Another possible drowning - Disney Fantasy ******UPDATE

The paper posted an update with pictures.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-chase-lykken-drown-20130507,0,7983671.story

For the life of me, I don't know what this lady was thinking when she posted this to Chase's FB page:

"Mary Bennie Musgrave
I live in Orlando. I wanted you to know the Orlando Sentinel newspaper has a story on your family . Looks like Disney has tapes of you all by the elevators and the pool. Does not sound good for your family, what they had printed."

I mean, I can understand discussing it here, or wherever, but to post that kind of comment on their FB? Isn't the family dealing with enough already and can't she understand that maybe they are dealing with their own guilt? Is she expecting a response from the family?

I just don't understand. :confused3

The paper posted an update with pictures.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-chase-lykken-drown-20130507,0,7983671.story

For the life of me, I don't know what this lady was thinking when she posted this to Chase's FB page:

"Mary Bennie Musgrave
I live in Orlando. I wanted you to know the Orlando Sentinel newspaper has a story on your family . Looks like Disney has tapes of you all by the elevators and the pool. Does not sound good for your family, what they had printed."

I mean, I can understand discussing it here, or wherever, but to post that kind of comment on their FB? Isn't the family dealing with enough already and can't she understand that maybe they are dealing with their own guilt? Is she expecting a response from the family?

I just don't understand. :confused3

That really is bizarre and incredibly insensitive. I hope someone just removes that comment from the facebook page.

I would certainly not want to see pictures of our last happy family moments and then the frantic search if I were them. The comments sound very accusatory. Why would the author want to inflict more pain?

Telling the family the article exists is ok. Maybe private nessaging would have been better. The poster's comment on FB was unnecessary.

I'm not sure what tge tone of the articke is saying.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards

I'm quite sure, the family was aware of the article and it's content. Why does some hate-filled, nosy Nellie feel the need to bash them...on their son's FB page?

I've been following his progress on their facebook page. He's improved a lot since the drowning. Its truly incredible.

Thanks so much for posting the video! I have also been keeping up with the family on facebook. The parents are so inspiring - such a strong faith in the face of terrible odds. They don't mention at all that it was a Disney ship. I wonder if Disney has been in touch with the family and if they've provided any assistance. Not that they are responsible, but just to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter