Another Dining Question - Eastern Magic

CTFamilyCruisers

Mouseketeer
I've searched the board and found lots of helpful information, but I am still wondering about how the dining rotation impacts my packing. I know you get a dining rotation APLAPLA, PLAPLAP or LAPLAPL... and I know Lumieres is semi-formal no matter what night you go. That being said, what nights are semi formal, formal and pirate night? I just want to understand if my rotation could end up with my needing an extra night of semi-formal dress? Not to mention, Palo! I'm a control freak and not having this figured out is stressing me out!!!

Thanks.

We just were on the 1/22/05 Eastern. Formal Night is Sunday. Semi-Formal is Thursday. We had APL rotation, so we were in Lumiere's on Monday & Thursday. We had Wednesday at Palos. As a result, the 9 adults in our party wore at least semi-formal for Sunday night, Thursday night and Wednesday at Palos. We decided to do casual dinner wear (dockers, polo shirts, etc.) for Lumiere's on Monday night vs. 4 nights of dressing up. We certainly didn't feel out of place in Lumiere's with business casual on Monday, but I certainly recommend dressing for the formal, semi-formal and Palo dinners.

Pirate night is on Tuesday after day at St. Maartan. It's casual dinner wear. A few guests wear eye patches or pirate hats to dinner, but nothing to outlandish. Regardless, you'll receive a pirate dew (sp?) rag at dinner to wear and most guests went this route. They've had some complaints I guess that Pirate night is after a long day in St. Maartan, starts at 9:45pm w/fireworks not going off until 10:45ish, then the next day in St. Thomas it's mandatory that everyone on the ship get up by 6:30 or 7:00am to go through the U.S. Customs check in the Walt Disney Theatre. However, the reasoning makes sense, as it's the only time that the ship isn't on a rushed schedule and the captain can take time to position the ship so the wind carries the fireworks away from the ship.

I will be wearing the same thing for formal and semi formal nights-a dressy black skirt-long, and a glittery top and jacket. I'm also bring another blouse so I can swap it out, if I want to.

DH is bring a suit for these nights.

and I know Lumieres is semi-formal no matter what night you go.
Not quite right. If you are in Lumieres on Pirate Night you WILL be out of place if you are dressed "semi-formally" :goodvibes I treat Lumieres like all of the other restaurants on "non themed nights" in other words I wear slacks and a polo shirt (I know, it's a lot harder for all the ladies out there;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter