Another Newbie from PA

kerandmel

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I am planning a trip in Aug 2009. It will be mine and my mom's 2nd time there (I haven't been there since I was 5). It will be the first trip for my DH, DD7, DD4, and my father in law. It is freezing in PA so I am ready to go now. I want to book our trip on Monday but I am having trouble on deciding where to stay.

Melissa

Yours was the first post I saw, so I thought I'd reply. I'm in PA also and cannot stand the cold any longer...good thing that time is seeming to fly by lately. We're heading down in May. We took our oldest 2 DD's 4 years ago when I was pregnant with DS and promised that we'd return when he was 4.. so here we are already. Having a larger group I was having a hard time picking a resort that wouldn't break the bank. We finally decided on a family suite at All Star Music... 2 bathrooms, a kitchenette, and separate bedroom. All for about $10 more than a room at POFQ that would have 2 doubles and a trundle... Last time we stayed at All Star Movies and loved the fun atmosphere..I didn't see the sense in paying lots for a fancy hotel when we're the type of family that only uses our room to sleep in... You're in luck because I heard that they extended the 4/3 deal until August... and I also have read that around that time free dining is offered... The Dis boards are a great place to browse...I've learned so much here... good luck and I hope you book a great deal!
(I myself need a kick in the rear...we got our tax refund that I was going to use to pay off our trip, and now I'm bugging out about spending all that money!!!) My husband is probably gonna have to do it for me..I've got major spending anxiety...but Disney is SOOOO worth it!

Welcome !
I'm from Reading, PA and know exactly how you feel !
Here are a few thoughts:
1) Read all you can - from here, and from the WDW web-site.
2) My Favorite is The Contemporary Resort.
3) Refer to # 1.
4) IMHO, staying on-property is ALWAYS worth the money !
5) Refer to # 1.
6) It will be hot in August (duh !), so you might want to pick a resort with a "child-friendly" pool - the parks (all of them) will get hot in the afternoon.
7) Refer to # 1.
8) If you can afford it - a "Monorail Resort" would be the "sweetest".
9) Refer to #1.
10) Always remember, it's bigger, faster, louder, brighter, darker, noisier and busier, then you think - but it's also always more fun then you've ever dreamed or imagined !
It's never to early to start planning....

welcome.. I feel your pain about ready to go now..LOL..As for staying it kind of depends on your budget and how much you want to spend on rooms.I am sure you will all the reviews on places to stay helpful here

:welcome: I to am from PA, Reading Area!
Welcome We love (POFQ) Port orleans French Quarter
It is a quiet resort. And a nice pool!
Good Luck!
and Welcome!:cool1:

Hello!

I am planning a trip in Aug 2009. It will be mine and my mom's 2nd time there (I haven't been there since I was 5). It will be the first trip for my DH, DD7, DD4, and my father in law. It is freezing in PA so I am ready to go now. I want to book our trip on Monday but I am having trouble on deciding where to stay.

Melissa

we have stayed at all of the all star resorts and was very satisfied. We are of the mind set that we spend very little time in the rooms and even if we could afford a more expensive resort it would be a waste as far as we are concerned. We have walked through most of the resorts and the are definitely nice and surely worth the money, we just feel our money is better spent on other things. Good luck

:welcome: I to am from PA, Reading Area!
Welcome We love (POFQ) Port orleans French Quarter
It is a quiet resort. And a nice pool!
Good Luck!
and Welcome!:cool1:

I used to live in the Philly area. I loved Reading.

Right now we are looking at staying either 2 rooms at the Pop Century or a suite at the Coronado Springs.

Hate Pa![yes I have lived here in Plymouth Meeting 37 years! since birth!]
Love Florida!

this site gets me "home sick"....I miss Disney!...

go every year for 2 weeks and love every minute of it!.

oh its 21 degrees outside here so go figure why I need a vacation

I used to live in the Philly area. I loved Reading.

Right now we are looking at staying either 2 rooms at the Pop Century or a suite at the Coronado Springs.

I never stayed at either but I hope to stay at either Pop Century or All Star Movies Good luck and keep us posted!

My DW and I are going in April. We went last year with my family and we're trying to make it a yearly occurance. Our first time we stayed at Pop Century which was alot of fun, but this time we decided since it was such a great deal(4 and 3) that we'd stay at the Caribbean instead. Now we're kind of wishing that we were going back to Pop Century. It was great for our DD and we've got some fond memories there.

I can completely understand wanting to go now. When I left work this morning(I work 3rd) it was -4 degrees. That's not with the wind chill that was the temperature.

Welcome to DISboards. Lots of informations are coming here for you, just enjoy reading reviews and experiences. During our first trip, we stayed at POP. We really liked it, the price is right, they have their own bus and there is a food court. :thumbsup2

Have a nice and safe trip coming. :)

17.gif

Welcome to the boards! I'm from the Poconos. I stayed at POP during Mousefest and I liked it alot. We were in a preferred room, which was great because we were near the bus and food court. I've stayed at All Star Music in the Country Music area, it was such a far walk with 3 small kids after walking all day at the park. Plus POP has it's own bus, where the All Star Resorts share. I've never stayed at Coronardo Springs.

WELCOME!!! This is a great site with a lot of good information.

Add us to the list of people from the Reading Area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter