Another package to try, this one for Festival of the Lion King **(reviews start on page 5)**

Has anyone been able to book? I Check Availability, get times to show up and no matter which one I click on, all it does it take me back to the page to search for times. I Check Availability, same times show up again, and same thing, over and over.

Exact same thing happening to me - I see you're going to use DSS to book this - I wish we were staying CL this fall! I don't feel like calling - hopefully the system will be up and running soon. I think that this would fit perfect for our family as we love all of the items listed - plus I'm a sucker for sparking wine! DH won't drink his so that'll be for me too! ;-)

Exact same thing happening to me - I see you're going to use DSS to book this - I wish we were staying CL this fall! I don't feel like calling - hopefully the system will be up and running soon. I think that this would fit perfect for our family as we love all of the items listed - plus I'm a sucker for sparking wine! DH won't drink his so that'll be for me too! ;-)
LOL... I'll be getting DH's too! He drinks but not wine (says it's too much like communion :rolleyes1)

We LOVED the DHS one (food was great) and I figured it was a perfect fit for TSL, especially to have the land less crowded with young families (they could offer breakfast after ride time at PizzaRizzo or Commissary). I was shocked there wasn't and isn't a Pandora one, especially since they no longer serve breakfast there, perfect setup. Come SWL they could sell one there every single morning and fill it up.
I am shocked too that they haven't extended EMM to the other parks.

Seems like a no brainer and not much effort needed to try it out.

#3, not at all. Not even close. Having done several safari's with animal experts vs. the usual safari guides there is a signifiant difference. Is there a monetary value to it? Not really I guess but seeing how the meal at Tiffins is already practically equal to the cost of the package I look at the safari and the show as throw in's. And I can use my FP for Safari on something else.

No way am I a newbie. Nomad is a great lounge but by no means does it replace/duplicate Tiffins meal.
The prix fixe lunch at Tiffins is $35.

So essentially $99 per person for a 3 course meal and 1 alcoholic drinks at Tiffins is the deal. Nah I'm good
The mental gymnastics are mind-boggling. Lunch at Tiffins is $35. You can ride the safari unlimited times with the price of your park admission and the only bad seats in the FoTLK theater are the first few rows. I guess that's what people call Disney math.

I know this was just offered starting today, but does anyone know about the "safari ride with the guide" as a part of the Tier 1 package.

I was wondering at what time of day this took place? I was wondering if this was like the "Sunrise Safari" that they used to offer to AKL Club Level guests. (man, I miss that offer!) That one was really unique as they took as much time as needed to see the animals and not just kept a schedule because the next ride vehicle was behind you. And it was offered before the park opened, so you could see the animals while they were just let out on to the savanna after being in their barns all evening.

So I was wondering if anyone has heard any more about that part of the package.

~D

I know this was just offered starting today, but does anyone know about the "safari ride with the guide" as a part of the Tier 1 package.

I was wondering at what time of day this took place? I was wondering if this was like the "Sunrise Safari" that they used to offer to AKL Club Level guests. (man, I miss that offer!) That one was really unique as they took as much time as needed to see the animals and not just kept a schedule because the next ride vehicle was behind you. And it was offered before the park opened, so you could see the animals while they were just let out on to the savanna after being in their barns all evening.

So I was wondering if anyone has heard any more about that part of the package.

~D
It says that you will leave your showing of the Lion King and go from there to the specially guided Safari.

It says that you will leave your showing of the Lion King and go from there to the specially guided Safari.

Does everyone go to the same FotLK show? It's weird because you can pick from very diverse lunch/dinner times. But I assume they will have only a couple Safari cars w/ the special guide. So that means a couple possible FotLK shows at most.

I wonder when we will get more details...

Last edited:
The mental gymnastics are mind-boggling. Lunch at Tiffins is $35. You can ride the safari unlimited times with the price of your park admission and the only bad seats in the FoTLK theater are the first few rows. I guess that's what people call Disney math.
These packages are NEVER about actual math it's about personal choice and the value each individual puts on convenience.
Myself personally would not do this simply because I would rather eat at Tusker House or even Satuli but for some it's worth it and that's ok

These packages are NEVER about actual math it's about personal choice and the value each individual puts on convenience.
Myself personally would not do this simply because I would rather eat at Tusker House or even Satuli but for some it's worth it and that's ok
It’s most certainly about math (money) for Disney and for the people deciding how to spend their hard earned vacation money. There’s no convenience offered here. You can get a FP for the safari and FoLK, and not be forced to sit in the first rows, still eat at Tiffins and save $40-$60 per person. Many of the packages do offer convenience and I take advantage of most of them, but this one doesn’t.

Does everyone go to the same FotLK show? It's weird because you can pick from very diverse lunch/dinner times. But I assume they will have only a couple Safari cars w/ the special guide. So that means a couple possible FotLK shows at most.

I wonder when we will get more details...
No, that would not be possible. There's no reason they wouldn't have a special guide available following every FoLK show. There's probably not any more than 1 trucks worth for a given show. Or maybe 2, since 2 trucks can load. But I bet it's 1

It’s most certainly about math (money) for Disney. There’s no convenience offered here. You can get a FP for the safari and FoLK, and not be forced to sit in the first rows, still eat at Tiffins and save $40-$60 per person. Many of the packages do offer convenience and I take advantage of most of them, but this one doesn’t.
You must eat at Tiffins really different than we do. No way can we cut that bill in half. Shave $20 off for each person sure. Not half though. Anyone who can would sure not find value in it.

It's ALWAYS about actual math and money to me, and many others.
I know I always consider what our normal bill would be at a given meal, then consider if the package would be a decent value swap. Realizing it's never going to be an even swap. Disney is never going to be in the habit of giving stuff away. Last I checked, they are a for profit company

A couple of trips ago, my husband and I were seated in the rows in front of the bleachers, first row. The CM just spread some "pixie dust" on us, I guess,and it was a very nice gesture. We are seniors and not with children. It gave us a nice feeling that they would do this randomly. Now that is lost, apparently.
We also prefer the higher up bleacher seats to see better, but really any seat in FOTLK is great. This is one of my favorite shows.
Not interested in the guide for the safari, really? or in Tiffin's. If other's like this, I see nothing wrong with it, but not for us.

I do agree with you - convenience really plays a factor when figuring out if and when we will pay for a special offering (dessert party, dining package, etc.) - if we can afford to do one or some on a trip, we figure out the best value for us which always includes the convenience of something that is part of the offering. For this one, DH loves Tiffins, FOLK is our favorite show, and we've done the safari many times and would love a different kind of guide for it. So for us, it does make sense to give it a try this upcoming trip.

@yulilin3 I was hoping, though, that you'd give it a try to really weigh in! I always value your threads and your contributions to this site so I'd love to hear what you think of the experience!

Ok, got in touch with DSS and got a little bit more details on it. No idea if this is part of why it's not booking online or not, but I had to tell her when I booked which time for FotLK show I wanted. There isn't really a way to do that online. So either that's what is keeping it from working online or that wasn't really necessary info for the booking and she just took it anyway.
At any rate, we are doing a lunch meal and could choose to do a 3:00, 5:00 or 6:00 Lion King show, with the Safari following that. After I picked the show we picked the lunch time. She had no problems with booking it once she got both pieces of that info. So, if it turns out they do need both times in order to book it, I wouldn't be surprised to learn this is something you have to call to book and they remove the ability to book online. But at the same time, I would be surprised to see they make you pick the show time before you dine. They don't do that with other show dining packages but those do take a lot more guests. So who knows.

ETA - Below is how it shows up in my MDE, so I do think you may well have to pick the show when you book and the current booking set up does not allow for this, which is surely why it's not currently working online
Tiffins - FOLK Tier 1 (3:00PM show) Lunch

Last edited:
Ok, got in touch with DSS and got a little bit more details on it. No idea if this is part of why it's not booking online or not, but I had to tell her when I booked which time for FotLK show I wanted. There isn't really a way to do that online. So either that's what is keeping it from working online or that wasn't really necessary info for the booking and she just took it anyway.
At any rate, we are doing a lunch meal and could choose to do a 3:00, 5:00 or 6:00 Lion King show, with the Safari following that. After I picked the show we picked the lunch time. She had no problems with booking it once she got both pieces of that info. So, if it turns out they do need both times in order to book it, I wouldn't be surprised to learn this is something you have to call to book and they remove the ability to book online. But at the same time, I would be surprised to see they make you pick the show time before you dine. They don't do that with other show dining packages but those do take a lot more guests. So who knows.

ETA - Below is how it shows up in my MDE, so I do think you may well have to pick the show when you book and the current booking set up does not allow for this, which is surely why it's not currently working online
Tiffins - FOLK Tier 1 (3:00PM show) Lunch

Thanks for that updated info - what time is your lunch for the 3pm show? Was that the earliest show you were able to use the pass for?

I do agree with you - convenience really plays a factor when figuring out if and when we will pay for a special offering (dessert party, dining package, etc.) - if we can afford to do one or some on a trip, we figure out the best value for us which always includes the convenience of something that is part of the offering. For this one, DH loves Tiffins, FOLK is our favorite show, and we've done the safari many times and would love a different kind of guide for it. So for us, it does make sense to give it a try this upcoming trip.

@yulilin3 I was hoping, though, that you'd give it a try to really weigh in! I always value your threads and your contributions to this site so I'd love to hear what you think of the experience!
Thanks. Maybe one day I'll do it :) I do like experiencing these just out of curiosity and I do love fotlk and ks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter