service? Lunch or room service at other times?
From windjammer?

A few other questions,
What brand of tea do they have on board? Where is the suite lounge and what do I need to know about it? Where is the suite pool deck and what do I need to know about it? Any other perks for staying in a grand suite that I need to know about?

Any information would be very helpful!

If you are in a grand suite and above, they offer free drinks in the lounge from 11 to 11 typically so you can get water and sodas, wine, and beer for free. They also have a cappuccino machine. I'm not sure with covid-19 if they've changed their hours. But I don't think you need a water and soft drink package if you're in a suite, unless you don't want to go up there.

They also offer complimentary cocktails off of the beverage menu in the evening along with hors d'oeuvres from 5 to about 8:30.

The last time we cruised we did the unlimited alcohol package and it was a bit of a waste for us we don't drink that much. We normally do the refreshment package so we can get the fresh squeezed orange juice and soft drinks etc outside of lounge.

I don't remember the tea on board but it was a generic black tea.

Coastal kitchen is your big perk. It's complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner. They have their own menu and the concierge will book your times.

You also have complimentary main dining room room service and room service delivery to your suite. It includes coffee and tea but other beverages are charged.

The Winjammer does not deliver.

You get one free Wi-Fi connection per person.

Another perk is dedicated arrival and departure Lanes and early arrival again not sure with covid-19 if they're doing anything special here.

We love cruising in the suites.. the concierges take care of everything like specialty dining reservations and booking excursions.

You will have a great time, enjoy!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter