Another Photopass ?

mimichan

Mouseketeer
I read on another board that it's much cheaper to buy the photopass CD at the park instead of waiting to buy it online when you return home. The only difference though is if you buy the CD at the park, you won't have the option to add borders and such to your pictures. Can anyone confirm this? Also, what is the current price of the CD if you buy it in the park? I read that if you buy it online after you get home it costs $124.99. I'm wondering if it's better to wait until we return home or just buy it in the park.

In May we got ours for 69.xx and we got 3 printed 5x7. We did pick the boarders for our printed pictures.

I have heard that if you register online and don't order, you get an email with a code for a discount to order your cd at home.

Now, I'm not sure if it is because we ordered the CD in the park or not....but we registered our photopass while still at DL via our laptop....and we never got said coupon.

Just wondering if those of you who recently went to DL took advantage of photopass and could maybe answer some of my questions. I still don't know if it's better to purchase the CD in the park or wait until I return home. I'd appreciate any help on this.

I'm no expert but it was $125 when I came home in May. I have also heard that the copies in the park are much cheaper. They never emailed me a discount code for the cd... just an email I think for a 5x7 deal (that was cheaper than it normally is but not exactly "sale price." LOL) I didn't know you could get the cds done in the parks at the time.

I only had a few pictures on my card so I never bought my cd online either (wasn't worth the $125)... I was going to get a couple 5x7's but I forgot and missed the deadline/expiration by a day. So just a heads up - make sure you buy your photos in time. They really do expire after the 30 days (? I think it was 30 days, anyway).

Just bumping up to see if anyone else has any info they could share regarding the photopass CD. Thanks!

I bought a cd in the park last week. The cost was $79.95 which was a cd plus 3 5x7 pictures. I had an annual pass, so it reduced it by 10%. The total came to $77.53. I am looking online, right now, and the cd is $124.95. Wow! What a big difference! You can add graphics to any of the pictures and all are saved. So, you would have the original photos plus the ones you add graphics to. You can also buy greeting cards, photo books, photo movies and prints.

Hope this is what you were looking for!

I bought a cd in the park last week. The cost was $79.95 which was a cd plus 3 5x7 pictures. I had an annual pass, so it reduced it by 10%. The total came to $77.53. I am looking online, right now, and the cd is $124.95. Wow! What a big difference! You can add graphics to any of the pictures and all are saved. So, you would have the original photos plus the ones you add graphics to. You can also buy greeting cards, photo books, photo movies and prints.

Hope this is what you were looking for!

Thanks for this info. From the info you're giving me it seems worth it to purchase the CD in the park vs. waiting to purchase it online after returning home. I just wanted to make sure that we'd still be able to add borders and graphics and such to the pictures since I read that this was only possible if you purchase the CD online. Thanks again!

Thanks for this info. From the info you're giving me it seems worth it to purchase the CD in the park vs. waiting to purchase it online after returning home. I just wanted to make sure that we'd still be able to add borders and graphics and such to the pictures since I read that this was only possible if you purchase the CD online. Thanks again!

So you can add borders and graphics when you purchase the cd in the parks? Do you add them in the parks or online?

When I purchase the cd in the park, I didn't ask for borders. I did not want them. But, I did ask if I wanted prints with the borders, I can access them online and I was told yes. And then, you have to pay for them with the borders.

I did buy 3 5x7 pictures with the cd. I could have asked for a different picture with border for each of the 3, but ordered for family of one picture.

I can look at the photopass website with my pictures if you have more questions. I don't mind.

I am looking at my pictures I purchased on cd. The pictures where we are "holding" Tinkerbelle has Tink in our hands. The pictures we took with Capt Jack Sparrow has a border that sez "I met Capt Jack Sparrow at the Disneyland Resort" at the bottom. And "Disney Pirates of the Caribbean" at the top. The border is neat! So, those were automically added.

Photopass confuses me. I need a class in it.

I've read through bradk's info about it, but it's so WDW-specific that it's impossible to know if it's the same at DL nor not (obviously the locations aren't).

OK so how about this option (remember, i'm confused already so if this makes NO sense, that's why)...I think that you can check things out online even whiel you're in the middle of your stay, yes? So during the stay you're having pix taken, etc, then each night you go online and check it out, make sure each card (if you get more than one) is on your account, CAN YOU mess with things at that point, add borders, etc? Do that each night. Then at the end (which is when we'll have upgraded to APs) buy the CD for the lower cost (where does one do this, by the way?)?

Is that possible?

Sorry to put my own questions in the OP's thread, but maybe answers will help us all?

Photopass confuses me. I need a class in it.

I've read through bradk's info about it, but it's so WDW-specific that it's impossible to know if it's the same at DL nor not (obviously the locations aren't).

OK so how about this option (remember, i'm confused already so if this makes NO sense, that's why)...I think that you can check things out online even whiel you're in the middle of your stay, yes? So during the stay you're having pix taken, etc, then each night you go online and check it out, make sure each card (if you get more than one) is on your account, CAN YOU mess with things at that point, add borders, etc? Do that each night. Then at the end (which is when we'll have upgraded to APs) buy the CD for the lower cost (where does one do this, by the way?)?

Is that possible?

Sorry to put my own questions in the OP's thread, but maybe answers will help us all?

When you go into the park and see the photographers, they now have a card. It is called a "Disney Photopass". (the website is www.disneypohotopass.com) Each time they take your picture, they scan the number on the card. We were there for 4 days. On the 4th day, I went to the Main Street Photo shop. You can look at all of your pictures at that time, or any time. The photographers are taking multiple pictures now instead of just one or two. We had a bunch by the end of our trip that were taken all four days. You had asked about going online and adding borders each day. I do believe the border pictures are saved. Stop in to the Main Street Photo and ask them about the pictures you save with the borders. That would be a great idea if one could add what you save to the disk you buy.

YES...

you can register your photopass before your trip is over and view all your pictures on a laptop or computer at the hotel.

we did this and actually registered 3 cards as we had 2 parties collecting pics at the same time and then one day we forgot both of them in the room.

i looked at the pics the first night we were there and throughout our week long stay. i bought the CD at the park on the last day. i had actually planned on buying online until i saw the great deal in the park.

HOWEVER, i did not attempt to edit/add borders and then purchase in the park. that is actually a great question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!