Ant and Dec TV show LIVE from Magic Kingdom in April

WDWFantasmicFan

Uber Disney Fan
As announced today, Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway (a popular Saturday evening show in the UK), will be broadcasting their season finale from the Magic Kingdom! I believe this will be on the 1st April 2017, but not 100% sure. So if you are in the park that day, be sure to look out for all the filming and live broadcast!

Also, Ant and Dec filmed a promo from the Magic Kingdom in January, using the Move It! Shake It! Float in front of Cinderella Castle. Did anyone see/hear anything? Haven't read about it, so wondering whether it was before the park opened maybe!

For those of you who didn't see the announcement on the show tonight, here it is;

Last edited:
UPDATE:

The finale show of Saturday Night Takeaway will be live from Magic Kingdom on 8th April 2017 at 7pm BST (2pm EDT). Looking at the WDW calendar, FoF will only perform at 5pm although MRFF is at 2pm and 4:15pm. MiSiDaPi is not scheduled for that whole week. Not sure exactly what that all says about the location of the broadcast, i'm sure we'll know nearer the time...

Last edited:

UPDATE 29th March 2017:
Looking through the Magic Kingdom calendar again;

MiSiDaPi is only performing once on Saturday 8th at 7:15pm and FoF is only performing at 5pm that day. MRFF is scheduled for 12:45pm (1hr 15m before the live show), and again at 4pm (which will be after the live show). This seems to confirm rumors that the Ant and Dec live show will be broadcast from Main Street USA and Cinderella Castle Stage.

WDW Railroad is also not operational between 1:15pm and 3:30pm on that day, so looks like something may be aboard the train or at the train station.

Now for the BIG question-will the Ant & Dec Guests get the $75.00 per night Gift Cards?!lol:)

Wahh! I love Ant and Dec, totally bummed I'll miss them by a few weeks - their US visits are few and far between!

Information has been released re. schedule changes throughout the next week as Ant and Dec prepare to broadcast live on Saturday 8th...

- Live show from Town Square, so expect to see lighting, staging, audio equipment etc. set up throughout the next week.
- Audience has been preselected, but park guests may view a live stream of the show at Rocket Tower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland on Saturday 8th.
- Many entertainment changes have been made throughout the coming week, check MDE for details.

April 2-9
- Flag pole moved to City Hall with an audio-only flag retreat.
- Town Square characters moved throughout the park.

April 8 only
- 5pm Festival of Fantasy
- 6pm Flag Retreat (City Hall)
- 7:15pm ONLY - Move It, Shake It.

I'll update this thread with further details when I get any.

Majority won't know them. Would be such a good opportunity to get to say hi!! Like when Take That did the car pool skit in La. I sooo wish I was there!

Work has begun to get the Magic Kingdom ready for Ant and Dec's show on Saturday! The whole of Town Square has been ripped out! Photo from @Bioreconstruct on Twitter

C8a6Zw4XcAA4WtQ.jpg

Ok....that video teared me up. Looks like a great show. I will be watching the finale however I can.

I am hoping to post the whole show on YouTube as soon as I can after the live show (it'll probably be up Sunday or Monday...), so i'll share on here once its up!
That will be great and I'll relay it back to the VIPs involved with the show. They still talk about how nice you were to record the "best portion" of the show for them. ;)

Work has begun to get the Magic Kingdom ready for Ant and Dec's show on Saturday! The whole of Town Square has been ripped out! Photo from @Bioreconstruct on Twitter

C8a6Zw4XcAA4WtQ.jpg

Is this for real? I thought it might be a late April Fool's joke or something. We are at MK on Thurseday (4/6). Is this area closed off all week? This is prime Wishes! viewing location.

I'll be there on Friday afternoon probably either in front or behind that plant wall.

ETA: oops, just added Sat too.

Last edited:
Is this for real? I thought it might be a late April Fool's joke or something. We are at MK on Thurseday (4/6). Is this area closed off all week? This is prime Wishes! viewing location.
Yep, this is for real! They have cleared this area for the Saturday Night Takeaway crew to install a stage and associated lighting/AV rigging ready for Saturdays show. This area will be closed off until early next week I am being told. I'd recommend (if its still open on Thursday), standing up on the Train Station looking down Main Street for Wishes!, as the flagpole is down, so uninterrupted view!

Wow, for them to go to so much effort for an overseas tv promotion, bookings must be really down from the UK! As a UK visitor I was surprised to be invited by Disney to enter a prize draw for this event. They were picking three UK winners for the Disney-run competition who would all receive 4 transatlantic flights with Virgin Atlantic, 4 x 6-day park passes, a standard room for 4 at CBR, and a Disney card with $2,500 on it. Sadly, it doesn't look as if I won...

Wow, for them to go to so much effort for an overseas tv promotion, bookings must be really down from the UK! As a UK visitor I was surprised to be invited by Disney to enter a prize draw for this event. They were picking three UK winners for the Disney-run competition who would all receive 4 transatlantic flights with Virgin Atlantic, 4 x 6-day park passes, a standard room for 4 at CBR, and a Disney card with $2,500 on it. Sadly, it doesn't look as if I won...
It is not a TV promotion, it is the finale show of a very popular UK variety show, which regularly gets over 7 million viewers. Over the past 5 weeks, they have given out flights, park passes, CBR stays and Disney gift cards to over 200 people. It is nothing to do with uk bookings, last year they did their finale show from a cruise ship.

It is not a TV promotion, it is the finale show of a very popular UK variety show, which regularly gets over 7 million viewers. Over the past 5 weeks, they have given out flights, park passes, CBR stays and Disney gift cards to over 200 people. It is nothing to do with uk bookings, last year they did their finale show from a cruise ship.

Previous poster said they were a UK visitor. Pretty sure they know what Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway is :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!