Another Thread about Crocs [Sorry!]

DisneyFan06

<font color=magenta>I think I can pretty much draw
I am going to Disney July 15 - Animal Kingdom. I have really been reading up on Crocs Footwear and I think I may decided to purchase a pair specifically for this adventure. I would really like to know if anyone has wore them at the park for a whole day? I plan to be at the park from Opening until Closing then heading over to the Magic Kingdom to finish off our evening. How were they? Did they feel good? Give me the good! :rotfl2: Also, did you wear socks with yours? Thanks!

Also, I noticed they have several different types. What type would you suggest for such a trip? I was thinking Athens.

DisneyFan06 said:
I am going to Disney July 15 - Animal Kingdom. I have really been reading up on Crocs Footwear and I think I may decided to purchase a pair specifically for this adventure. I would really like to know if anyone has wore them at the park for a whole day? I plan to be at the park from Opening until Closing then heading over to the Magic Kingdom to finish off our evening. How were they? Did they feel good? Give me the good! :rotfl2: Also, did you wear socks with yours? Thanks!
I love them. I wore them all 10 days. I tried socks but not as comfy. I did use body glide though. They are made w/something treated w/antibacterial so no smelley feet. They get kinda squishy when warm so after a day in parks my DD said it was like walking in play do-which I liked. I got beach style. I am thinking about the flip flop style thought too.

We just got back. DD9, DS6 and I all wore them everyday! :thumbsup2 We have beach style and LOVED them. :banana: :banana: :cool1: We were there for Tropical Storm Alberto, we never had to worry about squishy wet shoes and socks!! The water drained right out and our feet were dry again! :cheer2:

I've found my crocs are great for standing for long periods of time but when I try to walk long distances in them my ankles and calves get very sore. Not enough ankle support for me, I guess. But others have worn them at WDW and swear by them so I guess it depends on your particular needs.

I am looking to purchase some online. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on what website I should order from. Is there a website that is cheaper than the Offical Croc Shoes Website? :confused3

I have the Beach, Niles, Aspens, and Athens models and have worn all four styles at WDW. The Beach and Aspens are by far the most comfortable. Both pairs of my Niles gave me blisters just beneath my big toes where they have a little ridge on the sole bed. Both pairs of my Athens gave me a hot spot at the bottom of my big toe on my left foot. My mom also has all four styles and her Athens gave her a hot spot in the exact same place. She can wear her Niles all day without problem, but says they both feel significantly smaller than her other Crocs. The Beach I wear with and without socks, but the Aspens I've worn only with socks, which may be why they are the most comfortable.

My Niles and Athens are fine around here for short distances, but I've tried wearing them longer distances to walk my dog and after a couple of miles my feet get the same hot spots. My Beach and Aspens I can wear all day and never feel them.

I would also be sure to try them on. I have two pairs of Niles both a size eight, but my red ones feel larger than my blues ones. I always wear an eight, but my Aspens are size 9. My mom also had to get a size larger in the Aspens. She has two pairs of Athens and one is larger than the other, whereas both pairs of my Athens feel exactly the same.

I might just get the Cayman Type. Anyone have these and can tell me about them? :confused3 I am down to 22 days and I really need to start making my mind. Thanks. :cheer2:

DisneyFan06 said:
I am looking to purchase some online. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on what website I should order from. Is there a website that is cheaper than the Offical Croc Shoes Website? :confused3

I don't think you'll find them cheaper, but I have read a lot of people having to wait a month+ to get them from the Crocs official website. You may want to try zappos.com or nofeargear.com since you are getting close to your trip. Do you have a Dick's Sporting Goods near you? Also check your mall for any Crocs kiosks because they sometime sell them there. I would avoid the Cros website though just incase. Have a great trip!

I just got my first pair of Beach Crocs in the mail yesterday. Based on advice here I order mine from www.extremefootwear.com. They were $29.99 with free shipping. I ordered them around 4pm on Monday and got they yesterday(Thursday.) I haven't really worn them much but so far they are so comfortable I love them! (And I said I'd never get a pair.) :blush:

I got mine Friday and wore them to work for 16 hours. I worked a double shift in the hospital, and I can honestly say they are the most comfortable things I've had on my feet. Usually my feet hurt for a good three hours after working, but I didn't feel like I'd been on them for very long at all that day. I got the Beach type.

Okay. I purchased some Athens online from a website but now I am starting to wonder. Walking around Animal Kingdom all day in Flops. Are they that comfortable? Should I consider a different type like Beach or Cayman?

I have two pairs of the Beach style, and they were the only shoes I brought along on my 3 day Disneyland trip last fall. I wore them with and without socks, and I was the only person on our trip who wasn't complaining of sore, tired feet by the end of the trip. :)

Whats the difference between BEach and Cayman? They look the same to me

The only difference between the Beach and Caymen's other than the decoration at the top by your ankle is the sizing. The Caymen (which I own) comes in actual sizes - 6, 7, 8 whereas the Beach comes in S, M, L.

Just thought I would mention the Airwalk version of crocs from Payless. It's called the garden clog there. I think they are WAY more comfortable than true Crocs and MUCH cheaper! They are like the beach type.

Tried the Airwalks....they are like walking in cardboard.............crocs are ever so much bouncier. But to each his own. Wore mine last August to WDW and never had one ache....and I have two baaaaaad knees. I bought several pair this year and have been wearing them to Curves to work out and to work - I teach...you can't stand all day if your feet and legs hurt.

Yea, crocs...........I'm a believer!!!!

WantToGoNow said:
The only difference between the Beach and Caymen's other than the decoration at the top by your ankle is the sizing. The Caymen (which I own) comes in actual sizes - 6, 7, 8 whereas the Beach comes in S, M, L.

Cayman is slightly narrower - not narrow by any means, but if you have a narrow foot it might fit better. Beach S is too small for me, Beach M is way too big but Cayman 8 is perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter