Another GRAND adventure..west coast style W/ PICS!! 11/29 DISNEYLAND! post 163/165

mickey.gif

DAY 3 WB!!!

I was soo looking forward to this day. This day we were going on the WB tour, checking out Hollywood BLVD and having a nice dinner in Santa Monica

SO we started our day with the WB Tour. Corrie brought us there a little before 10:00 am if I remember correctly...on the way Greg spilled his coffee on his nice clean white and blue polo..uh OH!!! But Corrie, ever the thoughtful one, ran to a drugstore and suprised us while we waited for the tour with a TIDE PEN! Here is proof that it works wonders:
DSCN2262.jpg

After a short film on WB we took to the trams with our tour guide Lenny, who was great by the way, very personable and knowledgable as well.
DSCN2263.jpg

Greg sat shotgun
DSCN2264.jpg

The famous watertower:
DSCN2265.jpg

We drove around alot of the backlots and he explained that alot of NYC shows are filmed on the streets back there, as well as movie scenes...
This is the fire escape that they filmed that upside down kiss from Spiderman:
DSCN2266.jpg

Lenny took us inside a half set..it is different than many of the empty shell buildings we were driving by because this one actually gets filmed from the inside and outside a bit. This particular one was still set up from filming the movie Don't mess with Zohan...it was the hair salon I guess
DSCN2269.jpg

NOW...I got really excited because we got to visit the outside set of E.R.!!! Since this is the last season of that show it was even cooler. Lenny told us that it is the longest running drama to film on the WB lot. Its been housed there for 15 years!! They had just filmed a few Dec/Christmas episodes a few days before so the fake snow and Christmas decorations were still up!
DSCN2271.jpg

DSCN2272.jpg

Good ole County General!
DSCN2273.jpg

DSCN2274.jpg

You can see the JUMBO MART behind Greg that they show all the time, note the Santa head decorations!
DSCN2275.jpg

the basketball hoop and main entrace to the emergency room
DSCN2276.jpg

DSCN2278.jpg

Delivered to Dr. Archie:
DSCN2279.jpg

SO cool!
At some points we had to stow away our cameras...like when we went to check out the 2 1/2 Men set. That was cool. It amazes me that they can make it look so expansive on tv when its really a pretty small set! I wish they let us take pictures there though!
All was not lost..we got to visit the Friends Set! It is not in the same soundstage as when they filmed of course, but they moved everything that was in there from the coffee shop and set it up exactly as it was when it was a working set. They even named the set that Friends was filmed on the "Friends Soundstage"
DSCN2294.jpg

" I'll be there for you..doododoododoododododooo!"
DSCN2296.jpg

We got to see some cool vehicles from movies:
Ron Weasley's car that got wholloped by the whomping willow:
DSCN2290.jpg

Mystery mobile and those guys in the background are a bunch of Agent Smiths from the Matrix..they are very realistic..and creepy!
DSCN2292.jpg

After the cars we went into another place we had to stow our cameras away..it was a museum showing costumes and props from movies. They had a great upstairs that was dedicated to Harry Potter..I of course loved that!
OH I almost forgot..part of the tour was a drive around the "jungle" area of the lot...and here is where they have been filming alot of the outside scenes from HBO's True Blood Vampire show..I actually really like it so I was psyched to see this:
DSCN2283.jpg

Anyone that watches the show will recognize this tree as the tree Bill was chained down near when Sookie came to his rescue:
DSCN2285.jpg

Sidenote: I love the Gilmore Girls..I am still upset it is off the air and the fact that Stars Hollow was here at some point actually depresses me..because I am that obsessed with the show...however, we did get to see Christopher's Parent's house ..it is located in a row of houses called WB village I think, that they used the fronts for for some shows/movies..but they are all office buildings for the production teams for many shows on the lot:
DSCN2287.jpg

Now you may be asking.." I thought there was a star sighting??" Well there was..and unfortunately it occured during a point of camera lock down. While we were finishing up the tour we passed by Charlie Sheen talking to some guy on the side walk. It was very cool..he had a crazy hat and blue shirt
charliesheen.jpg

He looked just like he looks in pictures and tv..but alas he was smoking a cigarette..bad boy ;)
So that about sums about our WB experience!
DSCN2297.jpg

All in all the WB tour was great..and I would highly reccomend it!
DSCN2298.jpg

Wow that tour is awesome. If we were going to be in Hollywood another day I would really love to do that. Next time maybe.
Great photos of your guys on the sets.
What cool Harry Potter stuff did you see there? I am a huge HP fan as well.

Great shots of the tour. Tide to Go pen :thumbsup2 . I was just curious did they tell you why you couldn't take pictures of some areas? Cool that you saw Charlie Sheen. I love that show 2 1/2 men he's on.

Wow that tour is awesome. If we were going to be in Hollywood another day I would really love to do that. Next time maybe.
Great photos of your guys on the sets.
What cool Harry Potter stuff did you see there? I am a huge HP fan as well.
Yes it was a wonderful tour..I want to say it was about $45 dollars a person, which i thought was reasonable for the length ( a little over 2 hours) and what you got to see. The exciting thing about those types of tours is you never know how hopping the lot will be and who you might see!
The Harry Potter stuff was awesome! They had a sorting hat set up..I was sorted to HufflePuff ;) They had a bunch of costumes, even a wax full size figure of Hermione from when she got in that state of non-movement ( forgive me I can't remember what it really was called!)...they had a Dobby and they even had the fireplace set up with a bunch of letters for Harry..>OH they also had the actual room under the stairs set up too, where Harry lived when he was with the Dursleys...and tons more stuff!.it was all very very cool to see. i wish they let us take pics there!

Great shots of the tour. Tide to Go pen :thumbsup2 . I was just curious did they tell you why you couldn't take pictures of some areas? Cool that you saw Charlie Sheen. I love that show 2 1/2 men he's on.
I imagine that the times we had to put away our cameras are times when they know that we might run into live shooting/celebs etc...for copyright reasons also, like when we were actually in the audience of 2 1/2 men. I just started watching that after the tour and seeing Charlie, it is a really funny show!

is that my husband with that red sox hat on????? :laughing: ray has that same hat.

what a great tour! very cool that you got to see the friends set!
heehee..YES i have seen pics of Ray in that hat, what can I say, both are guys are sox fans! ;)
The Friends set and even the E.R. stuff was very surreal!

Thanks for reading !!!!

Wow! I lived in So cal for 20 odd years and never even knew that you could tour the WB lot! That looks like such a ton of fun! LIke a movie studio tour SHOULD be. ;)

Thanks for sharing everything!

I remember when Ferris Bueller's Day Off came out on video. There was a scene with Charlie Sheen at the end where he plays a "goth" type bad-boy boyfriend to Ferris' sister and we paused the video to kiss the screen because he was SO HOT!

:rotfl:

I just caught up with your TR and the WB tour looks awesome!!

Can't wait for more!
IT was awesome...I would never have known about it if our friend Corrie didnt' recommend it..i am so glad we went on it!
Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

What the heck! Ahh double post! Sorry!
heehee...no bigs ;)
Wow! I lived in So cal for 20 odd years and never even knew that you could tour the WB lot! That looks like such a ton of fun! LIke a movie studio tour SHOULD be. ;)

Thanks for sharing everything!

I remember when Ferris Bueller's Day Off came out on video. There was a scene with Charlie Sheen at the end where he plays a "goth" type bad-boy boyfriend to Ferris' sister and we paused the video to kiss the screen because he was SO HOT!

:rotfl:
HAHHAHA ...YES!!! i love that movie..and he was TOTALLY hot during the Ferris Bueller era...remember when they played that weird 1950s-ish song in the background during that scene?? "oooh Jeanie...SHANA!"..so weird..yet great moment in 80's movie history! And he was cracking his knuckles super loud! hahah...i want to go watch that right now!

Very cool tour pics!! I'd love to see the set of ER. I'd love it even more if Noah Wylie was there while we toured it. :love: LOL I'm glad he's making an appearance on the show for this last season. I miss him on that show.

Can't wait for more!!! :surfweb:

I imagine that the times we had to put away our cameras are times when they know that we might run into live shooting/celebs etc...for copyright reasons also, like when we were actually in the audience of 2 1/2 men. I just started watching that after the tour and seeing Charlie, it is a really funny show!

I love 2 1/2 Men. I have watched it from the beginning and it never fails to make me laugh.

HAHHAHA ...YES!!! i love that movie..and he was TOTALLY hot during the Ferris Bueller era...remember when they played that weird 1950s-ish song in the background during that scene?? "oooh Jeanie...SHANA!"..so weird..yet great moment in 80's movie history! And he was cracking his knuckles super loud! hahah...i want to go watch that right now!

LOL goodtimes (that and breakfast club :thumbsup2 )

There's another scene in the VERY begining of Ferris Beuler where all the kids are being shown in the classroom setting (camera pans around the classroom) and there is a girl with her head laying on a desk and I Swear to you it looks like my doppleganger (SP???) its pretty weird! It looked so much like me that when I told people it was me they believed it (of course they were 16 and gullible BUT STILL. LOL)

Looking forward to hearing some more!

A fellow Gilmore Girls fan...I'm so sad that it's no longer being produced, too! Neat that you got to see the front of "Christopher's parents house"!!

Looks like the tour was a lot of fun!!! Can't wait to hear more!

Oh yeah and guess what?! I have another trip booked! It's a 3 day Sat, Sun, Mon trip but it's still a trip to Disney World!!! A bunch of former Disney Brides are meeting up and I can't wait!! My husband won't be able to make it so I'm rooming with a friend!

A fellow Gilmore Girls fan...I'm so sad that it's no longer being produced, too! Neat that you got to see the front of "Christopher's parents house"!!

Looks like the tour was a lot of fun!!! Can't wait to hear more!

Oh yeah and guess what?! I have another trip booked! It's a 3 day Sat, Sun, Mon trip but it's still a trip to Disney World!!! A bunch of former Disney Brides are meeting up and I can't wait!! My husband won't be able to make it so I'm rooming with a friend!

woo hoo for you! :woohoo:

Yes it was a wonderful tour..I want to say it was about $45 dollars a person, which i thought was reasonable for the length ( a little over 2 hours) and what you got to see. The exciting thing about those types of tours is you never know how hopping the lot will be and who you might see!
The Harry Potter stuff was awesome! They had a sorting hat set up..I was sorted to HufflePuff ;) They had a bunch of costumes, even a wax full size figure of Hermione from when she got in that state of non-movement ( forgive me I can't remember what it really was called!)...they had a Dobby and they even had the fireplace set up with a bunch of letters for Harry..>OH they also had the actual room under the stairs set up too, where Harry lived when he was with the Dursleys...and tons more stuff!.it was all very very cool to see. i wish they let us take pics there!
So you actually got sorted by the sorting hat. That is awesome. Sounds like lots of cool stuff. I wish they had let you take pictures up there too!!!!!
Ready for more. popcorn::

I read all of the Twilight series and just finished The Host (last night at 2:30AM) by the same Author. The Host was GREAT, very thought provoking.

I am now going to read Harry Potter. :eek:

I know, I know.. it's about time.

Looking forward to more updates!

How far was WB Studio from DL? Is it a day tri? My family would LOVE to go there. Did you have to prebook the trip or were you able to just show up that day and go?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter