Another package to try, this one for Festival of the Lion King **(reviews start on page 5)**

Just read through this thread, sounds like I will need to get lanyards at Tiffins before the 3pm FOLK show, and then the safari is right after starting at 3:30pm and will last until about 4:30pm or so. What time should we plan to park hop to AK for this? We will be coming from MK as we have plans in the park until about 12:30pm that day. Will being at security by 2pm give us enough time to walk to Tiffins, get our lanyards, and be at FOLK?

Also, it says we get a photo with the FOLK cast after the show? Is this true? I didn’t see anyone mention it here on their trip reports.

Btw, I am seeing the dining package available now through July.

Just read through this thread, sounds like I will need to get lanyards at Tiffins before the 3pm FOLK show, and then the safari is right after starting at 3:30pm and will last until about 4:30pm or so. What time should we plan to park hop to AK for this? We will be coming from MK as we have plans in the park until about 12:30pm that day. Will being at security by 2pm give us enough time to walk to Tiffins, get our lanyards, and be at FOLK?

Also, it says we get a photo with the FOLK cast after the show? Is this true? I didn’t see anyone mention it here on their trip reports.

You need to check in for the 3:00 show about 2:40, so I'd be at the AK gates by about 2:00 so you aren't rushing yourself around. Plus you don't know how long you'll have to wait to get help at Tiffins.

You don't get a photo WITH the cast you get a photo OF the cast. Big difference.

when do we pay for this package? Do we just pay the $99 at Tiffins restaurant? If so, can we use our Disney Visa to get the 10% off?

Thanks, I was wondering if it’s part of the restrictions since it’s a package thing. Normally you can get 10% at Tiffins using your Disney Visa card. I will likely ask my server just in case

when do we pay for this package? Do we just pay the $99 at Tiffins restaurant? If so, can we use our Disney Visa to get the 10% off?

You don’t pay when you book it - I know this because I booked today. I had no idea until I actually booked it because it doesn’t mention in the description. I highly doubt you can get a discount - I have an AP - but it sure would be nice. I hope I like the food. We have sat in the back of the theater for lion king the last few times we have gone. We sat in front row once when my daughter was there for her 5th birthday. She got to be the giraffe - she was embarrassed she didn’t know the sound a giraffe makes but otherwise loved all the attention she got. She got to help teach hand jive before the show started and was of course in the parade at the end where they bring lots of children out. She was on cloud 9. It won’t be the same as a 15year old though!

Thanks for the heads up!! I’d been hoping it would be extended, and just booked for our June trip!!

Thanks, I was wondering if it’s part of the restrictions since it’s a package thing. Normally you can get 10% at Tiffins using your Disney Visa card. I will likely ask my server just in case

It's not discounted, since it's already considered a special deal We asked when we did it this past fall.

So excited - I just booked this for my birthday in July!! I called in so that birthday could be noted on there, but the CM for some reason could not find a time where the meal and the show would work for my schedule that day (I've got Up Close With Rhinos at 11 (an hour-ish) and the ROL Dessert Party, so I was not cool with a 5:30 dinner as I'd be too full to enjoy the party). However, I was already looking on my computer and in less than a minute after hanging up, I found a 1pm lunch with a 5:00pm show for Tier 1!!!!! I booked it on my own and then called to have birthday added to the reservation. :)

Up Close with Rhinos, this dining/show package, and the ROL Dessert Party...it's going to be an AMAZING birthday!!!!

Hi,
ETA: Thanks Mods!
We did the Tier 1 Dining Package this past Friday. What a great day it was. We first ate at Tiffin's, which has a very yummy menu, nothing was limited. There were 4 adults and DGS celebrating his 4th birthday. The food was beyond excellent, in fact, it has now surpassed DH's favorite Cali Grill Brunch as the top contender. Our waiter was perfect and service was seamless. (I feel bad, I wish I could remember his name!). We were given lanyards with badges and told to meet at the FotLK exit about 15 minutes before show time. (For us 2:45 pm).
We spent some time doing the gorilla trail (where my toes got sunburn, yikes!) and then went to the show. We and 3 other families were shown to front row reserved seating as promised. Each family was in a different section. We were told not to move after the show, to await further instructions. I will not go on about the show, except to say it is my favorite Disney show ever! DGS was chosen to be in the parade, which was an unexpected treat. (He was very shy though, DDad had to help him.)
Immediately at the end a young lady whisked us out a side entrance. She made time for a quick potty break and then off to our private Safari.
The Safari was great, she gave us a lot of information you do not get from the "usual" spiel, and there were 2 young gents up front very immersed in her talk. She was very interactive, and although we went on the same route, the story line was much richer. There were only the 4 families on board, which also made for a great experience.
All in all, it was a fantastic day, well worth it for us!
I actually hesitated about posting how wonderful it was, fearing that like all great Disney extras, the world would find out and it would become over saturated. But, that's all part of being on this board, sharing good stuff like this.
It was a half day for us, we came to AK just before our ADR at Tiffin's, and left after the Safari.

Last edited:

What time is your Tiffin's ADR? Ours was at noon and we didn't finish eating and check paying until at least 1:15 - 1:30. And we did not wait any time at all to be seated.
I don't think you could manage eating and then getting your lanyard. They didn't bring our lanyards to us until after we had ordered.

So is either tier included on the dining plan? I know the ROL is, just not sure about this one.

Hey everyone,

Our trip is in Early July and this dining package sounds great! Are there Any specific times to choose that you all recommend? Preferably later in the day? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter