Anthem of the Seas -- partial or obstructed balcony

RedSox68

Retired 2021 -- All the Time to Travel Now!
Anyone done this? I know what this means on the Disney ships -- you get a good price for an almost full balcony with a slight metal overhang. But what do these look like on this ship? What is the "partial obstruction" and does it really affect your view or comfort on the balcony?

Thanks.

The obstructed view balconies are on deck 6. The life boats obstruct the bottom half of your view, but you definitely still get a good amount of ocean. If it's a significant savings I would do it.

Anthem is a fabulous ship - Quantum Class is the most well rounded class of ship I've been on. I give Oasis Class a slight edge but would go back on Anthem in a heartbeat. Enjoy!

The obstructed view balconies are on deck 6. The life boats obstruct the bottom half of your view, but you definitely still get a good amount of ocean. If it's a significant savings I would do it.

Anthem is a fabulous ship - Quantum Class is the most well rounded class of ship I've been on. I give Oasis Class a slight edge but would go back on Anthem in a heartbeat. Enjoy!

Thank you. So basically it just obstructs your view looking down? If it's a full balcony with full on ocean views looking out, then that is a good deal.

Do you know how many passengers Anthem carries -- I can't seem to find it on their website.

This video shows what the view is like:

Anthem has a max passenger capacity of 4,180.

There are obstructed cabins on deck 7 as well and the obstructions aren't nearly as bad. We originally had a deck 7 obstructed balcony cabin on Ovation booked but took advantage of a price drop to move to deck 11.

Even on deck 6 some of the cabins are more obstructed than others so it is worth it to try to find out information on the particular cabin you are looking at to see what percentage is obstructed. We found we could live with the deck 7 obstructions and the price difference was worth it at the time of booking. But 6 months later when prices dropped we decided to make the move.

There are obstructed cabins on deck 7 as well and the obstructions aren't nearly as bad. We originally had a deck 7 obstructed balcony cabin on Ovation booked but took advantage of a price drop to move to deck 11.

Even on deck 6 some of the cabins are more obstructed than others so it is worth it to try to find out information on the particular cabin you are looking at to see what percentage is obstructed. We found we could live with the deck 7 obstructions and the price difference was worth it at the time of booking. But 6 months later when prices dropped we decided to make the move.

Good to know.

We had 2 connected obstructed view balcony rooms on deck 6 last Thanksgiving. As other posters mentioned, the obstruction was only on looking down. Plus the price was excellent.

We loved the rooms so much, we booked the exact same 2 rooms for this Thanksgiving. We paid $4000 total for both rooms (2 in each room). Plus we received $600 of OBC, free gratuties and a speciality dinner for each room between RCL and our agent. We did book onboard during black Friday. Cant wait, only 6 weeks from Sat.

Joe

We have obstructed view on Anthem for Thanksgiving. My parents had the same view for Thanksgiving on Anthem 2017 and didn't mind the life boat in the way. For the price ($3200 for 4 people), I couldn't pass it up.

57EFB680-9A7D-4BE7-B3A3-62E106A62E23.jpeg 2210B619-4443-44F3-A725-7352D3843FD7.jpeg 01BC433F-BC9F-42BD-9376-46C186E32551.jpeg I stayed in room 6170 and loved its location, the room itself and the balcony. The obstruction didn't bother me at all. The balcony on this room is bigger than others in this category due to the layout of the ship. (When you look at the deck plans, you will notice that some rooms in this category have bigger balconies.) I would book this same room again if I ever went back on the Anthem.

We have obstructed view on Anthem for Thanksgiving. My parents had the same view for Thanksgiving on Anthem 2017 and didn't mind the life boat in the way. For the price ($3200 for 4 people), I couldn't pass it up.
I guess I will see you on the boat. We are just down the hall 6 or 7 rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter