Another Dinner Show Question

allstonsmommy

Mouseketeer
Which would be better for my family, 4 adults and 3 kids, boys ages 6, 2, 2?
Mickey's Backyard BBQ or Hoop Dee Doo?

I haven't been to Mickey's BBq, but I think the HDR would be better for older kids. There's lots of dancing and jokes, but I don't think there'd be enough to entertain 2 yr olds. The 6 yr old might like it. But I'm going to wait until my kids are closer to 10 so they can really appreciate it.

Honestly, I'd consider waiting until the twins are a little older. I LOVE HDDR for just about any group, but I think the little ones wouldn't get much out of it. And as much fun as Mickey's BBQ can be for kids, I'd worry about the twins getting trampled in all that fun.

My DS (just 4 at the time) loved HDDR until he got spotlighted as part of the show and then he went all shy when every laughed but up till then had a great time - if you go with 3 small kids don't get a balcony seat as the youngest won't be able to see.
My DS(4) hated the MBBQ as did we. Your 2 year olds will get trampled and not meet any characters and the food isn't really worth it, the rope guy went onto too long for small kids. Would not recommend - if you were going for characters do another character meal highly recommend Tusker house as that has best food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!