Another Disney Visa question...

dkis4nu

Mouseketeer
If you use your Disney Visa as the charge card on the cruise, is that applicable for the 6 month 0% APR?

dk

Yes it is. I paid my deposit on my DV and it showed up on my statement seperate from the rest of my balance with 0% interest and it showed the date until it would be interest free.

If you use your Disney Visa as the charge card on the cruise, is that applicable for the 6 month 0% APR?

dk

If you are talking about your shipboard charges, such as tips, drinks, excursions, etc... No, that is not eligible for the 0%. We were on the Mexican Riviera cruise and rebooked onboard. The $800 booking deposit was charged separately and is 0% for 6 months but our shipboard account was billed as a regular purchase.

Something to be aware of regarding the 0% interest for 6 months. If you carry a balance on your VISA a nd then charge your vacation, the first payment you make goes towards the lowest interest rate charges first. So, really, unless you have a zero balance before charging your trip, you don't get 0% really. It was very hard for me to follow, but I called Chase and they explained it until I got it.

The info posted above is incorrect. In the cardmember agreement it reads: "Payment allocation: You agree that we are authorized to allocate your payments in a way that is most favorable to or convenient to us. For example, you authorize us to apply your payments and credits to balances with lower APRs before balances with higher APRs for all balances EXCEPT promotional balances for Disney vacation packages." I called and verified this with the Disney Rewards Visa Rep.

The info posted above is incorrect. In the cardmember agreement it reads: "Payment allocation: You agree that we are authorized to allocate your payments in a way that is most favorable to or convenient to us. For example, you authorize us to apply your payments and credits to balances with lower APRs before balances with higher APRs for all balances EXCEPT promotional balances for Disney vacation packages." I called and verified this with the Disney Rewards Visa Rep.

After reading this post, I called Chase back again. I didn't even speak to the first person that answered the phon. Instead I asked for cardmember services. The woman I spoke to this time verified what sharen24 said. When I asked why the first 2 people told me something different, she said she had no idea and apologized for their error. I am so glad that I called back based on sharon24's comment. Thank you so much sharon24! I almost cancelled my card when I spoke to Chase last week.

This is correct (been doing it for years). And I'm glad you didn't cancel your card. Here's a quick example of how it will work.

You have a Disney Vacation on your card for 800.00
You make charges on your card on the same month for 600.00.
If you pay your balance off completely before the due date, you will NOT incurr interest and you have another 5 months to pay off the 800.00.
If you decide to pay $650.00 then your new 0% balance will be $750.00. This is where I got tripped up one time, I usually pay a little more than I owe (we use that card for everything and I managed to make a dent in the "Disney Balance" but that's not quite what I wanted. :lmao: Hope this makes sense.
Since we never pay interest charges because we pay it off every month (except for the Disney Promotional APR'S) I have no clue how the interest on the rest of the bill works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter