Another Pacing Thread

Tall Todd

Mouseketeer
Hey all, sorry for another pacing thread.

This will be my first LARGE race, local marathon/half marathon tops out between 1500-2500 runners. In these races I can do a 10-11 minute mile for the first hour, usually completing first 5-6 miles in the first hour. After this my splits start to lengthen, little bit of walking and whatnot. Ultimately I finish between 2:45-3:10.

I wonder how many of the M&G's I can do. Figuring the 'walk/rest time' would be used while I wait in line. Hate to set myself up for failure, but still want to get pictures with characters that aren't often available in the parks.

I know getting out of the last corral is crucial, I'll be doing a 10k this weekend. Sadly there are not many to run before the POT cutoff for W&D.

You'll be fine to stop for photos at that pace, especially if you get out of the last corral. Having a running watch or even a basic sports watch with stopwatch timer will help you figure out the timing. You could get a 16min mile pace bracelet or temporary tattoo if you want to really maximize your time. Or, way easier math, thinking in 15 minute increments. For example, you are in line for a character near the 4 mile mark, and you are at or under 60 minutes so far, you're good. Alternately, if you've passed the 2 hour mark on your watch and you are just reaching the 8 mile marker, maybe skip a few character lines until you are more comfortable on time.

Ultimately I finish between 2:45-3:10.

What did you estimate when you registered? If you didn't estimate the very slowest time, I doubt you'll be anywhere near the last corral, even if you don't get a POT race in. As long as you estimated something in line with what you can do.

What did you estimate when you registered? If you didn't estimate the very slowest time, I doubt you'll be anywhere near the last corral, even if you don't get a POT race in. As long as you estimated something in line with what you can do.

I put in whatever is right below 2:45, hoping for a good training season this summer. Glad to hear I should be OK to have some pictures taken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!