Another Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg question-find me a great hotel pool

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
We live about an hour and 1/2 from Pigeon Forge and go several times a year, but NEVER spend the night. We originally were going as a large group for several days, but things have changed and now it's just the 4 of us going for one night. We'd like a great hotel but our biggest "need" is a great pool area.......a lazy river too would be great. My boys love the pool!! Oh, free breakfast is important too. Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg---doesn't matter. thanks so much!

UPDATE: Giving this a friendly bump!! We are thinking of going in a few weeks and finding a pool with an NICE indoor pool is a must. Anyone been lately and can give a good recommendation? thanks!

Honestly - most of the hotels have nice pools - many with lazy rivers. Hotels are SO plentiful here, as long as you are not coming in on a holiday weekend, you could get here and choose your hotel.

The Bearskin Lodge in Gatlinburg has a nice lazy river (small)... Fairfield in Gatlinburg has a great pool area. My cousin and his wife stayed at the Red Roof Suites in PF - they are brand new and have a nice pool - rooms are nice, too!

MY vote goes to Bearskin Lodge. It's location was perfect. Close enough to walk to most attractions, but not to close. Free breakfast; make your own waffles, the staff was very friendly, clean, lazyriver (not huge, but big enough), and most important affordable. Also it's a minute drive to the mountain, if not less.

This year was the first time we went to Gatlinburg and we will be going again next yr. We plan to stay in Bearskin Lodge again.

Have a great trip!!!

We just returned Friday from the Music Road Hotel in Pigeon Forge. My DD(6) absolutely loved the pool: water slide, lazy river, diving board, rubberized pool bottom and sides so you won't bump your head/hurt your feet. The best part was that several areas around the pool was only 3 feet deep, she is not the best swimmer (yet) and this gave both her and her over protective mom (me) added confidence in her abilities.

I don't know the age of your sons, but I would recommend the hotel.

By the way, I forgot to mention the inside pool is open 24 hrs. and has a whirlpool. We enjoyed the outside pool so much though that we didn't checkout the inside one.

Enjoy your stay.

Giving this a friendly bump!! We are thinking of going in a few weeks and finding a pool with an NICE indoor pool is a must. Anyone been lately and can give a good recommendation? thanks!

We also are in East TN also but unfortunately lately have only had day trips or we stay outside of town. I have heard Park Tower Inn has an indoor pool and lazy river and have read good reviews about it but cannot confirm since we have not stayed. You may want to check reviews on tripadvisor or yahoo. Good luck!!

We have stayed at Park Tower several times and have always loved it! The pool is what sets it apart from the rest, the indoor lazy river and hot tub!:banana:

We have rented a cabin from Timber Tops twice before and have been very pleased with the quality of the cabins. Once we stayed in one that had a covered outdoor pool(for year round use). We didn't use it--it was June so we didn't need it, but thought it would be nice for a winter stay(the downside would be you'd have to go outside to get to it!). They have a TON of cabins scattered across Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge so if you are interested in being in the area with that pool you should tell the reservationist.

I don't think I can post a link but if you google Timber Tops Cabins it will come up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter