• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another example of Disney raising prices 50%

I think the hike is because of time of year.
earlier it was cheaper because it was the slow time of year.
now it's more pricey because they are out of the slowest time of year.
That's how it became the two issues.

Either way, it comes down to if Disney hikes prices too much people won't go. If it still sells then it's just like anyone else using supply and demand to justify prices.

You really seem to be misunderstanding what I am saying. The Wonderland Tea Party use to be $28 year round...regardless of the time of year. It is now $42 regardless of season. January is low season for Disney. If you book it for tomorrow it will be $42....when I paid for it on December 26, 2007 one of the busiest times , even days of they year it was $28. Using these facts your "time of year" theory does not work.

Disney Chief Financial Officer Thomas Staggs took the unusual step of responding to Bazinet's claims. Normally, Disney and other companies don't reply to analyst reports or ratings.

"Thus far, we are pleased with the pace of business at our parks, especially given the fact that we had record attendance at our domestic parks last year," Staggs said in a prepared statement.

"Currently, our room reservations at our domestic resorts for the remainder of our fiscal year are modestly ahead of where they were at this time last year," Staggs went on to say. "Thus far, pricing of rooms at our domestic resorts is tracking slightly above last year."

That is from an article in marketwatch. As you can see WDW is still filling up no matter what the price is. So like any buisness they will raise prices as much as they can until it isnt profitable to raise prices. We must all remember Disney is a buisness first, and something that we should expect from them. Is it the way Walt invisioned it? Probly not, but something we need to deal with as disney fans. People need to write, and voice there opinion to Disney officials if they dont agree with it.

How about this for Mickey's Backyard BBQ. $48.99 for a BBQ, even with the entertainment??!

Cost is $44.99 for adults and $26.99 for children ages 3-9 (tax and gratuity included). A surcharge will apply during the peak holiday season, March 16-30, 2008: $48.99 (ages 10+) and $28.99 (ages 3-9).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter